Notifications
Clear all

My Regimen Did Not Work Out After All 🙁 But Found New Regimen 😉

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 05/01/2013 4:53 am

I have these confined mostly to my cheecks. My derm put me on Spiro to decrease the oil production and prevent new ones, and a retinoid - retin a micro to make them come up/break them down.

Is it going well for you? I might look into spiro. Thanks :)

my derma had prescribed me scalpe(which is very similar to nizoral..i believe they have the same active ingredients) for dandruff.

so i will be using that..not on my whole face.

i mean to apply lil' dots on 2-3 bumps each day in shower and keep it for 1-2 minutes and later wash off.

may be for a week or so.to check.

i've done once today.i obvsly dnt expect immediate results.=p

lets see.

i've a holiday trip and i am a lil' skeptical about using it...for although i've nt heard of any negative effects after using anti-dandruff shampoo on the face but it still sounds risky.

i dnt want any new breakout or any kind of side effect.

but am still gibing it a try.

what abt u?

have you done saliva test?

Oh your going for a holiday! Hope you have a great time :)

I will buy some nizoral shampoo and try it out however not too sure about its effectiveness though. Will research a bit and send u some info if I can.

And no have not done saliva test. never heard of it! What is it?

here, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/47524-saliva-test-good-indicator-of-candida/#entry544734

u would want to check if nizoral has zinc pyrithione.

if not then,i suggest u use something which has.like head & shoulder.

see if u have scalpe.for it has both ketoconozole ip 2% and zinc pyrithione 1%

i hope u're following this post. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328366-bumps-or-spots-due-to-fungal-folliculitissureor-blind-try/

i hope i have fun as well.not sure.

let me know what u're upto!

cheers!

Cant find nizoral here theres only the 2% one and i dont want to start with such a high dosage. i also cant use zinc pirithone because it burns my face. I have started to use my retin a cream again only on my forehead so far its going ok. Will update pictures soon

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/01/2013 8:22 am

Well I have only been on Spiro for 2 weeks and they say it takes 6 weeks to see a difference. I haven't noticed any change or any side effects. I was using retin a but I felt like it was making all my clogged pores get swollen and turn in pustules or painful papules... I stopped almost a week ago and haven't had anything swollen since..I think the retin a is supposed to purge but I felt like it was hurting my skin and leaving dark red marks...I'm going to see an aestetician tomorrow and then will decide whether to start back on it.

I have these confined mostly to my cheecks. My derm put me on Spiro to decrease the oil production and prevent new ones, and a retinoid - retin a micro to make them come up/break them down.

Is it going well for you? I might look into spiro. Thanks :)

my derma had prescribed me scalpe(which is very similar to nizoral..i believe they have the same active ingredients) for dandruff.

so i will be using that..not on my whole face.

i mean to apply lil' dots on 2-3 bumps each day in shower and keep it for 1-2 minutes and later wash off.

may be for a week or so.to check.

i've done once today.i obvsly dnt expect immediate results.=p

lets see.

i've a holiday trip and i am a lil' skeptical about using it...for although i've nt heard of any negative effects after using anti-dandruff shampoo on the face but it still sounds risky.

i dnt want any new breakout or any kind of side effect.

but am still gibing it a try.

what abt u?

have you done saliva test?

Oh your going for a holiday! Hope you have a great time :)

I will buy some nizoral shampoo and try it out however not too sure about its effectiveness though. Will research a bit and send u some info if I can.

And no have not done saliva test. never heard of it! What is it?

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 05/08/2013 10:13 am

Just wanted to update photos of my skin i took this just a couple minutes ago. Still no sign of improvement even though im not doing anything new still using those products listed however i did cut out the cream cleanser and moisturisor think its too heavy for me.

These are my left cheeks

post-207556-0-18796200-1368025854_thumb.

post-207556-0-76105400-1368025889_thumb.

This is my right cheek. Its not as bad as my left cheek

post-207556-0-53440500-1368025976_thumb.

post-207556-0-18796200-1368025854_thumb.

post-207556-0-76105400-1368025889_thumb.

post-207556-0-53440500-1368025976_thumb.

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/09/2013 3:33 pm

Hey - I am back on the retin a now after having microderm and a ton of clogs extracted which really helped. The retinoid really does purge the stuff out it kindly sucks for a few months before you start feeling improvement. I am finally starting to see improvement - week 3 of spiro feels like my skin is a bit drier.

MemberMember
(@sehad)

Posted : 05/09/2013 3:40 pm

God, I have the same problem! Those bumps are so annoying and there's nothing I can seem to do about it..

My pics are here:

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/09/2013 4:17 pm

You almost look like you have rosacea with the flushing. Have you seen a derm?

God, I have the same problem! Those bumps are so annoying and there's nothing I can seem to do about it..

My pics are here:

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 05/10/2013 11:04 am

Hey - I am back on the retin a now after having microderm and a ton of clogs extracted which really helped. The retinoid really does purge the stuff out it kindly sucks for a few months before you start feeling improvement. I am finally starting to see improvement - week 3 of spiro feels like my skin is a bit drier.

I am so tempted to go on retin - a again but this time use it religiously however im just too scared to go through the months of purging. you think going for a SA peel is worth it?

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/10/2013 2:24 pm

Yes I think SA can help a lot. I had an SA peel months ago and it helped loosen some stuff up but made my face peel terribly since I was on retin a and they only told me to tske 3 days off when in reality it should have been at least a week. Since you are not on a retinoid this would probably be the ideal time to do it before you start. I found the microderm to have similar effects to a peel but it was gentler and cost more. If you get on retin a you could try an oral antibiotic with is to control some of the purging - I think it lessened the swollen ones for me after I got on Doxy. Also I am currently rotating retin a and SA every other night so the SA can dry stuff up that the retin a exfoliates.

Yes I think SA can help a lot. I had an SA peel months ago and it helped loosen some stuff up but made my face peel terribly since I was on retin a and they only told me to tske 3 days off when in reality it should have been at least a week. Since you are not on a retinoid this would probably be the ideal time to do it before you start. I found the microderm to have similar effects to a peel but it was gentler and cost more. If you get on retin a you could try an oral antibiotic with is to control some of the purging - I think it lessened the swollen ones for me after I got on Doxy. Also I am currently rotating retin a and SA every other night so the SA can dry stuff up that the retin a exfoliates.

What I have learned from retinoids is patience!!!

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 05/12/2013 6:43 am

Hey everyone who follows my post! Hope all is doing well :)

Just wanted to update with photos of my skin. Since the last time I posted my photos I have actually seen a really good improvement in my skin. I have changed a few things in my regimen and now I think I am near to clear!!!! I wont be posting details of my new regimen until the one month mark because I don't want to lead people on lol! Anyway these are my picture...enjoy ;)

These are my cheeks in the morning straight after waking up at 10AM..

post-207556-0-22404600-1368358715_thumb. post-207556-0-85369800-1368358735_thumb.

These are my cheeks after the whole day at 9PM thus the oiliness

post-207556-0-64494400-1368358879_thumb. post-207556-0-32653700-1368358890_thumb.

So please do tell me what you guys think do you think there's an improvement or am I just going nuts!???

post-207556-0-22404600-1368358715_thumb.

post-207556-0-85369800-1368358735_thumb.

post-207556-0-64494400-1368358879_thumb.

post-207556-0-32653700-1368358890_thumb.

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/12/2013 10:07 am

Yes definite improvement! I'm jelous - it's been 5 months for me and I'm still fighting it and am left with red marks!

Just wanted to update with photos of my skin. Since the last time I posted my photos I have actually seen a really good improvement in my skin. I have changed a few things in my regimen and now I think I am near to clear!!!! I wont be posting details of my new regimen until the one month mark because I don't want to lead people on lol! Anyway these are my picture...enjoy ;)

3.jpg 4.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg

So please do tell me what you guys think do you think there's an improvement or am I just going nuts!???

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/12/2013 12:45 pm

was urs clogged pores?

did u use the fungal shampoo as was mentioned earlier?

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/12/2013 5:56 pm

Mines just closed commedones. I'm seeing a dermatologist - it's not fungal they think its hormonal/stess related/too much oil

was urs clogged pores?

did u use the fungal shampoo as was mentioned earlier?

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 05/13/2013 9:26 am

Aww Dw one day you will find something that will treat your skin. Hopefully if my regimen goes well then I can let you know and you can try it too. I still feel that my regimen is too good to be true. But after about a month I will know for sure bcoz I will also have to take my hormones in consideration too after all I am a girl and my hormones play with my skin unfortunately :(

Yes definite improvement! I'm jelous - it's been 5 months for me and I'm still fighting it and am left with red marks!

3.jpg 4.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/13/2013 9:31 am

just make sure u use nothing that irritates ur skin.

let it heal on its own as well..along with the treatments or cleanser u use.

MemberMember
(@etude)

Posted : 05/21/2013 12:46 am

Wow, your skin is healing up nicely for just a month. My acne looks very similar to yours, so I'm curious as to what you're doing differently!

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 05/22/2013 9:42 am

Hey guys my skin is still going exceleenttttt its still clear and my forehead is really clear which is a big surprise for me because my forehead has never been clear like this I'm so excited! I will post pics soon, been so busy just finished my degree plus have so many family weddings birthdays in the coming days so much shopping lol! But by the 31st of may i will be sure to tell you guys of my miraculous regimen plus any tips etc. :)))))

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/22/2013 11:00 am

Tell us your new regimen! Pleasee

MemberMember
(@getridofacne32)

Posted : 05/22/2013 8:03 pm

I used to have a ton of these, they dont really show unless a room has bad lighting. Found out I wasn't drinking nearly enough water, and as soon as I started drinking 8-10 cups a day they went away. Try the same!

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/22/2013 9:42 pm

Really? Did they just dry up and come out of your skin or did you just stop getting new ones?

I used to have a ton of these, they dont really show unless a room has bad lighting. Found out I wasn't drinking nearly enough water, and as soon as I started drinking 8-10 cups a day they went away. Try the same!

MemberMember
(@getridofacne32)

Posted : 05/22/2013 9:58 pm

Really? Did they just dry up and come out of your skin or did you just stop getting new ones?

Not sure, after a week or so of drinking enough water they got smaller and smaller, until they went away. Later I found out what happens is your body is full of toxins it need to get rid of and when it has a shortage of water it just sends these toxins to your skin and they stay there until they get enough water to carry them out.

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/23/2013 12:24 am

My skin looks the same, and Acne treatments aren't really helping at all! I wonder how it could have developed this?

Do you think Tea Tree products would help and plain natural yogurt seeing as it's a fungus? I checked the ingredients of H&S it contains no ketacanazole and also Dimethicone which is a known pore clogging ingredient. Beware.

And BTW your skin looks amazing, it's healed up incredibly well! I wish my skin looked like yours! I've had these stubborn bumps for months.

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/23/2013 10:48 am

You have to get Nizoral that has the ketacanazole in it. Currently in America it seems you can only buy it online. Walgreens has stopped carrying it.

However, just because you have clogged pores doesn't meant it is yeast really unless you are itching. The reason the Nizoral works for some with clogged pores is because Ketacanazole works as and anti androgen in the skin, deceasing sebum, kinda sorta like topical Spiro.

If its not actually yeast, You would probably be better getting on Spiro and a retinoid to clear your pores.

My skin looks the same, and Acne treatments aren't really helping at all! I wonder how it could have developed this?

Do you think Tea Tree products would help and plain natural yogurt seeing as it's a fungus? I checked the ingredients of H&S it contains no ketacanazole and also Dimethicone which is a known pore clogging ingredient. Beware.

And BTW your skin looks amazing, it's healed up incredibly well! I wish my skin looked like yours! I've had these stubborn bumps for months.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/23/2013 11:29 am

i wasn't aware ketaconazole is comdegenic.

not all bumps are fungal though.

sometimes they also have heads.

some of my tiny bumps fo develop(sometimes) in the later stage(i guess they purge out or whatever).

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/329242-aim-to-make-this-thread-a-complete-source-of-information-on-anythingsmallbumpywith-basebaseless-with-a-white-headwhiteheads-alert/

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/23/2013 11:09 pm

some of my tiny bumps fo develop(sometimes) in the later stage(i guess they purge out or whatever).

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/329242-aim-to-make-this-thread-a-complete-source-of-information-on-anythingsmallbumpywith-basebaseless-with-a-white-headwhiteheads-alert/

Ketacanazole isn't comedegenic, but there is some controversy surrounding the ingredient "diemethicone" which is a silicone which is in Head and Shoulders (and most products). It's not in Nizoral though. It's not actually a known comdegenic but it does create a film over the skin which is said to trap the bacteria in and some people get pimples from it.Agreed, I don't even think my bumps are fungal, although the bumps near my hair line are a little itchy so it could be worth trying the Nizoral there.

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 05/23/2013 11:11 pm

I think she was saying the dimethicone is compdegenic.