Notifications
Clear all

Silicone bumps

MemberMember
(@needhelpfromyouguys3)

Posted : 03/11/2006 12:43 pm

Hi ChristineLE24. Are you sure that fraxel can get any silicone out? I asked a doctor about this a while back when I was pretty scared at having gotten silicone microdroplets and he said he wasnt sure but that it might break down the silicone into small enough pieces that would be removed from the body. I also read on google that a CO2 laser with silicone is not possible because it burns the area where the silicone is. Anyways, if anyone has any information on this I would be forever grateful. Thanks

MemberMember
(@lestat02882)

Posted : 03/12/2006 8:32 am

In November of 2004, I received LIS injections for my acne scarrin. I acheived moderate results.

However on one injection site on my outer cheek (about 2 maybe 3 mm in diameter) there has been a little overcorrection, as there is still a bit of discoloration and there is swelling that still comes and goes. Some days the swelling is bigger and bothersome, and others it's hardly visible at all. But the slight darkness is usually present.

When the Dr. did my LIS injections, he had me smile wide, because he said it helped him see the scars better. But on this particular overcorrected site, I don't even remember a scar being there. And he injected it mulitple times, like 3 or 4. For the first couple of months it was really swollen.

Now the overcorrection is hardly noticable and looks like the start of a really small mole. But it upsets me because the site never should have been injected at all.

I've researched trying to get this fixed to. On Dr. Orentreich's website, he lists a treatment for this. I'm not sure if it will work. I'm going to email or all him about it. He's in New York City. http://www.orentreich.com/silicone_injections.htm

Look on the page for "Possible Side Effects" "OverCorrection" and "Treatment." It says "Triamcinolone acetonide injections and/or electrodessication." I'm not sure how those work, but I'm going to find out.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@needhelpfromyouguys3)

Posted : 03/12/2006 12:58 pm

Hi lesta,

how many times did you receive injections and do you know the total amount injected? I visited dr. orentreich as i live in the nyc area. he usually prescribes oral antibiotics. he didnt mention anything about electrodessication, i dont even know what that is. i think in your case the silicone migrated to a different site. the cortisone injection might take away the "mole" you are describing but i dont think it will get rid of the silicone that is there and thus your problem might reoccur. In my case I visited a doctor once, with a total of .1cc silicone and i still have problems. the problem is, the amount is so minute that i doubt the doctors would ever be able to find it. nevertheless, i'm still getting weird inflammation that i am positive is from the injections. if there is a laser that might get rid of it, that would be great and prevent future inflammations in different areas. the chances of future problems is quite high if the silicone is moving around your face. good luck and please keep us posted.

quote name='lestat02882' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:32 AM' post='1023553']

In November of 2004, I received LIS injections for my acne scarrin. I acheived moderate results.

However on one injection site on my outer cheek (about 2 maybe 3 mm in diameter) there has been a little overcorrection, as there is still a bit of discoloration and there is swelling that still comes and goes. Some days the swelling is bigger and bothersome, and others it's hardly visible at all. But the slight darkness is usually present.

When the Dr. did my LIS injections, he had me smile wide, because he said it helped him see the scars better. But on this particular overcorrected site, I don't even remember a scar being there. And he injected it mulitple times, like 3 or 4. For the first couple of months it was really swollen.

Now the overcorrection is hardly noticable and looks like the start of a really small mole. But it upsets me because the site never should have been injected at all.

I've researched trying to get this fixed to. On Dr. Orentreich's website, he lists a treatment for this. I'm not sure if it will work. I'm going to email or all him about it. He's in New York City. http://www.orentreich.com/silicone_injections.htm

Look on the page for "Possible Side Effects" "OverCorrection" and "Treatment." It says "Triamcinolone acetonide injections and/or electrodessication." I'm not sure how those work, but I'm going to find out.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lestat02882)

Posted : 03/12/2006 1:21 pm

I only received one round of injections. I don't know the total amount of Silicone used, but it wasn't much. In my case the overcorrected site is not a matter of migration. It is exactly where the doctor injected me. Like I said he hit the same exact spot with 4 or so injections. Thinking back it could have been 5. I remember thinking at the time, "Why is this guy injecting me there? I've never noticed a scar there?" I'm thinking he saw a wrinkle of some kind while I was "smiling big" while he did the injections and mistook the spot for a scar. I was pissed for the next month or so, as the site was very swollen. Gradually it went down. But now 16 months later there is still a tiny bump.

As far as Dr. Orentreich, if I were you I would call him and ask him about ""Triamcinolone acetonide injections and/or electrodessication" as it is specifically listed on his site as a treatment for overcorrection with LIS.

I asked my Dr., Dr. Frank (who is also in NYC) about my bump. He said he could perhaps inject cortisone into it, but he wouldn't even bother because of the insignificant size of it. I was at Dr. Frank's office on Friday to get my first round of Portrait PSR3 plasma treatments for my rolling acne scars. Dr. Frank said that it may help reduce my bump as well. Because of the resulting redness and slight swelling of my whole face, I can't tell if the bump has been affected. I'll let you know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@bumbum)

Posted : 06/24/2008 3:46 pm

Which doctor did you go to in NYC because i live there and would like this prodedure?

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/24/2008 3:55 pm

This is a two year old post and most of these posters have not visited in a while; I don't think you're going to get an answer.

MemberMember
(@adventuregirl1)

Posted : 07/15/2013 11:42 am

I also had 1 round of microdroplet injections for acne scaring on my cheeks and my chin. I did not get a bad reaction on my cheeks thankfully however 6 weeks later on the left hand side of my chin I developed 6-8 small white bumps that look like tiny cystic acne when I talk or pull my skin tight. I can feel these bumps and they feel hard. I recently switched to a different doctor and got him to feel the bumps to confirm what they might be. He told me he thinks that it is silicone and told me that you should never use silicone in your body for anything and that I should consider myself lucky I didn't get a worse recation. He thinks cutting out the silicone would scar me worse and that I should leave it alone. I am still not sure if there is anything I can do about this however before I got silicone I was very nervous and scared and I even knew better and against my best judgement I did it anyway...BIG mistake. I also would not recommend silicone to anyone. Did anyone ever have any luck getting silicone removed to breaking down the bumps?

Amazing what we will do to fix our scars hey...maybe we should all learn to just be happy with the way we look now and stop before we cause more damage.