Notifications
Clear all

Strange Acne/rash On Forehead?

MemberMember
(@anaamel)

Posted : 03/12/2013 10:58 am

Your skin is similar to mines. But my skin is less oily. What kind of acne do you have?

MemberMember
(@livvie)

Posted : 03/19/2013 1:20 pm

Well, I would classify it to mild when I leave it be and moderate-severe when I pick (which I am trying to stop). I don't really know though...maybe I'll post a pic and someone can identify it for me haha.

Well, I went to the derm! It took about 5 minutes and she said yes, I do have a fungal issue! It was not folliculitis though she said, it was something I got at the hospital during my stay then. She gave me econozole (an anti-fungal) to use in the morning and a steroid gel to use at night. She said head and shoulders even wasn't strong enough to kill what I had on my face!

Have to do the treatment for about 2-3 weeks and then it should be gone...yay!

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 03/20/2013 2:28 pm

Hey Livvie I want to wish you luck on your treatment, I really hope it works for you. The thing is my skin, well moy forehead mainly and the bridge of my nose is the EXACT same. I am beginning to wonder if I have this fungal thing too. Did she just take one look at you and decide thats what it was? Also do you any spots anywhere else?

MemberMember
(@livvie)

Posted : 03/21/2013 11:04 am

Hey misssac. Yeah, she pretty much took one quick look and determined that it was fungal. It took her about 5 seconds. I don't have anything like it anywhere elso on my body...just forehead and nose.

I've been doing the meds for exactly a week now, and so far see no change but I guess I have to keep at it until I've done the full treatment. Sorry to hear you have the same thing, its such a pain; how long have you had it?

MemberMember
(@raspypinworm)

Posted : 02/21/2019 2:02 am

Livvie did it go away??

Please reply

MemberMember
(@zanpacoma)

Posted : 03/13/2019 6:28 am

Is there any updates on this one? I have slightly rashes like yours on the forehead. I am on my 2 weeks to 3 weeksusing the regimen. Any advice?