Notifications
Clear all

Normal time for blackheads to come off the skin naturally

MemberMember
(@green_vegetable_man)

Posted : 08/02/2006 7:10 am

Today I have started a different approach.

It is secret and dangerous- I am experimenting.

If it is successful I will let others know.

MemberMember
(@green_vegetable_man)

Posted : 08/03/2006 7:16 am

It is very painful.

I do not know if it will succeed.

I will keep trying.

There is nothing amazing about acne cures

Our body was in problem mode.

That is why we have to resort to potentially dangerous techniques.

EVEN THE DEVIL WILL DIE

In the modern world the most beautiful and wealthy also suffer.

Even with wealth and slaves you are in grave danger.

I will write more about trials and tribulations at the end of this if I am still alive.

I saw the face of a ferocious wild beast.

MemberMember
(@green_vegetable_man)

Posted : 08/03/2006 2:51 pm

People put chemicals on their faces to compensate for the times they are not treating their bodies right.

Chemicals to destroy acne compensate for lack of sleep, exercise, adequate sunlight and balanced diets.

Millions of people will suffer.

They side-effects of chemicals are furthur destruction of other sections of our bodies.

MemberMember
(@mikee)

Posted : 08/10/2006 8:45 pm

if their on my face i leave them alone for about 2 weeks from the time i notice them and i make my skin tight around the area its in and get my fingers and push really hard just around the blackhead and it comes out like a long thing of sebum.

if it on my chest (i got quite a few of these) i do it right then and there, no scarring at all.

MemberMember
(@poormedstudent)

Posted : 08/18/2006 4:15 am

MelbourneBloke said:

As a blocked drain pipe causes a sink to overflow ,

so a constipated person will have sebum/oil overflow.

The key to cure acne is good bowel movements.

B5 is just a laxative. It has been used to relieve constipation in the past.

[Removed]

Ok, I registered for the sole purpose of responding to this ignorant claim. I've kept quiet as the ridiculousness of this post grows exponentially but to say that Vitamin B5 is just a laxative and try to back it up with some random, non-authoritative website all the while trying to make some outrageous claim that bowel movements and acne are directly related... I'm sorry to say is so far from true its painful. However, for your sake, I wish this was the case because you are so full of crap in all these posts a laxative is just what you need. Now on to the real science...

Vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid for us organic/bio chemists, is essential to human life (not as a diuretic) for a number of biochemical pathways - the most important is the ultimate formation of Coenzyme-A. Coenzyme-A takes part in the metabolic pathways involving the three nutrition subunits protein, carbohydrates, and fats - aka the conversion of food to energy (this process is much more complicated but this post is already long enough without elaborating on all the details of metabolism).

Pantothenic acid is first converted to the salt form in the body known as pantothenate. From here it is phosphorylated to 4'-phosphopantothenate by the enzyme pantothenate kinase. Next cysteine is added to form -4'-phospho-N-pantothenoylcysteine also known as PPC. Decarboxylation occurs to form 4'-phosphopantetheine and finally 4'-phosphopantetheine is converted to Coenzyme-A by the enzymes 4'-phosphopantetheine adenylyltransferase and dephospho-CoA kinase.

From the catabolic side of things, pantothenic acid is necessary to synthesize steroids and their derivatives, fats, proteins, and very importantly one of the main neurotransmitters: acetylcholine.

As for its role in potential acne treatment... There are many companies promoting the benefits of large dosages of B5 based on the following: "According to the study, published in 1997 by Dr. Lit-Hung Leung, high doses of Vitamin B5 resolved acne and decreased pore size. Dr. Leung also proposes a mechanism, stating that CoA regulates both hormones and fatty-acids, and without sufficient quantities of pantothenic acid, CoA will preferentially produce androgens. This causes fatty acids to build up and be excreted through sebaceous glands, causing acne. Leung's study gave 45 Asian males and 55 Asian females varying doses of 10-20g of pantothenic acid (100,000%-200,000% of the US Daily Value), 80% orally and 20% through topical cream. Leung noted improvement of acne within one week to one month of the start of the treatment."

It should be noted that this study has been highly discredited and it is possible to consume toxic levels of Vitamin B5 despite it being water soluble. Very few if any dermatologist recommend taking B5 in such high doses. To that end, most individuals consume adequate amounts of B5 in their daily diet. On occasion, individuals consuming large amounts of protein and/or fats will ingest additional B5 in order to produce more CoA to help with the metabolic breakdown of these altered diets.

MelbourneBloke: Please stick only to facts as opposed to the wild, sweeping, general, and uneducated comments/opinions you have been making throughout this post. Providing a single website for the extent of your claim/knowledge especially when it is not authoritative at all, is foolish at best. I, on the other hand, hold degrees in both biochemistry and cell molecular biology so I'm very confident in my ability to speak on this matter.

MemberMember
(@09rules)

Posted : 08/18/2006 9:56 am

Good post, Poormedstudent...

However, you're not going to get anywhere on two fronts... I agree with you that the practice of B5 megadosing is foolish for a number of reasons and that the study that "proves" it works was entirely discredited and not accepted by either the medical or scientific community... but a lot of people see results with the treatment, so they're not going to change their ways.

Secondly, we've all grown to know and love Melbournebloke as a neurotic truth-seeker who is highly entertaining. He changes his opinions about every other day with the next website he googles... It used to irritate me but if you swing at everything once in a while you get a hit, and so does Melbourne, so I don't hold it against him that he's no scientist. He's also not afraid to listen to other points of view, provided they aren't presented in a way that attacks him directly.

Thanks for the info, it was very interesting to read. I'm a chem major, so I completely understand your frustration with the pseudo-science the public is force-fed.

MemberMember
(@green_vegetable_man)

Posted : 08/18/2006 11:11 am

poormedstudent said:
MelbourneBloke said:

As a blocked drain pipe causes a sink to overflow ,

so a constipated person will have sebum/oil overflow.

The key to cure acne is good bowel movements.

B5 is just a laxative. It has been used to relieve constipation in the past.

[Removed]

Ok, I registered for the sole purpose of responding to this ignorant claim. I've kept quiet as the ridiculousness of this post grows exponentially but to say that Vitamin B5 is just a laxative and try to back it up with some random, non-authoritative website all the while trying to make some outrageous claim that bowel movements and acne are directly related... I'm sorry to say is so far from true its painful. However, for your sake, I wish this was the case because you are so full of crap in all these posts a laxative is just what you need. Now on to the real science...

Vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid for us organic/bio chemists, is essential to human life (not as a diuretic) for a number of biochemical pathways - the most important is the ultimate formation of Coenzyme-A. Coenzyme-A takes part in the metabolic pathways involving the three nutrition subunits protein, carbohydrates, and fats - aka the conversion of food to energy (this process is much more complicated but this post is already long enough without elaborating on all the details of metabolism).

Pantothenic acid is first converted to the salt form in the body known as pantothenate. From here it is phosphorylated to 4'-phosphopantothenate by the enzyme pantothenate kinase. Next cysteine is added to form ?-4'-phospho-N-pantothenoylcysteine also known as PPC. Decarboxylation occurs to form 4'-phosphopantetheine and finally 4'-phosphopantetheine is converted to Coenzyme-A by the enzymes 4'-phosphopantetheine adenylyltransferase and dephospho-CoA kinase.

From the catabolic side of things, pantothenic acid is necessary to synthesize steroids and their derivatives, fats, proteins, and very importantly one of the main neurotransmitters: acetylcholine.

As for its role in potential acne treatment... There are many companies promoting the benefits of large dosages of B5 based on the following: "According to the study, published in 1997 by Dr. Lit-Hung Leung, high doses of Vitamin B5 resolved acne and decreased pore size. Dr. Leung also proposes a mechanism, stating that CoA regulates both hormones and fatty-acids, and without sufficient quantities of pantothenic acid, CoA will preferentially produce androgens. This causes fatty acids to build up and be excreted through sebaceous glands, causing acne. Leung's study gave 45 Asian males and 55 Asian females varying doses of 10-20g of pantothenic acid (100,000%-200,000% of the US Daily Value), 80% orally and 20% through topical cream. Leung noted improvement of acne within one week to one month of the start of the treatment."

It should be noted that this study has been highly discredited and it is possible to consume toxic levels of Vitamin B5 despite it being water soluble. Very few if any dermatologist recommend taking B5 in such high doses. To that end, most individuals consume adequate amounts of B5 in their daily diet. On occasion, individuals consuming large amounts of protein and/or fats will ingest additional B5 in order to produce more CoA to help with the metabolic breakdown of these altered diets.

MelbourneBloke: Please stick only to facts as opposed to the wild, sweeping, general, and uneducated comments/opinions you have been making throughout this post. Providing a single website for the extent of your claim/knowledge especially when it is not authoritative at all, is foolish at best. I, on the other hand, hold degrees in both biochemistry and cell molecular biology so I'm very confident in my ability to speak on this matter.

Yeh you analyse using pure science. That is good. I just throw random ideas sometimes and enjoy when I learn something from people like you.

On the other hand dermatologists have a long way to go before they understand the skin.

I believe that some holistic practices like bowel and liver cleansing help tremendously . Now which dermatologists are able to accept that link?

Besides I do have a scientific background which will surprise you.

Now just a point to prove the ignorance of the dermatology community.

Not many years ago the simple band-aid strip for wounds, cuts burns had a medication on the pad. Now these strips are just plain. Why did it take the dermatology community SO LONG to realise this was the best approach.

COMMON SENSE AND EXPERIENCE AGAINST INCOMPLETE SCIENCE

In the past (about 25 years ago) when someone burnt themselves the great chemist/doctor community suggested an ointment to be applied. Now if you accidently burn your hand the first thing suggested is to put it under water. Very few think that an ointment helps.

Think about that my scientific friend. :):D

MemberMember
(@poormedstudent)

Posted : 08/18/2006 9:41 pm

<snip>

Yeh you analyse using pure science. That is good. I just throw random ideas sometimes and enjoy when I learn something from people like you.

On the other hand dermatologists have a long way to go before they understand the skin.

I believe that some holistic practices like bowel and liver cleansing help tremendously . Now which dermatologists are able to accept that link?

Besides I do have a scientific background which will surprise you.

Now just a point to prove the ignorance of the dermatology community.

Not many years ago the simple band-aid strip for wounds, cuts burns had a medication on the pad. Now these strips are just plain. Why did it take the dermatology community SO LONG to realise this was the best approach.

COMMON SENSE AND EXPERIENCE AGAINST INCOMPLETE SCIENCE

In the past (about 25 years ago) when someone burnt themselves the great chemist/doctor community suggested an ointment to be applied. Now if you accidently burn your hand the first thing suggested is to put it under water. Very few think that an ointment helps.

Think about that my scientific friend. :):D

The problem is you're making wild generalizations and claiming them as fact. As an example, ointments are still used depending on the severity of the burn but of course the first step should be and has been to reduce the heat in the tissues by using cold water - at least during my lifetime. The next step of course would be the use of topical ointments depending on the severity of the burn.

The real shame of your misleading posts is that the majority of people (aka general population) are too lazy to do their own research and rely on people like you and the others who present minute details in a way that puts whatever spin on a topic they want neglecting the overwhelming information to the contrary. The most important things I've learned through all my studies are be skeptical of everything, take no ones word for anything, and do your own research. Never stop asking questions but always keep an open mind.

Now to address the other topics... did they take the medicine off the bandages because the medication was bad? Of course not! Like everything else this move was money driven. Now instead of selling one product, you can sell two - the ointment and the bandage - simple economics. Also, this allows them to sell a wider range of products and expand the product market and target audience - simple marketing. Overall this equals more money plain and SIMPLE. There is no conspiracy here with suddenly medicated bandages being the wrong approach; if anything you should claim the conspiracy is just big business wanting more money. Incidentally, bandages manufactured with ointment already present are still sold to this day.

While there are some holistic methods that currently appear promising, scientists are constantly and scientifically (aka consistent, reproducible results) disproving the effects of holistics all the time through real world clinical trials. The most recent example that comes to mind is Echinacea - a natural supplement that has long been believed to increase immunity has been shown to have no effect whatsoever on boosting immunity.

Finally, if you would like to claim any scientific background, it would behoove you to 1) act and communicate like you're educated and 2) come clean and stop being so nebulous about this supposed "scientific background".

By the way, just because you "believe" something to be true doesn't make it so. Next time you want to want to post on an issue/solution that you "believe", try backing it up with hard facts, experimental results, and reputable sources.

MemberMember
(@green_vegetable_man)

Posted : 08/23/2006 9:53 pm

OK GUYS,

i FINALLY USED MANDELIC ACID. SEE THE MANDELIC ACID THREAD

MemberMember
(@09rules)

Posted : 08/23/2006 11:03 pm

OK GUYS,

Cool Melbourne! I'm gonna go read it now...

MemberMember
(@optimistic)

Posted : 08/25/2006 3:44 pm

I hope I didn't sound rude, but can blackheads actually come off the skin naturally without any treatment? I have tried that before and my skin only got worse.

Yes they eventually all dry and come out without scarring you. Can take anywhere from six months to two years.

Do not force them out.

You have to be patient.

I've had blackheads on my nose that I've had since sixth grade (I'm 23 now) My dad, grandmother, and great grandmother all had this problem too and when they were really old they went away but they have holes now where they were.

MemberMember
(@no-im-amy)

Posted : 08/25/2006 3:56 pm

OK GUYS,

You hypocrite.

MemberMember
(@green_vegetable_man)

Posted : 08/25/2006 5:50 pm

OK GUYS,

You hypocrite.

I admit my method did not work so I changed it.

But at least I was honest and told others.

MemberMember
(@no-im-amy)

Posted : 08/25/2006 5:58 pm

Oh ok. I was kind of like thinking, "WTF? Why did he change his regimen?"

MemberMember
(@stu2u)

Posted : 08/30/2006 6:29 am

I started reading this thread, I admit I didn't read it all, it is quite long, all I could think at the start is what complete and utter rubbish this Melbournebloke is coming out with, he clearly has a vivid imagination, the whole thread looks to be full of bull, a fairytale.

MemberMember
(@green_vegetable_man)

Posted : 08/30/2006 8:16 am

I started reading this thread, I admit I didn't read it all, it is quite long, all I could think at the start is what complete and utter rubbish this Melbournebloke is coming out with, he clearly has a vivid imagination, the whole thread looks to be full of bull, a fairytale.

I said i was trying something.

I did not say I had suceeded completely.

MemberMember
(@jason-2)

Posted : 01/30/2007 5:51 pm

on my face i have lots of black dots but when i squez them out some are stringy and some come out like little capsles are they both blackheads

MemberMember
(@cain)

Posted : 01/30/2007 8:03 pm

I have never had the big kind. Except I had one about a month ago. That was first and last time. I do not know why. guess i do not get them big just small.

MemberMember
(@kylenea)

Posted : 06/07/2013 9:57 pm

This was a really interesting read!

Some clever people and a e-sociopath with a very sharp imagination. Green, you're a good writer and spammer.