Notifications
Clear all

asian skin and FRAXEL

MemberMember
(@sgupta)

Posted : 04/29/2009 6:46 pm

So I just had an appointment with Dr. Rokhsar for my mild but hyperpigmented cheek scars. He was convinced that a series of fraxel restore treatments would improve both the color and the depth of the scars. He would treat them aggressively, despite my tan complexion. He also said I would become a bit darker for a few months following treatment, but that I shouldn't let that hinder me (I am already a pretty tan individual of indian descent). I am interesting in trying the procedure, but $1200/session just seems so expensive. Bellydance, did you notice a huge difference in your experience with Dr. Rokhsar versus the other derm? If so, was the extra cost justified? I am sure I can find a derm locally that would do it for $600-800/session. Would I need less treatments? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 04/30/2009 12:06 am

I am interesting in trying the procedure, but $1200/session just seems so expensive. Bellydance, did you notice a huge difference in your experience with Dr. Rokhsar versus the other derm? If so, was the extra cost justified? I am sure I can find a derm locally that would do it for $600-800/session. Would I need less treatments? Thanks!

Hey squpta. I am 100% happy that I went with Dr. Rokhsar versus other inexpensive dermatologists. In fact, I had my first 5 Fraxels done by the local derm that charged $800/session and I regretted that I didn't go see Dr. Rokhsar sooner.

My previous derm was a well-trained, overall good doctor but not experienced at all in treating acne scars with Fraxel. She was very afraid of discoloration issues and refused to go above 45MJ and Treatment Level 6 (check my signature), which is not nearly enough to treat acne scars at all. I even begged her to increase the energy level and told her that if I ever had any discoloration issues, nothing would be her faults and I would never sue her. Still, she refused. In addition, she was not aware of post Fraxel breakouts and did not prescribe me the appropriate medication PRIOR to Fraxels, which could have prevented me from having so much breakouts after each treatment. She said it was uncommon to experience breakouts after Fraxel, which is completely untrue. Overall, she just didn't know what to do with Fraxel and how to use it properly to treat acne scars. Each time, I could tell she was nervous performing the procedure w/ such high energy level (though it wasn't high enough for me).

So yes, the $400 price difference was completely worth it for me for the following reasons:

1. He did not hesitate to use the maximum energy level.

2. You could tell he has performed thousands of Fraxel by observing how he performs. He isn't nervous at all and he's very smooth in everything he does,

3. His numbing cream is excellent and makes Fraxel almost pain-free (don't ever let the receptionist put on cream, let the nurse does it no matter what- speaking from my experience),

4. He prescribed me the antibiotic PRIOR to his treatments so that I wouldn't breakout after his procedures (and I did not breakout AT ALL!),

5. Simply and most importantly, I've seen more improvements in 3 Fraxels with Dr. Rokhsar than I had seen in 5 Fraxels with my previous doctor. If I had gone with Dr. Rokhsar since the beginning, I don't think I would have needed 8 Fraxels in total.

If you really want to save money, obviously, you'll need to look for an experienced doctor who charges less. But I doubt there's any. Most experienced Fraxel doctors charge anywhere from $1000 to $1500, regardless of the location, IME.

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@member)

Posted : 04/30/2009 2:07 am

Hi bellydance_me,

I also live in NYC and am considering this procedure. Tbh, I just stumble onto this site and thread even though I knew this site existed. I had acne scars for a few years.

Also, I'm not sure if there is a specific skin tone/type in this thread when "asian" is referred but I'm Chinese; slightly tanned skin.

Didn't want to bore you, so I'll get it to the point. :) Can I get this Dr. Rokhsar's contact info please?

Also, this is a stupid question but I never had a surgical procedure before, is there any chance this is covered by insurance; I'm still a poor college kid.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 05/03/2009 2:00 am

Hi bellydance_me,

Can I get this Dr. Rokhsar's contact info please?

Also, this is a stupid question but I never had a surgical procedure before, is there any chance this is covered by insurance; I'm still a poor college kid.

Thanks

Hello.

Here is the URL of his website:

http://www.cosmeticlaserskinsurgery.com/clss-dr-rokhsar.htm

As for the insurance, I've heard that a health savings account can cover the Fraxels in some cases, but I am not sure.

MemberMember
(@uc-951)

Posted : 05/05/2009 9:11 pm

I am interesting in trying the procedure, but $1200/session just seems so expensive. Bellydance, did you notice a huge difference in your experience with Dr. Rokhsar versus the other derm? If so, was the extra cost justified? I am sure I can find a derm locally that would do it for $600-800/session. Would I need less treatments? Thanks!

Hey squpta. I am 100% happy that I went with Dr. Rokhsar versus other inexpensive dermatologists. In fact, I had my first 5 Fraxels done by the local derm that charged $800/session and I regretted that I didn't go see Dr. Rokhsar sooner.

My previous derm was a well-trained, overall good doctor but not experienced at all in treating acne scars with Fraxel. She was very afraid of discoloration issues and refused to go above 45MJ and Treatment Level 6 (check my signature), which is not nearly enough to treat acne scars at all. I even begged her to increase the energy level and told her that if I ever had any discoloration issues, nothing would be her faults and I would never sue her. Still, she refused. In addition, she was not aware of post Fraxel breakouts and did not prescribe me the appropriate medication PRIOR to Fraxels, which could have prevented me from having so much breakouts after each treatment. She said it was uncommon to experience breakouts after Fraxel, which is completely untrue. Overall, she just didn't know what to do with Fraxel and how to use it properly to treat acne scars. Each time, I could tell she was nervous performing the procedure w/ such high energy level (though it wasn't high enough for me).

So yes, the $400 price difference was completely worth it for me for the following reasons:

1. He did not hesitate to use the maximum energy level.

2. You could tell he has performed thousands of Fraxel by observing how he performs. He isn't nervous at all and he's very smooth in everything he does,

3. His numbing cream is excellent and makes Fraxel almost pain-free (don't ever let the receptionist put on cream, let the nurse does it no matter what- speaking from my experience),

4. He prescribed me the antibiotic PRIOR to his treatments so that I wouldn't breakout after his procedures (and I did not breakout AT ALL!),

5. Simply and most importantly, I've seen more improvements in 3 Fraxels with Dr. Rokhsar than I had seen in 5 Fraxels with my previous doctor. If I had gone with Dr. Rokhsar since the beginning, I don't think I would have needed 8 Fraxels in total.

If you really want to save money, obviously, you'll need to look for an experienced doctor who charges less. But I doubt there's any. Most experienced Fraxel doctors charge anywhere from $1000 to $1500, regardless of the location, IME.

Good luck!!

Bellydance,

Hello. I was curious, how confident are you in insisting the highest energy use on the Fraxel re:store (SR1500) while staying safe?

I ask because I am Korean, and thus my skin is already sensitive. I know I should consult with my dermatologist which I will, but how do you feel with the energy levels? purely, more the better? I understand scarring (opposed to the use for wrinkles) requires much more energy but I spoke with one R.N. at this dermatologist office and she said she would start off on my skin at 30mj to 35mj. The max is 70mj. Anyhow I have had the old Fraxel SR750 and it obviously didn't pan out for whatever reason. I broke out in the later years slowly I think, like you know a pimple here and there (I suppose still in acne stage, my fault). Nevertheless I intend on doing the newer Fraxel re:store SR1500. In this case is a lower energy more safer than sorry for first trial? Above you said how the new doctor you went to didn't hessitate on the max energy. Im wondering why they hell the machine even has different energy levels in the first place. Also what percentage (roughly obviously, but do conservative estimates) did you see improvement?

Like what is the worst case scenario of using the highest energy on Fraxel Re:store? I didn't hyperpigment on the five or six treatments myself, but it was old laser and I don't know how much energy. Anyhow thanks.

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 05/05/2009 11:10 pm

Bellydance,

Hello. I was curious, how confident are you in insisting the highest energy use on the Fraxel re:store (SR1500) while staying safe?

Hello. Glad you asked the above. I requested to use the higher than 45MJ energy level to my previous doctor after my 3rd Fraxel, and I was very confident that my skin could take the higher energy well. At that point, I'd already had 3 Fraxels at 35MJ, 45MJ and 45MJ, respectively, and I experienced no discoloration issues. I didn't ask her to use the max energy (70MJ) but did definitely asked her to go up (i.e. 55MJ or 60MJ). And like I said, she refused.

how do you feel with the energy levels? purely, more the better?

With regards to acne scar improvements, yes, I believe the higher the better. The higher the MJ, the deeper the laser reaches into the skin. The higher the treatment level, the broader the area the laser covers. So yes.

she said she would start off on my skin at 30mj to 35mj.

Yes, I can understand that. She wants to see how your skin would react to Fraxel Restore since you've never had one, and it's understandable. However, if she wants to continue to treat you with 30 to 35MJ after you have one/two testing sessions, I honestly don't think you'll be satisfied with results after, say 5 Fraxels, assuming that you have moderate/severe acne scars.

Above you said how the new doctor you went to didn't hessitate on the max energy. Im wondering why they hell the machine even has different energy levels in the first place. Also what percentage (roughly obviously, but do conservative estimates) did you see improvement?

The reason why Fraxel has different energy levels is that Fraxel wasn't created to treat one and only condition. It's made to treat various conditions, such as wrinkles, enlarged pores, melasma, acne scars and even surgery scars, etc, and different energy level is used for each condition.

20days after my 8th Fraxel, I say 60-65%. After 5 Fraxels with lower settings, I said 30-35%. I was pretty happy with 30-35% improvement then. But 3 Fraxels I had with Dr. Rokhsar have really really done wonders for my skin, and I cannot help but being impressed with what Fraxel Restore can do to your scars when used correctly. I've never ever thought that I could have this skin that I have right now. I cannot thank enough to those that developed Fraxel Restore.

Like what is the worst case scenario of using the highest energy on Fraxel Re:store?

The worst case scenario would be (I'm not a professional so this is only my guess):

-Permanent discoloration

-Continuous breakouts from Fraxel Restore and potentially get new scars due to these breakouts (but stay on antibiotics and this most likely won't happen)

-Bad blisters

-Forget to put on sunscreen after Fraxels, go out in sun barefaced, and get melasma/discoloration.

-Empty bank account

That's all I can think of right now.

MemberMember
(@uc-951)

Posted : 05/06/2009 1:42 am

Lol at the bank account, that's for sure.

My dermatologist gave me good rates for my set of like five or six treatments that I did a couple years back but again with the old Fraxel. I'm going to arrange a new treatment with the SR1500 (I keep restating that one, because I didn't even know it existed until like a couple days ago) probably at like 35mj (is it rude you think to straight tell him how to use the laser?lol like I never told him what energy or how many passes but I suppose it is fair game, it's your skin.) from there I shall determine further decisions. Right now I'm on doxcycline 100 mg's. I've been on one pill a day for about a year probably just to i guess keep in check major breakouts which I suppose worked. I only get a few mini cysts or pimples rather, every now and then. Think that sort of antibiotic is sufficient? like do they give you accutane or what?

My scarring is i'd say mild-moderate to be conservative with a small area that is dented in. I've heard otherwise, but obviously I feel differently when people look at you funny, lol you know? Anyhow I honestly don't think it's tooo bad, just one side of my face pretty much is what needs work. Well Thank you for the information on the whole energy thing. Now I just need to see if he still willing to give me a treatment at a good price.

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 05/06/2009 6:19 pm

is it rude you think to straight tell him how to use the laser?lol like I never told him what energy or how many passes but I suppose it is fair game, it's your skin.

Think that sort of antibiotic is sufficient? like do they give you accutane or what?

After having one conservative doctor and another that is not, I feel that you should avoid going to doctors who wouldn't use higher settings, unless you have dark skin. For acne scars, the dented skin, to get better, you really do need aggressive treatments. Any doctors who think otherwise are inexperienced, not knowledgeable at all, scared of lawsuit or simply trying to make money in a not honest way. That's how I honestly feel.

But to answer your question, I think it's all in how you say it. If you act like you know more than your doctor and tell him/her what to do then yes, I think it's rude. But express to your doctor that your scars make you insecure and you'd really like to improve the scars to have a better quality of life. Tell your doctor that you've done a lot of research on Fraxel and even spoke to a few that have done it for acne scars, and they seem to agree that the higher settings are necessary for acne scars. And after this, if your doctor still insists on using below 50MJ, then please walk away and find another doctor. I don't know you but still don't want to see you lose a lot of money.

I'm on Doxy as well. I could be mistaken, but you aren't supposed to be on accutane when getting Fraxels.

All the best to you.

MemberMember
(@uc-951)

Posted : 05/06/2009 10:33 pm

Very informative answer.

I figured with common sense it probably wouldn't be rude per se if asked properly and questioned, I was unsure I guess how many people out there when purchasing this service get their settings personalized, in other words using the doctor to merely use the laser. Because on here I noticed a lot of people have there Fraxel descriptions down to every millijoule and pass. When I had mine (maybe this is a sign of a bad doctor? idk) with the old laser I didn't count passes at all or even ask about energy or levels. That's all my fault I understand, I suppose I was a little naive of how you obviously could let the doctor know what energy you'd prefer, makes sense at least.

Well I scheduled an appointment with my Dermatologist next Friday May 15 around lunchtime. It's bullshit though Lol, I always see him and again I've had his old Fraxel done by him so the newer laser shouldn't be different other than better but I still have to pay fifty dollars for the "consultation" just basically to get a price quote. If I plan on purchasing the service that money goes towards the procedure. I did get to weasel a rough quote which the receptionist said usually he does a pack of four full face for 2500. That's pretty big but I guess it's fairly cheap at like 625 dollars per treatment? Anyhow I probably see if I can arrange to do just cheeks for maybe one or two treatments to then see if I want full face. I really only need it on cheeks and forhead, in between eyes. hopefully it all works out as I do want this, but I don't have money to spend on this kind of crap ha.

Anyhow thanks. Ill let you know what happens.

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 05/06/2009 11:16 pm

I was unsure I guess how many people out there when purchasing this service get their settings personalized, in other words using the doctor to merely use the laser. Because on here I noticed a lot of people have there Fraxel descriptions down to every millijoule and pass. When I had mine (maybe this is a sign of a bad doctor? idk) with the old laser I didn't count passes at all or even ask about energy or levels. That's all my fault I understand, I suppose I was a little naive of how you obviously could let the doctor know what energy you'd prefer, makes sense at least.

Hey, I know exactly what you're saying. I feel weird about requesting the energy settings and pass #s when they're the doctors and I'm the patient who (I feel) should be listening to the doctors.

But then my husband (who is a surgeon) told me that as a patient who pays hundreds and thousands of dollars, we're 100% entitled to ask for what we want and it's the job of doctors to make the patients satisfied and happy. Any good doctors should be listening to patients attentively and would listen to and consider what we have to say. Good doctors wouldn't dismiss our requests without giving good reasoning.

So, don't be shy. If your doctor is a good one, he'll be listening to you!

BTW, you can just look at the screen of Fraxel machine and it says everything you need - the energy level (MJ), treatment level, and pass #s. Take a look at the screen once the procedure is done!

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 05/06/2009 11:26 pm

Well I scheduled an appointment with my Dermatologist next Friday May 15 around lunchtime.

Hey, you won't be going back to your office after you get your Fraxel done, will you? Because even with 45MJ, my face looked soooooooo red and pretty swollen right after the procedure. Can't even begin taking about how I looked with 70MJ. I didn't look human for at least 4 days. My hubby called me sharpei, the dog, during the 4 days because my eyes didn't open and my face line completely changed due to swelling. There is NO way you can go back to work the same day, even with 35MJ.

Just wanted to let you know in case!

MemberMember
(@uc-951)

Posted : 05/07/2009 2:14 am

Oh okay, thanks for the heads up. Actually I'm a student so if and when I get the procedure it might be on a Wednesday (I think he does his procedures then) . I have summer school mid summer, so I'll shoot for an appointment when I finish this quarter. Still have to get everything squared away financially and such, but yeah I intend to do it on time off. If that's not the case hmm idk. When I got my old Fraxel done which was weaker so I never looked as you stated above, distorted face, I always had the treatments done on a Wednesday (I think he does his procedures then) and then I went back to school Thursday morning. I had all this blue, red scabby crap on my face. People would always ask me what the hell was on my face but I just told them I had something done at the dermatologist's office (avoiding the numerous questions and remarks: what is it? why did you get it? oh you don't even need it!).

I will definitely take into account though if it's anything worse which I'm wondering is in correlation to how well it works. Like the more thrashed you look, the more bomb it's working. Anyhow Ill most likely get it done sometime mid to late June, maybe early July this coming summer.

if you don't mind, where did you husband go for undergrad and for his medical degree? I'm at UC Riverside. I'm thinking of trying the medical route. I'm going to a conference this Saturday in hopes to get more insight about what it's all about and what it takes. A surgeon and other people will be there. Plus breakfast and a luncheon.

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 05/07/2009 10:53 pm

I will definitely take into account though if it's anything worse which I'm wondering is in correlation to how well it works. Like the more thrashed you look, the more bomb it's working.

Yep, there is a strong correlation, simply because the deeper and broader the laser covers, the more swelling it will be. With 70MJ, I looked CRAP! No joke. With 45MJ & Treatment Level 6, I could start wearing makeup on my 3rd or 4th day with minimum redness, but with 70MJ & Treatment Level 11, there was NO way I could even wear makeup, wash face, touch face, or go outside for 5-6 days. My eyes looked like a boxer after the match. I always needed to take a week off from work with 70MJ & TL11.

if you don't mind, where did you husband go for undergrad and for his medical degree? I'm at UC Riverside. I'm thinking of trying the medical route. I'm going to a conference this Saturday in hopes to get more insight about what it's all about and what it takes. A surgeon and other people will be there. Plus breakfast and a luncheon.

He went to both his undergrad and medical school in NYC. UC Riverside is a great school. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@sign)

Posted : 05/08/2009 5:49 am

He went to both his undergrad and medical school in NYC. UC Riverside is a great school. Good luck!!

I'm guessing he went to Stonybrook for Pre-Med and SUNY Upstate for Medical. We Asians sure know our colleges! (falls into stereotype )

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 05/08/2009 6:21 am

I'm guessing he went to Stonybrook for Pre-Med and SUNY Upstate for Medical. We Asians sure know our colleges! (falls into stereotype )

Haha, you're funny. He got in but didn't go there.

MemberMember
(@shortypinky)

Posted : 05/08/2009 6:33 am

fraxel is ok on asian skin if used by an asian doctor who treats asian skin. some asian people make the mistake of going to a clinic in the middle of nowhere with no ethnic minorities so the docs are experienced in treating fair skin and use the same techniques on asian skin and then they complain!

MemberMember
(@uc-951)

Posted : 05/08/2009 2:57 pm

My dermatologist is actually Vietnamese. Idk though I remember he didn't really want me on accutane which I didn't have extreme acne but I think ethnic skin has more of a reason to be on accutane. Anyhow, he's pretty chill not the very friendliest person or most informative. meh..

MemberMember
(@uc-951)

Posted : 05/24/2009 5:01 pm

Hello,

I was wondering, if you could send me pictures of your fraxel experience via email (i can send you my adress) because on the forums all I see is as follows, [attachement:fraxel_123] kind of thing.

Anyhow if you can, great. If it's too much of hassle (i think maybe I don't have javascript or something to enable pictures but I know photobucket works) no big deal.

So my derm has the old fraxel machine where you wear blue dye, the SR750 and a DeepFX machine which is similar to the Fraxel Re:store in the fractionated carbon dioxide technology. Obviously I'm skeptical of using this machine for many reasons, mainly the fear of damaging my skin somehow (I just am afraid of aggressiveness on my sensitive skin) and also hyperpigmentation or lines of demarcation. I have had the old blue sr:750 fraxel restore in past, and I think I liked it, but i sure didn't see any negative aspects with it like pigmentation or anything thereby making it safe to say that the new re:store would be 'okay'. I might do a sample spot treatment for fifty dollars with my derm's deepfx probably a spot on my cheek. sounds kind of silly however I figure if its all cracked up to what it is it will be fine, if not it's better that I had a sample than full cheeks done. I'm guessing anyways.

Basically, im contemplating going the deepfx route, or saving my money and doing the route i would be more comfortable doing from what i've researched, the Fraxel re:store SR1500. my Derm said he would do my forehead and cheeks for 500.00 dollars with Deepfx and It seems rates are around 800.00 to 850.00 oer treatment of the re:store. I think if I did re:store I would do a high energy and if I did deepfx after sample treatment the minimum energy.

MemberMember
(@mrobi)

Posted : 05/25/2009 12:54 pm

Hmmmm i'll be having my first Fraxel appt on June 11th and the RN already told me she will start pretty low (maybe even under 45mj), but she will do 8 passes minimum for general area and up to 12 passes for deeper scars.

Now my bigger concern is with driving after receiving higher setting...I assume that they can use different settings in one session? If my face swelled up and get all puffy...not sure I can manage a 2 1/2 hour drive from my derm back to my house.

Yes...I can't find somebody in my area that I feel comfortable enough with AND who can give me a decent pricing on Fraxel.

MemberMember
(@uc-951)

Posted : 05/29/2009 8:27 pm

Hello,

I was wondering, if you could send me pictures of your fraxel experience via email (i can send you my adress) because on the forums all I see is as follows, [attachement:fraxel_123] kind of thing.

Anyhow if you can, great. If it's too much of hassle (i think maybe I don't have javascript or something to enable pictures but I know photobucket works) no big deal.

So my derm has the old fraxel machine where you wear blue dye, the SR750 and a DeepFX machine which is similar to the Fraxel Re:store in the fractionated carbon dioxide technology. Obviously I'm skeptical of using this machine for many reasons, mainly the fear of damaging my skin somehow (I just am afraid of aggressiveness on my sensitive skin) and also hyperpigmentation or lines of demarcation. I have had the old blue sr:750 fraxel restore in past, and I think I liked it, but i sure didn't see any negative aspects with it like pigmentation or anything thereby making it safe to say that the new re:store would be 'okay'. I might do a sample spot treatment for fifty dollars with my derm's deepfx probably a spot on my cheek. sounds kind of silly however I figure if its all cracked up to what it is it will be fine, if not it's better that I had a sample than full cheeks done. I'm guessing anyways.

Basically, im contemplating going the deepfx route, or saving my money and doing the route i would be more comfortable doing from what i've researched, the Fraxel re:store SR1500. my Derm said he would do my forehead and cheeks for 500.00 dollars with Deepfx and It seems rates are around 800.00 to 850.00 oer treatment of the re:store. I think if I did re:store I would do a high energy and if I did deepfx after sample treatment the minimum energy.

Damn, 2 1/2 drive. definitely arrange something just in case. I don't know how it works though, I hear that 70mj causes major swelling. You'll probably be able to drive but you obviously might just want to hang tight for that car ride instead.

MemberMember
(@raiderdood)

Posted : 05/29/2009 8:56 pm

UC 951, I'm glad I read your posts. I have a lot in common with you. I am a Fitzpatrick IV and Korean. I have sensitive skin and I also don't consider my scarring that bad.. However in harsh lighting I feel like absolute shit. It's only on my right cheek too. The type of scarring that goes away when you pull at your skin. Anyways, I'm very curious as to how your treatments go. I saw that you mentioned in one of your posts about going to a dermatologist in Fullerton. Could you be speaking about Premiere Dermatology? Please let me know how your treatments are going and keep me updated! I'm currently on a course of Accutane (I kick myself in the ass for not doing this sooner), and it's upsetting that I cannot get any scar treatments for a long long time. 3 months left on my course and 6 months after that. However, I am hoping to get some insight from your treatments, seeing as how we have many similarities in skin type. Oh and I saw that you mentioned you got a filler injected at one point and it wore off correct? While you had the filler did it do its purpose? I ask this because I'm hoping to get some fillers put in after I finish my course, to give me some temporary satisfaction while I wait for my skin to heal from Accutane. Hope to hear from you man, and good luck!

MemberMember
(@swtjessy23)

Posted : 06/04/2009 11:11 pm

Hi Bellydance_me,

I was hoping you could offer me some advice based on your experience with fraxel and Dr. Rokhsar.

I recently found this thread on acne.org and was reading through all of your posts. I am half Indian and half German and have an olive/golden skin tone.

I have had my share of pimples, but never developed scars until I had some cystic pimples on my cheeks about a year ago. I have what I believe are rolling scars - any improvement would be amazing for me.

I don't want to have fraxel unless I go to an experienced doctor who can adequately assess my skin and give me the best results with least side affects.

Can you tell me a little bit about your experience with Dr. Rokhsar?? I would appreciate it sooo much!

I saw that the treatments were 1200 each?? I live on the West coast and would be willing to travel to have this done. How long do you think I would need to stay there before flying home?

Any advice you can offer would be great! Sorry for such a long message!

Thanks,

Swtjessy23

MemberMember
(@mrobi)

Posted : 06/05/2009 12:30 am

Hi Bellydance_me,

I was hoping you could offer me some advice based on your experience with fraxel and Dr. Rokhsar.

I recently found this thread on acne.org and was reading through all of your posts. I am half Indian and half German and have an olive/golden skin tone.

I have had my share of pimples, but never developed scars until I had some cystic pimples on my cheeks about a year ago. I have what I believe are rolling scars - any improvement would be amazing for me.

I don't want to have fraxel unless I go to an experienced doctor who can adequately assess my skin and give me the best results with least side affects.

Can you tell me a little bit about your experience with Dr. Rokhsar?? I would appreciate it sooo much!

I saw that the treatments were 1200 each?? I live on the West coast and would be willing to travel to have this done. How long do you think I would need to stay there before flying home?

Any advice you can offer would be great! Sorry for such a long message!

Thanks,

Swtjessy23

I'm not an expert like Belly_Dance, but one thing that's great that you say ANY improvement would be amazing..so at least you have lower expectation on the result which is good for any kind of treatment.

If you only have scars mostly in the mid area....I don't think you need to do the full face for $1200.....many places would do the mid face area (no forehead/jaw) for maybe $500-700. I got a deal for mine (mid face) $550/session and get a bit more discount for four treatments. I'll have mine done in a week (June 11th)

Depending on where you are in the west coast. I'm gonna be driving around 2 1/2 hours to see mine (near Seattle).

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 06/10/2009 8:48 am

Hi swtjessy23, my apologies for the late reply. I've been out of country for a while.

I personally wouldn't fly to go see Dr. Rokhsar if I were living on the west coast. Remember, you'll need at least 5 Fraxels, spaced between each month. That means, you'll have to fly every month and stay in NY at least for 5 days to look half decent. That'll cost you more than $2000 for each trip!!

I believe there are some experienced doctors in the west coast. Look for ones that are used to treating patients with acne scars...then they'll be willing to use the higher energy settings. I really don't think it's worth flying and going through all of that.

MemberMember
(@bellydance_me)

Posted : 06/10/2009 8:51 am

Sure, I will take a few pics and email them to you. Do you mind posting your address here? I have disabled PM.