Notifications
Clear all

Doctors in Bay Area, California

MemberMember
(@kris754)

Posted : 01/10/2006 8:11 pm

Hi,

Could anyone please recommend a good scar doctor in the Bay Area, California? Or any doctor to stay away from.

I'm currently looking into the following doctors/places:

Dr. Berman (Palo Alto)

Center For Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery (Milpitas)

Dr. Melnick (San Jose)

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD (San Jose)

Michael F. Killion, M.D. (San Jose)

Any comments on any of the above?

Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@bfg4)

Posted : 01/11/2006 10:31 pm

Hi,

Could anyone please recommend a good scar doctor in the Bay Area, California? Or any doctor to stay away from.

Dr. Berman (Palo Alto)

Dr. Melnick (San Jose)

Thanks!!

PLEASE, PLEASE stay away from Berman. Find my posts and you'll see why. PM me with questions if you'd like. Also search for Berman Skin Institute in the posts too.

MemberMember
(@coolbreeze22)

Posted : 01/21/2006 6:47 pm

Hi,

Dr. Berman (Palo Alto)

Dr. Melnick (San Jose)

Thanks!!

PLEASE, PLEASE stay away from Berman. Find my posts and you'll see why. PM me with questions if you'd like. Also search for Berman Skin Institute in the posts too.

am curious to know. I just talked with him regarding Fraxel. And now, am not doing it with him.

Did you have a bad experience ?

Hi,

Dr. Berman (Palo Alto)

Dr. Melnick (San Jose)

Thanks!!

I did dermal grafts with Dr. Dhawan of 'Center For Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery' and am quite happy with the results.

You can also check Dr. Pearl ( Mountain View ) ( www.pearlmd.com ) I did dermabrasion patch with him but

decided not to do full face 'cause of loong down time and I came to know about Fraxel.

I am doing Fraxel with Dr. Bar at Drs. Menkes/Morganroth ( www.menkesmorganroth.com ) in Mountain View. Dr. Morgaroth also does scar revision but I don't have a first hand experience with him.

MemberMember
(@alligaderhotmail-com)

Posted : 05/08/2021 2:23 pm

Ive done severalmicroneedling with PRP treatments with Dr. Icecreamwala in Berkeley and she was very good. Expensive (approx $2K for 3 sessions). But she and her staff are super nice and veryprofessional. Shes very experienced in this technique.The results were moderate butnot super dramatic but thats probablybecause I have pretty noticeable/visible scarring over large areas of my cheeks. I probably had the best results on the rolling scars I have. But there were absolutely no negative side effects and scarcely any down time right after treatments.

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 05/10/2021 6:10 pm

Morganroth'sbedside manner was quite terrible in my experience. Very overpriced as well.

Tagging along OP's question -Any recommended doctors in South Bay experienced withfillers for acne scars?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 05/10/2021 6:36 pm

24 minutes ago, walkietalkie said:

Morganroth'sbedside manner was quite terrible in my experience. Very overpriced as well.

Tagging along OP's question -Any recommended doctors in South Bay experienced withfillers for acne scars?

Morganroth doesn't have the best personality. He has that arrogant doctor demeanor. But is bedside manner more important than the treatment? I didn't get treatment from him so I can't help you there.

It's also important to know what type of scars or methods of treating them you are seeking. Maybe some doctors are better than others at certain treatments. I'm pretty certain most doctors aren't terribly skilled at lasers but can dip and dab TCA Cross.