Notifications
Clear all

Is there a age where acne ends PERMANENTLY?

MemberMember
(@illmatic718)

Posted : 12/12/2011 3:55 am

i hope so i dnt wana have acne for the rest of my life.

hell yeah, i hope it ends soon. this sh!t has got to go........limpbizkit sux btw

MemberMember
(@jr0615)

Posted : 12/12/2011 11:39 am

it goes away once you reach 19

aha i hope so, i been 19 for 6 months

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 12/12/2011 6:15 pm

it goes away once you reach 19

nope :/ im almost 20 and still have it, my mom is in her 40s and has it realllly severe...and all the ppl in the adult acne forum have it in their 20s 30s 40s and so on.

Maybe if your acne is just very very mild hormonal acne it will go away when your an adult but people with real acne have it for life unless they do something about it

MemberMember
(@tyga)

Posted : 12/12/2011 8:16 pm

If acne stopped at 19 there wouldn't be an adult acne forum

MemberMember
(@jjballer22)

Posted : 12/13/2011 1:47 am

acne stops at 19 it's proven scietifically

MemberMember
(@tyga)

Posted : 12/13/2011 9:44 pm

rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@msabbie)

Posted : 12/14/2011 12:38 pm

In general, the most virulent comes with puberty. The guy with the worse acne I ever meet (polymorphic in face, all the face from scalp to chin, side to side). He never went under antibiotics and started improving progressively from 22-25. Now he's 31 and he's only have some scars. His breakouts were spectacular on mondays, after alcohol and drug weekends. Anyway, acne wasn't a handicap for getting girls and sex in his high-school/college years...He met his actual wife at 19. So treat your acne and give you a chance...don't punish yourself because of that!. Acne could be the filter that allows you keeping only worthwhile people along your life, none-superficial, just don't care much about how many pimples you have...

MemberMember
(@tiwi)

Posted : 06/19/2012 8:31 pm

myth! once u have acne ,you cannot predict it! i started having acne same with you when i was on my teenager age (i'm a girl so ,i have a puberty time earlier than you do, around 13) , and it heals by it selfs when i was 19, and 20 is my very best appearance (skin was smooth like baby's ass hahaha) , BUT i dont know why it came again, ACNE STARTS again when i blew my b'day candle on 23 and it's getting worse until i found this web and Dan REgimen, now i'm on regimen and i'm 24 this year. still having acne but i see improvements :)

It's like up and downs, come and go things hahahah

MemberMember
(@ramblinrose)

Posted : 06/19/2012 11:02 pm

To the OP:

unfortunately i dont believe that acne can ever be "cured" but it can definitely be managed. and u can have a clear face for the rest of ur life if u maintain a lifestyle that works for u. that specifically means finding out what foods, etc trigger ur outbreaks & avoiding them. more generally it also means a proper healthy diet, plenty of water, regular exercise, a good night's sleep & reducing stress. of course find a regimen that works for u and ur skin! the products & regimen that work for me may not be the same thing that works for u but all that other stuff i mentioned applies to everyone no matter how old or young u are!

do not despair. this is good news! if u love urself and ur skin enough to commit to a healthy lifestyle, u can do it! u can have healthy skin! i believe that! i'm counting on it anyway. ^-^

MemberMember
(@samiman)

Posted : 06/20/2012 3:52 am

ive seen plenty of people with milk/moderate acne which grew out of it.

ur body goes through a lot of changes during this period of time, obviously it will be overloaded at points causing acne.

if ur acne doesnt clear up after 25 (this age u can assume ur body has completely gone through the growing phase) then u can assume that there's something wrong/unhealthy about ur body. then it's up to u to heal it.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 06/20/2012 4:10 am

People report having their acne completely clear when they go abroad. Hence why that leads me to believe that there's something here in the west that we're prone to, that's preventing us from normal skin. I plan to live elsewhere when I get the chance, maybe Japan or Singapore...

MemberMember
(@tunnelvisionary)

Posted : 06/20/2012 12:35 pm

People report having their acne completely clear when they go abroad. Hence why that leads me to believe that there's something here in the west that we're prone to, that's preventing us from normal skin. I plan to live elsewhere when I get the chance, maybe Japan or Singapore...

I've heard that story as well. Before you move however, you might want to visit whatever country you want to move to for a few months to see if the effect is long term, rather than short term.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 06/20/2012 12:43 pm

I've heard that story as well. Before you move however, you might want to visit whatever country you want to move to for a few months to see if the effect is long term, rather than short term.

Yeah that's sound advice. I will surely trial the country before I move. I notice when I go back to home, the air seems "thinner". I don't exactly know what that means for acne, but I as well as my acne clearing up, I do find I don't have to breathe so heavily abroad. Strange :/

MemberMember
(@tiwi)

Posted : 06/21/2012 1:50 am

@lee1234 its true! my bestfriend who are originally came from other side of my country never break out until she moved to my city then she starts to break out pretty badly, after 1 year lived here, she moved back to her town ,then she get her skin back and still remains clear skin until NOW..

MemberMember
(@jc08)

Posted : 06/22/2012 1:52 am

My oldest brother took accutane in his teenage years and then at 26 broke out pretty damn bad. He's 28 now and still occasionally breaks out. So, i guess i'll be suffering for the rest of my life because accutane failed.

MemberMember
(@canilive)

Posted : 06/22/2012 9:49 pm

no

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 06/22/2012 11:49 pm

I don't many people past 40 with "bad" active acne...but the more I pay attention the more I see middle-aged people with at least a few spots, especially women around the chin area.

I can't tell with the really old women because they wear so much freakin' makeup :)

MemberMember
(@elfgirl)

Posted : 06/26/2012 7:52 am

I am one of those older ones. I wear makeup but it is subtle, little foundation, little blush, but I do wear extra eye makeup as my lashes are so light. In my 50's and I still break out. Watch what I eat, peanuts, ham, sausage, seseme, sunflower (seeds or oil) and my neck breaks out to where I look like I have chickenpox! I also break out here and there on my face too. So, NO! it doesn't end permanently for me.

MemberMember
(@blackblake)

Posted : 06/27/2012 9:05 am

Iv had sever acne since i was 12 years old. 21 now. I had to go on accutane because i was still breaking out. I didn't believe it would be stopping anytime soon. Oh and my dad still gets 1 or 2 cysts a month and hes 52. But he also does a lot of things wrong. He always eats fried foods, sweats a lot, touches his face, drinks alchy a lot, etc. But yea it really depends i think. You shouldn't automatically assume your not going to get acne once you turn 20 or you may very well be let down.

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 06/27/2012 8:59 pm

It depends, ask your parents if they remember when their acne went away, it'll probably be similar to them.

MemberMember
(@lucero-flores)

Posted : 01/21/2013 9:56 pm

I guess it's different for everybody. There are users here who are in their thirties, forties and even fifties who are struggling with acne, but there are so many different causes that it's difficult to tell if you'll continue to have it as you get older.

I'm 22, had it since I was 12, and it's progressively gotten worse, so I figure I'm not going to grow out of it anytime soon. Grim.

Same here, I started when I was 12-13 and I'm stil struggling with acne. I am about to turn 20 and It's just depressing to have to deal with it and the scars it keeps leaving. Now I've found this product that helps with my acne. It's "St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Blemish Control". I really like it because it leaves my skin smooth and it won't irritate my face. I use it as it was soap every morning and night. Most of the time I leave it on my face for a couple of minutes then rinse it off then I procede with my other acne control gels and makeup :D

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/22/2013 9:45 am

i have had acne on and off since i was 19 and always thought i would grow out of it but i am 35 now and its the worst it has ever been. nobody in my family breaks out and my parents have never had acne in their life so its very frustrating to be the only one in your entire family to have bad skin. what sucks too is that i am the only one that got the bad vision as well as all the allergies too!!

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 01/22/2013 10:31 am

For males a think ocne your over 25 or 26 it should end or at least minimize dramatically.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/31/2013 3:51 pm

I'm 30, and this has been the worst year for acne of my entire life.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 01/31/2013 5:37 pm

I outgrew my cystic/nodular acne, but I still get black heads and flesh-coloured lumps every now and again. I'm 21, here's hoping!