Notifications
Clear all

What should I do next? Nothing works.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 02/17/2022 1:02 pm

On 1/30/2022 at 1:34 AM, getsmart121 said:

True she still has someborderbut somescar bordrs are soft hence fillers. So all in all she would see good amount of improvement. At any given point of time there will always be few scars left that still would need to be treated. For treating scar borders high power co2 on edges.

@dirigothis is what angling of co2 laser look like

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B0jPnCVA5Lx/?utm_medium=copy_link

I went to a local medpsa and they didn't know what angled CO2 was. The machine they demonstrated could do fractional or regular which was shooting one dot at a time. The machine the iran doc used looked like it was shooting a steady constant laser.

Also, who in the US can do carboxtherapy?

I think I'm going to do another sub with rullan.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 02/17/2022 11:59 pm

10 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

I went to a local medpsa and they didn't know what angled CO2 was. The machine they demonstrated could do fractional or regular which was shooting one dot at a time. The machine the iran doc used looked like it was shooting a steady constant laser.

Also, who in the US can do carboxtherapy?

I think I'm going to do another sub with rullan.

Its so weird that countriesin 3rd world are doing more logical approach to acne scars thanin the west. This should be pretty common here as in lasers are developed here.dr Taylor has two lasers on isfotona laser which is erbium. He also has a co2 laser not sure if it has full ablation mode. You can ask if they do angling of scars with a co2 laser instead of erbium.

yo already did sub ask dr rullan if there is any tethering if not then focus more surface level treatments. My understanding is if there is no tethering, now any heavy procedure on top surface yield more results as there is not tether it will heal more flatter if the healing is right. You can go for full abaltive erbium laser across the cheek and see if you like results. Maybe one or two sessions.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 02/18/2022 8:52 am

8 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Its so weird that countriesin 3rd world are doing more logical approach to acne scars thanin the west. This should be pretty common here as in lasers are developed here.dr Taylor has two lasers on isfotona laser which is erbium. He also has a co2 laser not sure if it has full ablation mode. You can ask if they do angling of scars with a co2 laser instead of erbium.

yo already did sub ask dr rullan if there is any tethering if not then focus more surface level treatments. My understanding is if there is no tethering, now any heavy procedure on top surface yield more results as there is not tether it will heal more flatter if the healing is right. You can go for full abaltive erbium laser across the cheek and see if you like results. Maybe one or two sessions.

What about co2 fractional?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 02/18/2022 4:44 pm

7 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

What about co2 fractional?

You can try and see if you see any results. Its always trial and error and seeing what treatments you are responding towards.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/19/2022 11:08 pm

The key to achieving any success is to get rid of the prominent scar borders as much as possible. Just blurring those edges alone will give you a big improvement. For this, I personally favor TCA over laser, but it's your call. 

image.png.28af98bd2c2acfb74c1cbad2cd9e706c.png

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 02/20/2022 12:27 pm

13 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

The key to achieving any success is to get rid of the prominent scar borders as much as possible. Just blurring those edges alone will give you a big improvement. For this, I personally favor TCA over laser, but it's your call. 

Which doc should I go to, to blur the edges? 

What do you think of the Taylor libertator? 

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 02/20/2022 1:28 pm

I don't know if this is relevant but I had the fractional pixel laser 2 years ago, and 3 months later the scars looked better but then went back to normal.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/20/2022 6:08 pm

5 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

Which doc should I go to, to blur the edges?

What do you think of the Taylor libertator?

Unfortunately, I can't give you the names of any doctor. All I can say is find one that has a good track record when it comes to TCA or laser.

Subcision, including Taylor liberator, is only good for breaking the scar bands (akatethering). It has no effect on minimizing scar edges. The problem with your scars is more to do with scar edges than tethering.

4 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

I don't know if this is relevant but I had the fractional pixel laser 2 years ago, and 3 months later the scars looked better but then went back to normal.

You'll want to go with "ablative" laser. Ask a lot of questions, including whether the doctor uses the "default" lasersettings or uses customized parameters based on different scar types. This will explain whether he or she is knowledgeable about laser.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 02/20/2022 8:40 pm

21 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Exactly, scars can't be eliminated but between eliminating the borders and raising whatever would heal/raise back well, it looks invisible in many cases unless you fiddle with the skin like stretch. 

As he says, you have some fat loss for sure but you can't untether and raise something with sharp edges. Untethering and filler is for things like distinct depressions without edges, just folds or whatever.

The only thing I can say is I had great success blending all edges entirely with Dermabrasion but apparently it's hardly ever done anymore. Others say laser and I'm unsure it seems like it's either a gamble or highly dependent on the person/laser.

You definitely need something ablative, something that resurfaces and can blend and remove sharp edges on scars. Although there are in between stuff (apparently) where people tout and show some progress but you're best bet is probably aggressive resurface. Then if you have any fat loss depressions you could try untethering and filler.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 02/21/2022 1:26 am

There is a doctor who wrote about anterior chemobrasion but he is in Spain. If money is not an issue how about you going there

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6388783/

he has a 12 min video but seems like u have to pay 400 dollars to access the content which is anterior chemobrasion

https://www.imcas.com/en/profile/dr-philippe-deprez

Doctor clinic

http://www.clinicahera.es/contact.html

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 02/21/2022 7:43 pm

On 2/20/2022 at 6:08 PM, Sirius Lee said:

Unfortunately, I can't give you the names of any doctor. All I can say is find one that has a good track record when it comes to TCA or laser.

Subcision, including Taylor liberator, is only good for breaking the scar bands (akatethering). It has no effect on minimizing scar edges. The problem with your scars is more to do with scar edges than tethering.

You'll want to go with "ablative" laser. Ask a lot of questions, including whether the doctor uses the "default" lasersettings or uses customized parameters based on different scar types. This will explain whether he or she is knowledgeable about laser.

Is ablative the opposite of fractional?

23 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

Exactly, scars can't be eliminated but between eliminating the borders and raising whatever would heal/raise back well, it looks invisible in many cases unless you fiddle with the skin like stretch.

As he says, you have some fat loss for sure but you can't untether and raise something with sharp edges. Untethering and filler is for things like distinct depressions without edges, just folds or whatever.

The only thing I can say is I had great success blending all edges entirely with Dermabrasion but apparently it's hardly ever done anymore. Others say laser and I'm unsure it seems like it's either a gamble or highly dependent on the person/laser.

You definitely need something ablative, something that resurfaces and can blend and remove sharp edges on scars. Although there are in between stuff (apparently) where people tout and show some progress but you're best bet is probably aggressive resurface. Then if you have any fat loss depressions you could try untethering and filler.

I found a person that does dermabrasion. DO you think my scars are ready for dermabrasion yet? Did your doc put you under?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/21/2022 8:06 pm

23 minutes ago, dirigo39 said:

Is ablative the opposite of fractional? 

image.png.722b00a7e3938fc1e48dafdec96af34c.png

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 02/21/2022 8:47 pm

1 hour ago, dirigo39 said:

I found a person that does dermabrasion. DO you think my scars are ready for dermabrasion yet? Did your doc put you under?

I tell everyone to research it. It depends on the person's scars, age, healing, and so on is my guess. I can only say it gave me a one shot improvement of around 80%+ afterwards but it was 18 years ago I was very good at healing, young and so on.

Did he put me under? I was under for a few hours and the dermabrasion was likely the most aggressive possible. I can only tell you based on memory I was red for roughly 2 months and pink for another 10 months after that. I bled for a day, maybe two, where the bandages stayed on and they fall off naturally when scabs form, I did not take them off under any circumstances as they were my skin basically, and after a week or two my entire cheeks were hard crusts/scabs that fall off naturally.Years later I discovered most dermabrasions are much lighter and recover much quicker so this leads me to believe the doctor was super aggressive either/and because I was young or my scars were very bad and worth risking it basically.

The doctor wasn't all perfect though, two spots he created "new" but level scars because he encountered gaps in tissue inadvertently. One scar is nearly level the other can be hidden. But my cheeks were like 85% improved where it bothered me the most (ice picks). I tend to think Dermabrasion responds best to icepicks and boxcars, but idk. Because it doesn't solve texture or tissue loss at all really. It just healed a lot of nicks to level and erased the edges is the best way to describe it.

I would research it but it may not be for everyone. Scar treatments are very person specific and face specific. what helps one guy hurts another. etc.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 02/26/2022 11:01 pm

I'm down to dermabrasion or CO2. But what are the pro and cons of trying which one first? I'm open to both.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 03/04/2022 1:37 pm

I'm seriously considering dermabrasion

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 03/07/2022 7:39 pm

On 3/4/2022 at 12:37 PM, dirigo39 said:

I'm seriously considering dermabrasion

I asked dr rullan about dermabrasion and he said he first started with dermabrasion but he wasnt happy with it as it cannot fix atrophy which is true maybe it might while the skin is being regenerated throughout. Maybe he has seen more cases of it not working. Also I asked about anterior chemobrasion he said he also did that long time ago using sandpaperand noticed that it was causing inconsistent scarring. His phenol chemobrasion technique is better compared to that because phenol softens on day 1 and day 2 it gets removed easily and easier to abrade scars. I think most people that judge him based on trio. Here is my 2 cents his trio is safe and best for moderate to shallow scars and those people will see the most roi, maybe effective for people with deep scars but might take atleast5 sessions to see results. His phenol chemobrasion is the most effective treatment I think for surface as well as below the surface. If you really want to see results. This is the go to treatment but is expensive as hell. I guess care credit card helps lol. But the good thing is he heavily discounts he ongoing proceduresit if he think that you need another chemobrasion. So the average cost per treatment goes down from there.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/07/2022 9:29 pm

1 hour ago, getsmart121 said:

I asked dr rullan about dermabrasion and he said he first started with dermabrasion but he wasnt happy with it as it cannot fix atrophy which is true maybe it might while the skin is being regenerated throughout. Maybe he has seen more cases of it not working. Also I asked about anterior chemobrasion he said he also did that long time ago using sandpaperand noticed that it was causing inconsistent scarring. His phenol chemobrasion technique is better compared to that because phenol softens on day 1 and day 2 it gets removed easily and easier to abrade scars. I think most people that judge him based on trio. Here is my 2 cents his trio is safe and best for moderate to shallow scars and those people will see the most roi, maybe effective for people with deep scars but might take atleast5 sessions to see results. His phenol chemobrasion is the most effective treatment I think for surface as well as below the surface. If you really want to see results. This is the go to treatment but is expensive as hell. I guess care credit card helps lol. But the good thing is he heavily discounts he ongoing proceduresit if he think that you need another chemobrasion. So the average cost per treatment goes down from there.

How much does phenol chemobrasion cost from Rullan? I tried to call Rullan and got in touch with someone but I didn't follow up or something my hunch is they are extremely busy. Dirigo I really hope you find something that gives you major improvement. But you should definitely start gambling probably given you tried a bunch of things already. Maybe getsmart is right, phenol chemobrasion or maybe do something for the deeper scars, dermabrasion for the more shallow ones?

I'm just stumped as to viable procedures that can help atrophy or fat loss in general. I'm sad that sculptra didn't work at all for you. You could investigate fat filler but there is some discussion on it shifting in the face I don't really know, but a doctor I know says he's never seen it. Getsmart, could you or have you asked Rullan whether fat filler transfer or for any other fat/atrophy building procedures? Is there nothing that can even slowly build up the fat missing?

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 03/08/2022 1:19 pm

15 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

How much does phenol chemobrasion cost from Rullan? I tried to call Rullan and got in touch with someone but I didn't follow up or something my hunch is they are extremely busy. Dirigo I really hope you find something that gives you major improvement. But you should definitely start gambling probably given you tried a bunch of things already. Maybe getsmart is right, phenol chemobrasion or maybe do something for the deeper scars, dermabrasion for the more shallow ones?

I'm just stumped as to viable procedures that can help atrophy or fat loss in general. I'm sad that sculptra didn't work at all for you. You could investigate fat filler but there is some discussion on it shifting in the face I don't really know, but a doctor I know says he's never seen it. Getsmart, could you or have you asked Rullan whether fat filler transfer or for any other fat/atrophy building procedures? Is there nothing that can even slowly build up the fat missing?

Neither phenol nor dermabrasion can fix fat loss. Sculptra did give a little fullness. I think all those precious treatment actually made my scars look worst.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/08/2022 1:26 pm

7 minutes ago, dirigo39 said:

Neither phenol nor dermabrasion can fix fat loss. Sculptra did give a little fullness. I think all those precious treatment actually made my scars look worst.

Best case, I have a feeling dermabrasion would make you look like the post above by Sirius lee "without scar borders" basically. It wouldn't cure fat loss but if you get an outcome like mine it would blend everything to where it's quite invisible to some extent, but if you push around the skin it would show the atrophy basically if that make sense. It probably works better with lots of icepicks and not as much atrophy tbh, which is probably what I had.

I don't know there's gotta be some better things even combinations that can help both blend the scars but you need some atrophy fixes in certain spots. If sculptra did give some fullness do you think continuing that would help? And again maybe fat filler would be worth a gamble, maybe getsmart would know, idk.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 03/08/2022 1:43 pm

16 minutes ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

Best case, I have a feeling dermabrasion would make you look like the post above by Sirius lee "without scar borders" basically. It wouldn't cure fat loss but if you get an outcome like mine it would blend everything to where it's quite invisible to some extent, but if you push around the skin it would show the atrophy basically if that make sense. It probably works better with lots of icepicks and not as much atrophy tbh, which is probably what I had.

I don't know there's gotta be some better things even combinations that can help both blend the scars but you need some atrophy fixes in certain spots. If sculptra did give some fullness do you think continuing that would help? And again maybe fat filler would be worth a gamble, maybe getsmart would know, idk.

This was 2019 before treatment. Does it looks the same or worst? 

image.png

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 03/08/2022 4:24 pm

18 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

Its 6500 but if it repeats it then it is 20 percent or less.

MemberMember
(@misscamay2005)

Posted : 03/11/2022 2:52 am

On 1/29/2022 at 8:45 AM, dirigo39 said:

I've done 3 subs, 3 rf micro, 1 erbium pixel, 2 sculptra, tca. . That big one the middle has lunch excised but the doc didn't make the hole big enough. I will definitely get a few more punch excisions. Asian but don't really have a problem with pigmentation. 

PXL_20220118_145956674._exported_0_1643474498071~2.jpg

I kinda have similar type of scarring when I started, what really gave me perceptible improvement for similar scars were dermabrasion x2 and subcision - not œmini baby subcision but full on subcision with long instruments inserted in both your sideburns¦.though I am still recovering from subcision at this time¦. Just my opinion - I think dermabrasion will make your scar edges less noticeable and shallower and subcision then sculptra will improve the wavy valley like patterns¦. save your money and go for the real big bloody treatments ¦.dermabrasion erased a lot of my superficial scarring esp boxcar scars and erased the edges of my scars but the recovery was hellish¦..

On 2/4/2022 at 5:27 AM, dirigo39 said:

I'm gonna ask a local medpsa if they can do my edges. It's going to be a nurse practitioner. Is this a dumb idea? 

Don™t do it¦another disappointment in the making¦treatments done by nurses are way way less aggressive and lower settings¦.less experience, and training¦.due to scope of practice and liability¦.I know I am an RN¦..and regarding fillers¦.based from my experience after about $10,000 worth of fillers and according to Dr. Hazany and Dr Lim¦.fillers without subcision is a total waste of money bec. fillers cannot raise tethered scars plus fluid dynamics - fluids trek to areas of less/least resistance¦.I™d say save your money and go for the big bloody treatments like dermabrasion and full on liberator subcision¦.it won™t be perfect but you™ll see perceptible improvement¦.btw my scars were similar to yours when I started my acne treatment journey, now they just look like enlarged pores¦.and to add I had $6k worth of bellafill from d guru of fillers in Santa Monica - total waste of money¦.I love voluma for instant overall volume (lasts around 1.5 to 2 years), sculptra needs more than 2 weeks and it™s gradual so you don™t really notice the improvement, you need to do at least 2-3 sessions but it works¦I™ve also seen our HIV patients get sculptra for gauntness of the face and what a huge difference it make on their faces¦.you need lots of patience, time, money, and guts to take risks sometimes¦..goodluck!

getsmart121 and liked
MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 03/11/2022 6:23 am

3 hours ago, MissCamay2005 said:

I kinda have similar type of scarring when I started, what really gave me perceptible improvement for similar scars weredermabrasion x2 and subcision - not mini baby subcision but full on subcision with long instruments inserted in both your sideburns.though I am still recovering from subcisionatthis time. Just my opinion - I think dermabrasion will make your scar edges less noticeable and shallower and subcision then sculptra will improve the wavy valley like patterns. save your money and go for the real big bloody treatments .dermabrasion erased a lot of my superficial scarring esp boxcar scars and erased the edges of my scars but the recovery was hellish..

Dont do itanother disappointment in the makingtreatments done by nurses are way way less aggressive and lower settings.less experience, and training.due to scope of practice and liability.I know I am an RN..and regarding fillers.based from my experience after about $10,000 worth of fillersand according to Dr. Hazany and Dr Lim.fillers without subcision is a total waste of money bec. fillers cannot raise tethered scars plus fluid dynamics -fluids trek to areas of less/least resistance.Id say save your money and go for the big bloody treatments like dermabrasion and full on liberator subcision.it wont be perfect but youll see perceptible improvement.btw my scars were similar to yours when I started my acne treatment journey, now they just look like enlarged pores.and to add I had $6k worth of bellafill from d guru of fillers in Santa Monica - total waste of money.I love voluma for instantoverall volume (lasts around 1.5 to 2 years), sculptra needs more than 2 weeks and its gradual so you dont really notice the improvement, you need to do at least 2-3 sessions but it worksIve also seen our HIV patients get sculptra for gauntness of the face and what a huge difference it makeon their faces.you need lots of patience, time, money, and guts to take risks sometimes..goodluck!

Yeah Im going to do dermabrasion. A thread full of Asian ppl saying it didn't work for them scared me off a bit.

MemberMember
(@misscamay2005)

Posted : 03/11/2022 7:16 am

54 minutes ago, dirigo39 said:

Yeah Im going to do dermabrasion. A thread full of Asian ppl saying it didn't work for them scared me off a bit.

I am Asian too the thing with dermabrasion is it is not as precise as lasers and the result is dependent on the skills and experience of the doctor doing it.and not a lot of the younger doctors are skilled or have enough experience with it.those with experience are much older noweven way back I had a hard time finding a doctor willing and experienced enough to do it.the results for me was so good that I did it twice even if the recovery was a total hell lmao but I couldnt do it the 3rd time anymore I need to live and enjoy life now .but keep in mind the recovery is hell if you have depression or suicidal tendencies just dont do it.youll be red and flush easily for months to almost a year .your face will be much lighter than your neck for a year or sorisk of scarring.and you need to be beyond ocd with sunscreen or else youll develop hyperpigmentation.and one dermabrasion will give you improvement but with your type of scarring you need at least 2-3 because the doctor cannot go super deep each time because of the risk of scarring..youll be sedated via IV.with real dermabrasionyoull look like a burn victim, its not for the faint of heart.if its just baby light so so dermabrasion just dont do it, youll be wasting time and money..Dr. Mark Berman in Beverly Hills ( cosmetic surgeon) did my dermabrasion many many years ago, he is still practicing but I am not sure if he is still doing dermabrasion..goodluck!

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 03/11/2022 5:54 pm

10 hours ago, MissCamay2005 said:

I am Asian too the thing with dermabrasion is it is not as precise as lasers and the result is dependent on the skills and experience of the doctor doing it.and not a lot of the younger doctors are skilled or have enough experience with it.those with experience are much older noweven way back I had a hard time finding a doctor willing and experienced enough to do it.the results for me was so good that I did it twice even if the recovery was a total hell lmao but I couldnt do it the 3rd time anymore I need to live and enjoy life now .but keep in mind the recovery is hell if you have depression or suicidal tendencies just dont do it.youll be red and flush easily for months to almost a year .your face will be much lighter than your neck for a year or sorisk of scarring.and you need to be beyond ocd with sunscreen or else youll develop hyperpigmentation.and one dermabrasion will give you improvement but with your type of scarring you need at least 2-3 because the doctor cannot go super deep each time because of the risk of scarring..youll be sedated via IV.with real dermabrasionyoull look like a burn victim, its not for the faint of heart.if its just baby light so so dermabrasion just dont do it, youll be wasting time and money..Dr. Mark Berman in Beverly Hills ( cosmetic surgeon) did my dermabrasion many many years ago, he is still practicing but I am not sure if he is still doing dermabrasion..goodluck!

How many weeks did you need after dermabrasion before you could go to work?