Notifications
Clear all

Is there a age where acne ends PERMANENTLY?

MemberMember
(@lady_c)

Posted : 01/31/2013 6:56 pm

A lot of things need to be factored into such a question .i.e hormones, genetics, lifestyle etc... Of course there is a cut off point but everybodies will be different, depending on the aforemnetioned. I started having acne around 11 or 12 years old I'm now 27 years old with persistent acne. My brother who is older than me gets the odd pimple and my mom on the other hand, in her 40's stil gets breakouts. I guess my acne is genetic I'll have to keep on searching until I find something that can control my acne *sigh*

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/31/2013 8:02 pm

What age did ur dad take accutane

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/09/2013 6:42 am

I am about to turn 30 in a few months and still have persistant acne since i was 14/15. I agree with many that for some of us, it will be something we have to live with. To make you feel better, i see less then men than women with acne.

MemberMember
(@magic)

Posted : 05/24/2013 7:25 am

I think I'm part of the lifetime crew.

Started when I was around 14, I'm 31 now and it's pretty much as bad as it's ever been.

So bad today that I won't be leaving the house for a few days.

Exactly a week ago I met up with friends who complimented me on how clear my skin was, and it was, clearer and more even than it had been in about a decade. Suddenly over the past few days it just turned absolutely horrible, out of nowhere. Just when I thought I'd found something that would work. (always the way isn't it)

I had been meditating for 15 minutes every day for a few weeks and I stopped just over a week ago, so it's interesting that in that time I achieved my most even looking clear skin ever and then got really bad skin again shortly after stopping meditating.

So I'm going to start meditating again.

It's such a depressing thing, acne, my life has been so steered by the condition of my skin.

I have 3 siblings, none of them ever had any acne at all, like not even 1 spot. My parents say they had it a bit, but they have no idea. Nobody does.

MemberMember
(@jsnjeppe)

Posted : 05/24/2013 7:50 am

I have had acne since i was 14 I just turned 18, and the last 6 months my acne has gradually decreased so I am sure that ill outgrow it within 2-3 years.

MemberMember
(@tommyhaynes96)

Posted : 05/25/2013 7:27 am

The issue is that acne starts in when our hormones wake up at ages 11-14 and can continue into our 50s and through menopause. In between, it can change year to year, even month to month and certainly decade to decade. So the answer your question is, that there is no particular age for acne to come to an end.