Notifications
Clear all

Pimple That Won't Go Away, Is This A Cyst?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 01/19/2013 8:43 pm

I'm 26 male. I have acne still on my face with the pimples but my biggest problem is when pimples are gone, it leaves those red/brown marks which looks very bad.

Well a few weeks ago i grew another pimple on the left side of my face. Its on the upper left cheek area right between my cheek and eyes. Normally i just use neutrogena acne defense lotion on pimples and usually after a few days, the pimple will get smaller though it takes much longer for the pimple to go away. Well this pimple feels very weird. Because when i touch it, it doesn't feel like a normal pimple. Its sorta red/pinkish on my face but its not super huge like some cysts that i see online. Its however a bit bigger than the size of a normal pimple and feels underneize the skin. I also put some insect bite cream on it as well and it still doesn't go away.

I'm very worried because i had this spot for about 1 month already. It doesn't seem to go away. It however is not painful at all. I googled a lot and i read this is a cyst?? Also could it be an abcess? I'm very worried as i never had a pimple that never even shrinks in size so i'm very concerned.

Its like a raised pimple and when you touch it, it feels completely different than a normal pimple i get. Can someone give me advice?

Is it possible for it to go away? Or do i have to go to a dermatologist and have them look at it? I don't have any insurance so i would be paying out of my pocket. I hear people say they would do a cortisone shot on it. But wouldn't that leave a really nasty scar or mark?

I read that you could do warm compresses on it but has anyone here had something like this and had it go away by using any cream or warm compress.

I'm very worried right now.

MemberMember
(@flyer17)

Posted : 01/19/2013 9:08 pm

Every once in a while I've gotten something similar. I believe these are cysts and usually it's helpful to put a warm compress on them a few times a day and give them time to heal. I have never gotten a cortisone shot but I have also heard that they can leave a scar. I don't know if that's true or not, though, so perhaps someone with some experience can let you know.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 01/19/2013 9:19 pm

How long does it stay for? And also is it red? Like it looks like a raised bump as well and its also red/pinkish in a way.

Should i be very concerned about this? Also its on my CHEEKBONE. It really doesn't look like it will leave so i'm very worried about this.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/23/2013 11:40 am

i get my cysts injected because if i dont they will scar. if i catch them within a week or so most times i dont even get a red mark but if i wait say 2-3 weeks then i usually will be left with red/purple mark so i try to get them taken care of right away. my cysts dont go away either so i really have like no option but to get the injections.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 01/28/2013 11:11 am

I'm 26 male. I have acne still on my face with the pimples but my biggest problem is when pimples are gone, it leaves those red/brown marks which looks very bad.

Well a few weeks ago i grew another pimple on the left side of my face. Its on the upper left cheek area right between my cheek and eyes. Normally i just use neutrogena acne defense lotion on pimples and usually after a few days, the pimple will get smaller though it takes much longer for the pimple to go away. Well this pimple feels very weird. Because when i touch it, it doesn't feel like a normal pimple. Its sorta red/pinkish on my face but its not super huge like some cysts that i see online. Its however a bit bigger than the size of a normal pimple and feels underneize the skin. I also put some insect bite cream on it as well and it still doesn't go away.

I'm very worried because i had this spot for about 1 month already. It doesn't seem to go away. It however is not painful at all. I googled a lot and i read this is a cyst?? Also could it be an abcess? I'm very worried as i never had a pimple that never even shrinks in size so i'm very concerned.

Its like a raised pimple and when you touch it, it feels completely different than a normal pimple i get. Can someone give me advice?

Is it possible for it to go away? Or do i have to go to a dermatologist and have them look at it? I don't have any insurance so i would be paying out of my pocket. I hear people say they would do a cortisone shot on it. But wouldn't that leave a really nasty scar or mark?

I read that you could do warm compresses on it but has anyone here had something like this and had it go away by using any cream or warm compress.

I'm very worried right now.

A dermatologist would probably call it a nodule since it's not going away on it's own, and it more than likely won't go away on it's own. I have found icing them can sometimes bring it to a head, but a dermatologist can inject cortisone to shrink it down if you have insurance and I've never scarred from having an injection. But it's a needle into your face so it's not the most pleasant experience...