Notifications
Clear all

Lemon/ Lime Juice Irritation

MemberMember
(@amegthing23)

Posted : 06/17/2013 11:31 am

I have heard some say that when the use lemon/ lime juice they experience irritation. One thing I have found is the use of honey, preferably local, helps to reduce the slight discomfort. All you do is smear a little on the lemon/ lime wedge, or mix a little in with the lemon/ lime juice. Does anyone else have any other tips? Hope this has helped.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/17/2013 1:32 pm

do u use lemon now?

here is a caution :

(@LewisS)

Posted : 06/17/2013 1:58 pm

Lemons contain acid. Acid is irritating. It's much better if it's diluted with either water (and used as a toner) or mixed with honey and used as a cleanser. You could even mix a bit of lemon juice with egg whites and make a mask.

Don't leave lemon juice on your face, make sure to wash it off.

MemberMember
(@gotohellacne)

Posted : 06/17/2013 6:23 pm

It contains citric acid, which is a huge irritant for your skin. I usually dilute it with honey, sugar or water. (The sugar works as a diluter and an exfoliator) even if you tend to have "tougher" skin that's not sensitive, it can still burn your skin leaving a red rash. Another way is squeeze the juice into a cup and add a few drops of honey.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/17/2013 7:12 pm

I firstly skin needle with a 0.25mm roller and then apply fresh lemon juice to my skin, it does sting a little and goes red for 10-20 minutes (just like glycolic acid peels only better because of the vitamin c content). The redness shows it is remodeling the skin/ healing scar tissue. I highly recommend this modality is you have scarring or pervasive skin damage (fresh lemon juice tightens your skin and exfoliates the top layer). I also leave it on...however, if your skin quality is good, you can wash it off after 10 minutes or 1/2 hour etc....everyone's skin needs different levels/ strengths of treatment, let your skin "talk" to you about what helps it best...

However, if you have generally good skin (or thin skin) but only a few spots, there are better options, such as:

• applying 100% essential organic lavender oil directly onto your spots 2 x daily (they should totally disappear with 48-72 hours). Just don't apply it all over your face as it is far too drying.
  • As a preventative measure, apply 100% essential organic tea tree all over your face (please test a patch over 24 hours first, some people can be allergic to it). This won't clear existing acne/ spots fast, but it will help prevent new ones forming in the future by keeping your face free of fungal growth/ acne bacteria etc....it's also helpful in healing/ preventing skin cancer. So test what dosage your skin needs; I like to apply it straight over my face (and I'm acne free btw because of this product), but you might like to dilute it with 100% pure rosewater, spring water or another 100% cold pressed organic oil etc. You could also do the OCM (oil cleanse method) with tea tree oil (and jojoba etc?) and then rinse it off and let your skin air dry (avoid using towels on your face, they can cause acne...clean tissues can be okay....but naturally allowing your face to air dry is best). Also, change your bedding regularly, keep your space clean, tidy, dust free and change your pillow case ever 2 days (sleep on new side each night). Use natural cleaning products at home, clothes and for your bed linen/ towels.

I have also heard organic brown sugar with fresh lemon juice is a great scrub...I've not tried it yet, but I might in future.

However, you won't find any long term success with any topical you use if you eat junk food/ drink junk drinks. You must make EVERY mouthful nutritious to have good clear healthy skin longterm. So, try drinking fresh fruit/ veg juices daily like carrot/ apple/ beetroot/ ginger etc or a supergreen juice (just add chlorella/ spirulina/ barley grass etc). Spring water is also great. Also, ensure you eat lots of green leafy vegetables like raw kale, salad spinach, cos lettuce, mixed lettuce etc with fresh lemon juice, evoo + sea salt + pepper etc...other good foods are brown rice, organic non-GMO tempeh, steamed vegetables, kiwi fruit, passion fruit, lemongrass, sea vegetables, watermelon, organic strawberries, green & red organic apples, berries, dried fruit without sulphur, red onion raw in salad, cayenne pepper, capsicum, tomato, gluten free muesli with almond milk, mixed nuts (if you're not allergic to them), mixed seeds, pumpkin/ sweet potato, avocado, 85% dark vegan chocolate/ cacao, turmeric, hummus, unhulled tahini, flaxseed oil, chia seeds, Lebanese/ flat bread in moderation (but in general avoid gluten products like pasta etc), fresh herbs in salad like coriander, mint, flat leafed parsley., thyme etc...eat quinoa, lentils, chickpeas(preferably sprouted...learn how to do this at home)...peas, beans, olives etc

Avoid toxic fluoride tap water, coffee, tea (NB herbal tsane like dandelion/ rosehip/ mint etc is fine though), toxic energy drinks, canned food, avoid plastic/ BPA packaging (look for glass / paper packaging), toxic sports drinks, toxic processed foods, GMO, MSG, aspartame, junk foods, chips, fast food, toxic soda...learn how to eat nutrition dense fresh, clean, mostly raw vegan wholefoods...and avoid dairy like the plague! If you must eat animal derived protein (which I don't encourage at all), then eat fresh, free range organic eggs from a humane farm; you can eat them poached or boiled (never fried).

Also don't use a microwave or fry food...instead dehydrate, bake, steam, poach or use a toaster oven for light reheating....but mostly raw is best...

Cheers smile.png

PS If you do avoid meat/ dairy, you'll need at east 2,000-3,000mcg of B12 per week and 2 tblsp of flaxseed oil daily...you also need to ensure you take a quality multivitamin containing iodine....

PPS EXERCISE gently daily for 10 -20 minutes per day..this helps detox your lymphatic system, circulate oxygen & nutrition to the body, organs, skin, de-stresses you and lifts your moods/ enhances your sleep.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/18/2013 4:08 am

I firstly skin needle with a 0.25mm roller and then apply fresh lemon juice to my skin, it does sting a little and goes red for 10-20 minutes (just like glycolic acid peels only better because of the vitamin c content). The redness shows it is remodeling the skin/ healing scar tissue. I highly recommend this modality is you have scarring or pervasive skin damage (fresh lemon juice tightens your skin and exfoliates the top layer). I also leave it on...however, if your skin quality is good, you can wash it off after 10 minutes or 1/2 hour etc....everyone's skin needs different levels/ strengths of treatment, let your skin "talk" to you about what helps it best...

However, if you have generally good skin (or thin skin) but only a few spots, there are better options, such as:

• applying 100% essential organic lavender oil directly onto your spots 2 x daily (they should totally disappear with 48-72 hours). Just don't apply it all over your face as it is far too drying.
  • As a preventative measure, apply 100% essential organic tea tree all over your face (please test a patch over 24 hours first, some people can be allergic to it). This won't clear existing acne/ spots fast, but it will help prevent new ones forming in the future by keeping your face free of fungal growth/ acne bacteria etc....it's also helpful in healing/ preventing skin cancer. So test what dosage your skin needs; I like to apply it straight over my face (and I'm acne free btw because of this product), but you might like to dilute it with 100% pure rosewater, spring water or another 100% cold pressed organic oil etc. You could also do the OCM (oil cleanse method) with tea tree oil (and jojoba etc?) and then rinse it off and let your skin air dry (avoid using towels on your face, they can cause acne...clean tissues can be okay....but naturally allowing your face to air dry is best). Also, change your bedding regularly, keep your space clean, tidy, dust free and change your pillow case ever 2 days (sleep on new side each night). Use natural cleaning products at home, clothes and for your bed linen/ towels.

I have also heard organic brown sugar with fresh lemon juice is a great scrub...I've not tried it yet, but I might in future.

However, you won't find any long term success with any topical you use if you eat junk food/ drink junk drinks. You must make EVERY mouthful nutritious to have good clear healthy skin longterm. So, try drinking fresh fruit/ veg juices daily like carrot/ apple/ beetroot/ ginger etc or a supergreen juice (just add chlorella/ spirulina/ barley grass etc). Spring water is also great. Also, ensure you eat lots of green leafy vegetables like raw kale, salad spinach, cos lettuce, mixed lettuce etc with fresh lemon juice, evoo + sea salt + pepper etc...other good foods are brown rice, organic non-GMO tempeh, steamed vegetables, kiwi fruit, passion fruit, lemongrass, sea vegetables, watermelon, organic strawberries, green & red organic apples, berries, dried fruit without sulphur, red onion raw in salad, cayenne pepper, capsicum, tomato, gluten free muesli with almond milk, mixed nuts (if you're not allergic to them), mixed seeds, pumpkin/ sweet potato, avocado, 85% dark vegan chocolate/ cacao, turmeric, hummus, unhulled tahini, flaxseed oil, chia seeds, Lebanese/ flat bread in moderation (but in general avoid gluten products like pasta etc), fresh herbs in salad like coriander, mint, flat leafed parsley., thyme etc...eat quinoa, lentils, chickpeas(preferably sprouted...learn how to do this at home)...peas, beans, olives etc

Avoid toxic fluoride tap water, coffee, tea (NB herbal tsane like dandelion/ rosehip/ mint etc is fine though), toxic energy drinks, canned food, avoid plastic/ BPA packaging (look for glass / paper packaging), toxic sports drinks, toxic processed foods, GMO, MSG, aspartame, junk foods, chips, fast food, toxic soda...learn how to eat nutrition dense fresh, clean, mostly raw vegan wholefoods...and avoid dairy like the plague! If you must eat animal derived protein (which I don't encourage at all), then eat fresh, free range organic eggs from a humane farm; you can eat them poached or boiled (never fried).

Also don't use a microwave or fry food...instead dehydrate, bake, steam, poach or use a toaster oven for light reheating....but mostly raw is best...

Cheers smile.png

PS If you do avoid meat/ dairy, you'll need at east 2,000-3,000mcg of B12 per week and 2 tblsp of flaxseed oil daily...you also need to ensure you take a quality multivitamin containing iodine....

PPS EXERCISE gently daily for 10 -20 minutes per day..this helps detox your lymphatic system, circulate oxygen & nutrition to the body, organs, skin, de-stresses you and lifts your moods/ enhances your sleep.

although i don't agree with every piece of information here,i'd still say that the post as a whole is great!

diet and lifestyle does play possibly the biggest role in our lives.

cheers!