Notifications
Clear all

Help! Severe acne scars

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/31/2021 10:49 pm

1 hour ago, Jack817 said:

was in a very similar situation as @Danny562. I have had my first TCA Cross treatments and it has worsened some of my scars and two of my tiny icepick scars has joined together and formed a 1cm linear scar. Not only my derm but also some folks from this forum have told me it would get better after several months and you would definitely see some improvements.

I've waited 3 months, but unfortunately nothing was changed and the damage couldn't be reversed. I have had to perform other treatments in order to fix the wound caused by TCA Cross. Think about it in this way, how many people is wiling to repeat a treatment which has caused them lots of issue at the very first place. How much trust you are willing to put into that treatment when you don't even know if the outcomes is good or bad.

Yeah, but what about the other 25 scars that actually got better (never mind about the number, I just made that up)?

Seriously, asI already stated above, you need to get at least 4 treatments to see any big improvement. In the process, you will run into some scars that will widen and some that will merge together. But keep applying to those scars as well. They will continue to flatten and change shape for the better.

Troner liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 03/04/2021 10:09 pm

7 hours ago, Danny562 said:

3 months after my first treatment and my face still has alot of hyperpigmentation. My large pitted scar has reduced in size. I have an appointment on Monday for another treatment.

Looks pretty damn good for 1 treatment. Even the pores have shrank, giving a more firmer complexion. Hyperpigmentation will go away in time. If you want to speed it up, you can apply Hydroquinone to the affected area.

BTW you should ideally space out your treatments 3 months apart. That means, you should wait 3 months from the day you got your previous TCA.

For comparison, I made a before/after:

image.png.31239b53a7777fcd157df20b6b8acdd4.png

MemberMember
(@yojimbobeginsgmail-com)

Posted : 02/12/2023 7:18 pm

Posted by: @ledesmadanny434gmail-com

Different angle and lighting, my scars have improve but they are still severe to me.AI am hoping to see BetterAresults after the subcision.

A

20210715_193232.jpg

can you update your latest status?