Notifications
Clear all

If you ever had a kid put on him accutane immediately

MemberMember
(@jackson1234)

Posted : 10/11/2021 8:08 pm

1 hour ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

Join the club I have no clue. I tried "Nystatin and Triamcinoclone" for a day recently and my skin didn't tolerate it so I washed it off in 2 hours. That was an attempt at the fungal thing. My skin just didn't tolerate it as in it looked or felt like it was getting worse or aggravating things.

Also, this is another weird quality, and I don't even know if it's stress related, but 8 out of 10 times I get a haircut my face gets super irritated in the same way, as in swollen, infected, irritated, blotchy and so on. I have no clue what the heck hair has to do with it.

There's no way I'm doing a skin sample on my cheeks. My scarring is too screwed up to even touch it or remove anything at this point, I can't add another scar. Is there any similar test like can I stick my head under a microscope?

That's interesting you mention that. My skin is hypersensitive too and It gets quite itchy and red during a hair cut. I think it must have something to do with the spray bottle and the micro hairs falling on your skin.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/12/2021 7:12 am

13 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

No, I almost never took harsh topicals except for a few days. 

I almost never went/go red, my skin just goes haywire as the day progresses. The best description is my skin becomes infected, pulsates, oily/blotchy, pale, prone to bumps at times or whatever else, scars become noticeable, if i touch or scratch it might be a bump(s). Whether it's rosacea or dermatitis or two others things I have no idea. 

Do you have any suggestions on what to do at this point. You are right that stress, environment and activity in general triggers it. It only feels better when I wash my face by the way over the last many years. Is that indicative of something? 

When I took accutane it was like a dream. I have super thick hair so some hair loss was awesome not joking I loved that it was thinner. I can totally get how other people might see that as a big downside. I had such oily skin that it was pathetic so when I had dry skin it was better. To be honest I didn't give Accutane much thought because I went from horrendous to normal but I guess some people really do have issues with it. My acne came back like 20-25% after the first course so I did another one. I don't get acne since. I took 40mg doses each time, could the dosage be at issue in getting it to return or not?

Totally agree on the eating, sleeping or anything else. It's a full time job to manage scars, it's unbelievable how they fluctuate depending on every move. It's literally the worst thing in a commitment based society. If I won the Powerball I'd fund research or help with grants for bad cases. It's so overlooked :(

I wish I knew more but I also just read dermatology websites. Thought it could be rosacea bc of the location nose, front cheeks and forehead and everything else sounds like it. I also know how much time and trials and errors with wrong topicals/ creams it may take before you see improvement in the skin. But it is def possible.

I think yr best bet is finding a knowledgeable and experienced derm who will figure out what u have and giving their treatment a chance/ time to work. Hope u resolve the issue!

I used to have similar hypersensitity issues and no idea what's going on but I got rid of it now, or at least manage to control it as long as it's not super cold and windy outside but I think everybody would go red in such conditions.