Notifications
Clear all

Help, The Permanence Of These Acne Marks?

MemberMember
(@manderson)

Posted : 06/17/2013 4:02 pm

So basically, a few months ago i had a horrible cystic breakout, and for a while i've been left with some prominent hyerpigmentation. Progress has been rather slow, and i have noticed subtle fading with the help of prescribed Azelaic Acid.

Yet every time i look in a mirror, i become fearful that when these marks do leave, i will be left with more permanent scarring. If any of you could take a look, and from personal, or secondary experience suggest whether i should worry or not, that would be great. I mean, has anyone out there experienced complete recovery. i notice an ever so slight undulation where the marks occur, but could these become less apparent as the skin heals?

I have included only one photo because it's only one area of my face which has these marks. my other cheek is completely blemish free. The other cheek had a similar localisation a year back, yet i am fairly certain i had milder acne on this side, so it healed easier.

Thankyou, your feelings/ suggestions would be appreciated. This has been worrying me for too long

post-210885-0-23028900-1371502745_thumb.

post-210885-0-23028900-1371502745_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/10/2013 10:07 am

The small whiteheads won't leave a permanent scar, but you have a couple of cystic acne scars that have atrophied and left indents - the color will fade but the indents will likely remain. But there are only a couple so don't despair, you could do fillers (and have to do them every year) or try subscision (check out MrMatt posts).

But it really isn't bad, most of your skin is clear- you have options!

MemberMember
(@zefferson)

Posted : 07/10/2013 6:34 pm

Topical treatment of lemon and camomile overnight should lighten the marks and will help tone the skin well. :)