Notifications
Clear all

urine therapy

MemberMember
(@aderryn)

Posted : 05/24/2011 11:00 am

That's awesome, guys! Congrats! I'm at the end of week one and I am definitely still breaking out in what I believe are "purging pimples." Hopefully that'll calm down a little soon... Question, has anyone looked into drinking urine instead of just using topically?

I think that would be a HUGE mistake. WTF- in your urine you have all the toxins .

How can you drink that one ??

I think this is nuts! BUT if it works for you...

MemberMember
(@testtestlol)

Posted : 05/24/2011 3:09 pm

wow hmmm. Now this is going too far...

MemberMember
(@m-i-a)

Posted : 05/24/2011 3:37 pm

Hey all,

I'm on my second day of UT and so far my skin has improved. So I'm wondering, those of you who are experiencing purging breakouts, did they start immediately? Or did your skin improve the first couple of days? A lot of people on the UT thread in the Adult Acne forum seem not to have had any initial breakouts. Just wondering if I need to brace myself for what's to come... Well I'm at least sticking it out for two - three weeks. Unless it gets really bad, that is.

And also, how many times a day do you apply it? I do it four times. At 8am, 2pm, 7pm and 11pm, approximately. Do you think there is such a thing as applying it too many times? Not that it would be harmful, but maybe lessen the positive effect?

For these two days I haven't been using any moisturizer or make-up, which I usually do. Mainly because of not wanting to wash off the make up and then apply it again. So I haven't washed my face at all before applying the urine, except for in the morning and at night. It is my experience that washing your face more than twice a day is really bad for acne prone skin, leaving it completely dry and in my case causing it to go haywire with the oil production. Oily skin has been a big problem for me.

So without make-up on I do feel hesitant to leave the apartment, I must say. Though the UT has made my skin tone more even and made the skin less dry, I still look very shiny. And not in a good way. And then of course I still have acne, so all in all, me without make-up - not a great look! Would love some advice on how to use make-up and still continue the UT. Is it maybe enough to just put it on in the morning and then again in the evening?

MemberMember
(@trythis158)

Posted : 05/24/2011 11:15 pm

hey. m.i.a. i think it depends on your skin with the purging process. for me a lot of stuff came out but that was because i had a bunch of stuff that i could visually see under my skin that were not pimples yet but were going to come out at some point. the worst for me was about 3 or 4 days in some of my old cysts started coming out. im just over 2 weeks in and now everyday my skin looks better then the day before.. i am still getting a few whiteheads around my chin and neck but those are areas where some of those under the skin bumps still remain. as for applying it i cant help you with the make up i don't wear any im a guy lol but i put it on usually once in the morning, then splash my face with water and reapply mid day and then apply it one more time after showering. also i quit using all face products including any type of soaps on my face. i actually use some of my pee in the morning and in the shower at night as a facial wash i massage it in then rinse it off.

for you haters, my borderline severe acne has cleared more than 50% in just over 2 weeks so goodluck with all your chemicals producing results like that :D

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/25/2011 2:32 pm

Hey all,

I'm on my second day of UT and so far my skin has improved. So I'm wondering, those of you who are experiencing purging breakouts, did they start immediately? Or did your skin improve the first couple of days? A lot of people on the UT thread in the Adult Acne forum seem not to have had any initial breakouts. Just wondering if I need to brace myself for what's to come... Well I'm at least sticking it out for two - three weeks. Unless it gets really bad, that is.

And also, how many times a day do you apply it? I do it four times. At 8am, 2pm, 7pm and 11pm, approximately. Do you think there is such a thing as applying it too many times? Not that it would be harmful, but maybe lessen the positive effect?

For these two days I haven't been using any moisturizer or make-up, which I usually do. Mainly because of not wanting to wash off the make up and then apply it again. So I haven't washed my face at all before applying the urine, except for in the morning and at night. It is my experience that washing your face more than twice a day is really bad for acne prone skin, leaving it completely dry and in my case causing it to go haywire with the oil production. Oily skin has been a big problem for me.

So without make-up on I do feel hesitant to leave the apartment, I must say. Though the UT has made my skin tone more even and made the skin less dry, I still look very shiny. And not in a good way. And then of course I still have acne, so all in all, me without make-up - not a great look! Would love some advice on how to use make-up and still continue the UT. Is it maybe enough to just put it on in the morning and then again in the evening?

Ok, let me clear some of your questions up. Do the breakouts start immediately? Yes usually they do but it varies from person to person. For example, a person who has had acne for just 2 months might only purge for a few days, because their skin isnt as damaged. For me, I am almost done breaking out and its been 4 weeks for me. However Ive been getting acne for over 3 years, so I know I have atleast a month left before I am completely done purging. The only flaw is that I'm washing my face with soap, so thats slowing down the healing process by a lot. Its just hard makeup because I wear makeup sometimes. But the days I didnt wash my face with soap or put anything on it, my skin was much healthier and clearer.

You can apply it however many times your want. The more the better. I suggest using compresses because they allow the urine to get deepest inside the skin. If you just put in on with a cotton ball it is less effective. However, the more you apply it the better, just dont expect it be an overnight difference.

About your skin being shiny, do you mean oily? Because the first few days I didnt use soap, my skin was much oiler because I think my skin was confused and but then it balanced itself out after a few days.

For your last question "Is it maybe enough to just put it on in the morning and then again in the evening?", that is fine, but what is more imporatant then how many times you apply it is how you apply it. Like I said, the compresses and massages are really effective because the urine gets to the deeper layers. If you want to get over the purging period quickly, then you need to do the compresses and massages, otherwise you might continue purging for months. I only do it twice a day but its been 4 weeks for me. The first 2 weeks I used compresses every night and the pimples cleared in less than 3 days each. Now Ive become lazy because my skin is clearer so I just splash urine on my face at the end of my shower 2 times a day (it is far less effective)

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/25/2011 2:43 pm

That's awesome, guys! Congrats! I'm at the end of week one and I am definitely still breaking out in what I believe are "purging pimples." Hopefully that'll calm down a little soon... Question, has anyone looked into drinking urine instead of just using topically?

I think that would be a HUGE mistake. WTF- in your urine you have all the toxins .

How can you drink that one ??

I think this is nuts! BUT if it works for you...

Drinking urine does work. I've been doing it for over with week, and my skin is getting better after drinking it. It has important minerals and antioxidants in it that really boost your immunity. Many people say applying urine topically loses its effectiveness after a few weeks but if your combine in with drinking the urine, then the urine topically will not lose effectiveness.

Maybe your should read into the topic of urine therapy before making false claims. Urine is sterile it has no bacteria unless you have a urinary tract infection. I was sick once and after drinking a shot of urine, my sickness dissapeared overnight. Urine is blood plasma it doesnt have toxins unless you are consuming toxic substances. Its really amazing doing it internally and it cleans out your whole system. People have been doing it for thousands of years with good results and curing incurable diseases, so how can we judge people who have used one of the earliest medicines our planet has ever seen.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/25/2011 2:47 pm

I was wondering whether to try this but I'm on medication and on another thread someone had mentioned you shouldn't use your urine if you're on meds as you could overdose on them when you put the urine on your skin!

Does it really seem to be working well for you guys then??

Yes, it really is working. I wouldnt use it if you're taking medication. If your want to use it topically or internally, then wait three days for it to clear out of your system and then start. I heard of a lady who was going through chemotherapy for cancer and she waited a few days before starting taking urine and she got rid of her cancer in a few months with it.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/25/2011 2:56 pm

hey. m.i.a. i think it depends on your skin with the purging process. for me a lot of stuff came out but that was because i had a bunch of stuff that i could visually see under my skin that were not pimples yet but were going to come out at some point. the worst for me was about 3 or 4 days in some of my old cysts started coming out. im just over 2 weeks in and now everyday my skin looks better then the day before.. i am still getting a few whiteheads around my chin and neck but those are areas where some of those under the skin bumps still remain. as for applying it i cant help you with the make up i don't wear any im a guy lol but i put it on usually once in the morning, then splash my face with water and reapply mid day and then apply it one more time after showering. also i quit using all face products including any type of soaps on my face. i actually use some of my pee in the morning and in the shower at night as a facial wash i massage it in then rinse it off.

for you haters, my borderline severe acne has cleared more than 50% in just over 2 weeks so goodluck with all your chemicals producing results like that :D

good for you! I'm happy that its working. I feel some type of self-fulfillment in the idea that I helped someones acne clear up :)

I am not as dedicated to my regimen though. I just splash it on twice a day in the shower after using soap, and its not working as well after I started using soap again and stopped with the massages. My skin lost that healthy even glowy look even though its clear of most of the acne. Isnt that weird?

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/25/2011 3:05 pm

Ok I just remember reading something online (I forgot where) but it said that boiling the urine to one fourth of its original volume is far more effective. I remember I massaged it a couple times in the day to my skin, and it helped me remove almost 4 or 5 blackheads from my skin. I applied it every 30 minutes for 2 hours and my skin was so soft afterwards.

Since the urine is more concentrated it is almsot 4 times as effective. I think I might start boiling it down to one fourth like I said, but I have to find a times when my parents arent home. Otherwise, they'll think I'm a freak. I wouldnt blame them if they did :

MemberMember
(@m-i-a)

Posted : 05/25/2011 4:06 pm

Ok, let me clear some of your questions up. Do the breakouts start immediately? Yes usually they do but it varies from person to person. For example, a person who has had acne for just 2 months might only purge for a few days, because their skin isnt as damaged. For me, I am almost done breaking out and its been 4 weeks for me. However Ive been getting acne for over 3 years, so I know I have atleast a month left before I am completely done purging. The only flaw is that I'm washing my face with soap, so thats slowing down the healing process by a lot. Its just hard makeup because I wear makeup sometimes. But the days I didnt wash my face with soap or put anything on it, my skin was much healthier and clearer.

You can apply it however many times your want. The more the better. I suggest using compresses because they allow the urine to get deepest inside the skin. If you just put in on with a cotton ball it is less effective. However, the more you apply it the better, just dont expect it be an overnight difference.

About your skin being shiny, do you mean oily? Because the first few days I didnt use soap, my skin was much oiler because I think my skin was confused and but then it balanced itself out after a few days.

For your last question "Is it maybe enough to just put it on in the morning and then again in the evening?", that is fine, but what is more imporatant then how many times you apply it is how you apply it. Like I said, the compresses and massages are really effective because the urine gets to the deeper layers. If you want to get over the purging period quickly, then you need to do the compresses and massages, otherwise you might continue purging for months. I only do it twice a day but its been 4 weeks for me. The first 2 weeks I used compresses every night and the pimples cleared in less than 3 days each. Now Ive become lazy because my skin is clearer so I just splash urine on my face at the end of my shower 2 times a day (it is far less effective)

Navya,

thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions. It is much appreciated! I'm definitely taking your advise regarding the compresses, as I've suffered from acne for 15 (!!) years, and therefore might experience a fair deal of initial breakouts. It's always better to know that it's coming than to be totally surprised and start thinking that the regimen isn't working or worse, that's it's aggravating your acne.

And yes, by shiny I do mean oily! :) But also that the skin is just, well, shiny in itself. Even when I've just washed it, and it's by no means oily, it's still really shiny-looking. That's why I usually wear a thin layer of mineral make-up. But as I said, I hesitate to wash my face (using face wash) more than twice a day, which I would have to in order to dab my face a third or forth time. Maybe I'll try washing off the make-up with just water when I'm applying it throughout the day. Or maybe my skin won't mind being washed three times a day, since urine is such a superb moisturizer.

As far as the oiliness goes, I'm gonna wait and see if maybe my skin too will balance itself out. But even if it doesn't completely go away, it would by no means be as big of a problem when the skin is clearer. It's the combination oily/greasy skin and acne that quite frankly looks rather disgusting and dirty. Sort of like really greasy hair. It looks neither healthy nor clean.

trythis158,

thanks for sharing your experience. It really does give comfort hearing from someone who's just a couple of weeks farther into a new regimen. Day three is coming to an end (here in Sweden) so I'm trying to prepare mentally for the worst, but of course hope for the best....!

ok, well, fingers crossed that the purging won't be too bad. For me and for everybody else who's in the initial stages of UT. As long as we keep in mind that that's what it is, the body ridding itself of all the toxins, and keep a positive attitude I think It'll be fine.

So soldier on, fellow Pee-lovers!

MemberMember
(@m-i-a)

Posted : 05/25/2011 4:20 pm

Ok I just remember reading something online (I forgot where) but it said that boiling the urine to one fourth of its original volume is far more effective. I remember I massaged it a couple times in the day to my skin, and it helped me remove almost 4 or 5 blackheads from my skin. I applied it every 30 minutes for 2 hours and my skin was so soft afterwards.

Since the urine is more concentrated it is almsot 4 times as effective. I think I might start boiling it down to one fourth like I said, but I have to find a times when my parents arent home. Otherwise, they'll think I'm a freak. I wouldnt blame them if they did :

hmm, yeah I was thinking about that, making it more concentrated... It's a bit of a hassle, though, apart from being overall weird and quite disgusting, haha! But maybe if you do a bigger batch that would last for a week or so, if you just apply it once a day? I'm thinking using the concentrate right before you go to sleep, to boost the healing during the night, might be a good idea (and of course use the regular urine throughout the day). Also I imagine the smell might be a lot worse when boiled down, so just having it on during the night might be wise.

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 05/25/2011 5:10 pm

pee is sterile. worth a shot. and if it's working bam. lets drink our pee instead of water and brush our teeth with pee too! I am sorry, I just couldn't do it. I mean if you drink a shit load of water (like me, it's always clear :) ) and your pee is clear, wouldn't that be the same thing as just washing your face with water? Or are there some "special" nutrients in your pee that is the magic for clear skin??

But don't we piss as a means of our body releasing toxins, why would you want to smear it all over your face? It comes out of you for a reason. Hm. I mean unless you were stranded and didn't have water? Then knock yo self out. Maybe you are thinking it's working because you HAVE ditched the drug store cleansers that were actually messing your skin up? Who knows. I am gettin good results from what I am doing. Good luck with your peepee wash.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/25/2011 11:08 pm

Melie87 said:
pee is sterile. worth a shot. and if it's working bam. lets drink our pee instead of water and brush our teeth with pee too! I am sorry, I just couldn't do it. I mean if you drink a shit load of water (like me, it's always clear :) ) and your pee is clear, wouldn't that be the same thing as just washing your face with water? Or are there some "special" nutrients in your pee that is the magic for clear skin??

But don't we piss as a means of our body releasing toxins, why would you want to smear it all over your face? It comes out of you for a reason. Hm. I mean unless you were stranded and didn't have water? Then knock yo self out. Maybe you are thinking it's working because you HAVE ditched the drug store cleansers that were actually messing your skin up? Who knows. I am gettin good results from what I am doing. Good luck with your peepee wash.

Read this.

[Edited link out]

There have been hundreds of published studies about urine's use for medicine. It does contain special nutrients and antioxidants. They recently found that it stops cancer cells from multiplying and its been used for hundreds of ailments in the past succesfully. Ivy league universitys and internationally renowned studies have proven its efficacy. How can you judge the therapy when it has been proven to work and has rarely ever failed?

I dont understand why people think its gross. It is or was a part of our body. Acne is really disturbing to me not because of how it changes my appearence but because I feel vulnerable with it. I feel like I dont understand my body. Even though I eat healthy with no sugar and exercise, I still break out. So thats why I look at it as a challenge; like a war between me and the acne.

I like the idea that your body can cure itself of acne. You asked why I cant just try to not put anything on my face and no cleansers? Well, I tried that; its called the cave man regimen. However, it did not clear me up as well as the urine therapy. I dont know know whats in the urine but I think that its almost magical how it works. It saved severel people who were near death and scientists to this day cant explain how it worked its miralce, so I dont think its right that we make judgements about how it works when no one really knows how. Just that it does.

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 05/26/2011 12:30 am

cool. I mean how would the cave men and adam and eve washed their faces. It's about time we know how our bodies work, thanks scientists for saving people with their own bodies. I read up on it, checked with with MD's. I'm happy washing your face with your pee has worked. I wasn't fighting (hands up)

So then why are people still struggling with acne if it rarely ever fails? I guess this is the site for that 5% how has failed....hmm I'll spread tha word.

MemberMember
(@m-i-a)

Posted : 05/26/2011 9:30 am

ok, so I'm starting to see what you're talking about regarding purging breakouts. But even though I have a few new pimples and one of a more cystic kind, I really do feel like it's a controlled breakout. Just the body getting rid of what was already there. Overall the skin quality is MUCH approved, and I'm clear in places I haven't been for months. And this is just after four days! Quite amazing...

Oh, and I've also started to ingest it. Might as well go all out and get the best results possible. Especially since it is sooo good for your overall health.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/26/2011 11:11 am

cool. I mean how would the cave men and adam and eve washed their faces. It's about time we know how our bodies work, thanks scientists for saving people with their own bodies. I read up on it, checked with with MD's. I'm happy washing your face with your pee has worked. I wasn't fighting (hands up)

So then why are people still struggling with acne if it rarely ever fails? I guess this is the site for that 5% how has failed....hmm I'll spread tha word.

the reason they failed was either they didnt do it long enough or they didnt do it right.

Urine therapy is not an overnight miracle, its a detoxification of the skin. It took me four weeks for my acne to clear, now I just have a few pimples that go away in a day or two. The first few weeks were pretty bad for me and I broke out in areas that I never usually have pimples. However in the past 4 weeks, 6 of my indented scars filled out, now they're a little red, but certainly flat. My skin looks so smooth but if you look a week ago, it wasnt as smooth because I was still purging. People give up when they're purging thinking that the purging pimples are regular pimples but they're not. Sometimes it take over a year for a person to purge all their under the skin pimples and infected pores but urine therapy helps it be done in just a month if you do it right.

If they didnt follow the collect regimen, then they would most probably fail or atleast not receive the expected results

These are the requirements:

1)Must use MIDSTREAM urine. The beginning and last portions sometimes have bacteria and they can make your breakout worse

2)NO SOAP. It worked less effectively if your used soap. Trust me, I tried both ways and soap slows it down by a lot.

3)Get the urine to go deep into the layers of the skin preferably through massages or compresses. Splashing it on your face or applying it with a cotton ball will not allow the urine to permeate as effectively, meaning that the "purging period" will last much longer and you wont have completely clear skin for several months. How can you tell if its gone deeply? Your skin should feel much softer and that means that the urine has gone deeply, if not then you're not doing it right.

Hope this clears up the confusion

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/26/2011 11:19 am

ok, so I'm starting to see what you're talking about regarding purging breakouts. But even though I have a few new pimples and one of a more cystic kind, I really do feel like it's a controlled breakout. Just the body getting rid of what was already there. Overall the skin quality is MUCH approved, and I'm clear in places I haven't been for months. And this is just after four days! Quite amazing...

Oh, and I've also started to ingest it. Might as well go all out and get the best results possible. Especially since it is sooo good for your overall health.

Yes, I also broke out in a few cystic like pimples during urine therapy and they hurt but amazingly they went away in a week each. There's a major breakout which is usually in the first two weeks and then you have mini whitehead breakouts the rest of the month. Dont feel bad about it.

Ingesting really helps. It prevents the urine from losing its effectiveness. I've heard that for some people it stopped working after a month, but when they drank the urine it started working again and much better.

MemberMember
(@m-i-a)

Posted : 05/26/2011 12:13 pm

Yes, I also broke out in a few cystic like pimples during urine therapy and they hurt but amazingly they went away in a week each. There's a major breakout which is usually in the first two weeks and then you have mini whitehead breakouts the rest of the month. Dont feel bad about it.

Ingesting really helps. It prevents the urine from losing its effectiveness. I've heard that for some people it stopped working after a month, but when they drank the urine it started working again and much better.

Yeah, one guy in another thread used it topically for a month and got rid of his acne to about 80%, but then it just stopped improving. So he decided to drink it as well and was totally clear in a matter of weeks. Not to mention the countless other health benefits he gained. Success stories like that sure make it a little easier to gulp down that morning drink... Though I honestly don't have that big of a problem with the taste. Chasing it down with a shot of OJ is to prefer, though for sure.

On another note, I know it's not preferable to ingest it if you're on some sort of medication, or so I've heard. But how about antidepressants? Apart from having to monitor the dosage as you might end up with twice the amount, would it effect the benefits in a negative way, you think? Coz you hear so many stories of people with cancer, Aids, kidney disease, etc. who drink their urine (and A LOT of it) and I can't imagine them not being on any sort of medication. Or well, some try to treat their disease completely homeopathically, I'm sure, but there must still be a lot of people who don't. And it's still working for them, and in many cases their doctors are even the ones suggesting it.

So it should be OK, right? I'm not on antidepressants right now, but have been for many years until quite recently. And will have to start with two new ones soon. It's hard because you really don't want to have to choose between something that is so beneficial to your skin and overall health, and your mental stability. I have bipolar disorder, so being off my meds for longer periods of time is simply not an option, but my skin being a disaster site for XX more years certainly isn't an uplifting prospect, and for sure makes my depressive periods WAY worse. Or well, every aspect of my life worse, as I'm sure you can relate...

I'll read up some more on this to see what research has shown and what people's experiences are. But please, feel free to inform me if you have any information, or just speculations, on this.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/26/2011 1:29 pm

Yeah, one guy in another thread used it topically for a month and got rid of his acne to about 80%, but then it just stopped improving. So he decided to drink it as well and was totally clear in a matter of weeks. Not to mention the countless other health benefits he gained. Success stories like that sure make it a little easier to gulp down that morning drink... Though I honestly don't have that big of a problem with the taste. Chasing it down with a shot of OJ is to prefer, though for sure.

On another note, I know it's not preferable to ingest it if you're on some sort of medication, or so I've heard. But how about antidepressants? Apart from having to monitor the dosage as you might end up with twice the amount, would it effect the benefits in a negative way, you think? Coz you hear so many stories of people with cancer, Aids, kidney disease, etc. who drink their urine (and A LOT of it) and I can't imagine them not being on any sort of medication. Or well, some try to treat their disease completely homeopathically, I'm sure, but there must still be a lot of people who don't. And it's still working for them, and in many cases their doctors are even the ones suggesting it.

So it should be OK, right? I'm not on antidepressants right now, but have been for many years until quite recently. And will have to start with two new ones soon. It's hard because you really don't want to have to choose between something that is so beneficial to your skin and overall health, and your mental stability. I have bipolar disorder, so being off my meds for longer periods of time is simply not an option, but my skin being a disaster site for XX more years certainly isn't an uplifting prospect, and for sure makes my depressive periods WAY worse. Or well, every aspect of my life worse, as I'm sure you can relate...

I'll read up some more on this to see what research has shown and what people's experiences are. But please, feel free to inform me if you have any information, or just speculations, on this.

Urine therapy really helps with depression. I have been ingesting it for about a week and I certainly feel more calm and de-stressed. Its also helping me sleep better. However, its too early to know if it will help any other problems I sometimes get, such as the horrible menstrual pain I have had for over 6 years.

I really wouldnt suggest taking the anti-depressants in conjuction, because you might overdose on them if your drink your urine. WHy dont your try ingesting the urine for atleast a week without the anti-depressants and see how you feel?

By the way, I totally understand what you mean about the acne making you feel depressed. I've cried myself to sleep on several occassions because I feel ugly with my skin. I cant imagine how it would feel for having it for so many years. Sometimes I think I would be so happy if my skin was just normal

After ingesting it, I feel strangely very calm. I really doubt that its a placebo effect because I've been having exams this whole week and its supposed to be stressing me out, but I am totally stress-free about them. Last year, during exam time, I broke out horribly, couldnt sleep at all and had horrible migraines but the urine therapy prevented all that

You should read up on urine therapy and depression. Urine has many anti-oxidants, vitamins and hormones that help with it.

roho2114 liked
MemberMember
(@victorious-d)

Posted : 05/26/2011 7:56 pm

The first thing I would tell anyone trying or considering trying this is to at least boil the urine to make sure before ingesting it. After cursory research I've read multiple times that one's urethra has active bacteria in it and that the urine is only sterile until it reaches that point. If you're going through the trouble why not take an extra 5-10 minutes?

Btw: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=2415 very educated people discussing the topic of urea extraction and urine in general

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 05/26/2011 8:00 pm

I'm sure it's hard enough for people on this regimen to put the pee on their faces the first couple times, but how much more awkward to have to go into the kitchen and boil your own pee I can only imagine.

*intimate other walks in*

"babe, what you are doing?"

*urine therapy practitioner runs away forever*

But seriously, if it works for you, good on ya!

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/26/2011 10:04 pm

The first thing I would tell anyone trying or considering trying this is to at least boil the urine to make sure before ingesting it. After cursory research I've read multiple times that one's urethra has active bacteria in it and that the urine is only sterile until it reaches that point. If you're going through the trouble why not take an extra 5-10 minutes?

Btw: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=2415 very educated people discussing the topic of urea extraction and urine in general

Thanks for the website. I think this would be especially useful if someone had a urinary tract infection and they wanted to try out urine therapy, but its really tedious doing it every day.

I really wish I could do it because I've seen the effects of urine that is boiled down when I massaged it in my skin but since I live with my parents, it's not an option that they would welcome...they would probably think I'm crazy and 'obsessed with my beauty to abnormal levels'

MemberMember
(@m-i-a)

Posted : 05/27/2011 10:18 am

Urine therapy really helps with depression. I have been ingesting it for about a week and I certainly feel more calm and de-stressed. Its also helping me sleep better. However, its too early to know if it will help any other problems I sometimes get, such as the horrible menstrual pain I have had for over 6 years.

I really wouldnt suggest taking the anti-depressants in conjuction, because you might overdose on them if your drink your urine. WHy dont your try ingesting the urine for atleast a week without the anti-depressants and see how you feel?

By the way, I totally understand what you mean about the acne making you feel depressed. I've cried myself to sleep on several occassions because I feel ugly with my skin. I cant imagine how it would feel for having it for so many years. Sometimes I think I would be so happy if my skin was just normal

After ingesting it, I feel strangely very calm. I really doubt that its a placebo effect because I've been having exams this whole week and its supposed to be stressing me out, but I am totally stress-free about them. Last year, during exam time, I broke out horribly, couldnt sleep at all and had horrible migraines but the urine therapy prevented all that

You should read up on urine therapy and depression. Urine has many anti-oxidants, vitamins and hormones that help with it.

Yes, actually I have been feeling strangely calm (and for someone having an anxiety disorder that is VERY rare) and stress-free these last couple of days. And I was just telling myself that I will hold off on starting the medications for a week or two, and see how this progresses. Another reason for doing that is that some antidepressants can really aggravate your acne, and starting on them on approximately the same time as starting the UT will make it hard to distinguish which one is contributing to a possible breakout.

And I really am feeling so much better about my skin, so I'm waiting it out for sure before making any significant changes to my diet/regimen etc.

It would be quite something if this could somewhat cure my depression. I'll keep you posted on how I'm feeling.

On another topic, you mentioned menstrual pain which is a big issue for me as well. My period is coming up in just a couple of days and I was thinking, isn't it quite hard collecting the urine without contaminating it? Don't mean to be graphic, but it seems the likelihood of getting some blood in there is quite big.

So I'm thinking I'll collect some extra urine the days before my period and keep it in the fridge, in case there's a problem collecting it. And urine that is a couple of days old is supposedly more potent anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.

And one more thing. I know you don't use any soap or cleanser on your face, so do you just wash with water morning and night before applying the urine? Or do you wash with water every time you apply it? And how much do you drink each day? I drink approximately 2 deciliters (about 1 Cup) first thing in the morning and then no more. I wonder if that's all you need. I hear some people ingest a glass every time they pee.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/27/2011 11:13 am

Yes, actually I have been feeling strangely calm (and for someone having an anxiety disorder that is VERY rare) and stress-free these last couple of days. And I was just telling myself that I will hold off on starting the medications for a week or two, and see how this progresses. Another reason for doing that is that some antidepressants can really aggravate your acne, and starting on them on approximately the same time as starting the UT will make it hard to distinguish which one is contributing to a possible breakout.

And I really am feeling so much better about my skin, so I'm waiting it out for sure before making any significant changes to my diet/regimen etc.

It would be quite something if this could somewhat cure my depression. I'll keep you posted on how I'm feeling.

On another topic, you mentioned menstrual pain which is a big issue for me as well. My period is coming up in just a couple of days and I was thinking, isn't it quite hard collecting the urine without contaminating it? Don't mean to be graphic, but it seems the likelihood of getting some blood in there is quite big.

So I'm thinking I'll collect some extra urine the days before my period and keep it in the fridge, in case there's a problem collecting it. And urine that is a couple of days old is supposedly more potent anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.

And one more thing. I know you don't use any soap or cleanser on your face, so do you just wash with water morning and night before applying the urine? Or do you wash with water every time you apply it? And how much do you drink each day? I drink approximately 2 deciliters (about 1 Cup) first thing in the morning and then no more. I wonder if that's all you need. I hear some people ingest a glass every time they pee.

A lot of woman use urine therapy even when menstruating. As long as its mid stream, it wont be contaminated. However I have tried it on my face when menstrauting and there is no difference as long as you drink a lot of water, otherwise the odor is much stronger. Only get the mistream and you would not have blood in it (eww)

I drink my entire morning urine at 7 in the morning and then drink a full glass of water. Then at 7:45 approximately I take a shower and use the next urine on my face. I do that at night too.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/27/2011 5:31 pm

I tried boiling it down to a 4th and it smells. Now my whole kitchen smells of it...hopefully my mom doesnt get suspicious