Notifications
Clear all

My Journey with Dr. Weiner

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/23/2020 6:23 pm

7 hours ago, squeezeMcQueen said:

So even after the filler dries up, the scar will reattach? Will it be more raised than before?

If the filler was placed correctly, then the possibility of reattachment should be low. However, injecting filler is not easy. It's more art than science. The outcome will vary widely depending on how skilled the injector is.

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/24/2020 7:17 am

Looking significantly better this AM. Still swollen in the cheeks but the redness has calmed down. I did stop using their recommended oil and just using normal moisturizer. The whiteheads have gone mostly away... whether that™s from stopping the oil or starting the clindamycin. 

F1C68702-2E8C-45E8-8C30-CD7F820A0885.jpeg

EEDD4281-F5A7-486C-8FC2-74BB65BA2DE8.jpeg

12 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

If the filler was placed correctly, then the possibility of reattachment should be low. However, injecting filler is not easy. It's more art than science. The outcome will vary widely depending on how skilled the injector is. 

I™m going to have my fingers crossed for dr weiner then! Lol He did an ultrasound of my skin prior to doing anything and took pictures. Let™s hope he did good! 

the ultrasound thing is his new obsession he said lol! He became obsessed over quarantine and knows every spot on his own face now lol!  

MemberMember
(@ferraritradersgmail-com)

Posted : 05/24/2020 3:01 pm

are you noticing any differences inthe indentations so far? Although it is still early in the process

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/24/2020 4:28 pm

1 hour ago, acnescarcure said:

are you noticing any differences in the indentations so far? Although it is still early in the process

Yes! I don™t see any scarring at all. That makes me think I™m still swollen and I™m still healing. 

This is in harsh lighting. 

guess you can still see some shallow scars but to me that™s not even comparable to my original. 

DC56BDF0-1332-4452-8A60-CCFBA4D1B2FE.jpeg

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 05/24/2020 10:04 pm

I got those little whiteheads every single time I did Genius. By the third round I just left with clindamycin gel.

After RF I looked really not good for weeks getting the skin back to normal. You don't start to see results until 3-4+ months out. So worth it though. I think your scarring will react well but be patient with yourself and with the process. Best wishes

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/25/2020 2:59 am

4 hours ago, Kay24 said:

I got those little whiteheads every single time I did Genius. By the third round I just left with clindamycin gel.

After RF I looked really not good for weeks getting the skin back to normal. You don't start to see results until 3-4+ months out. So worth it though. I think your scarring will react well but be patient with yourself and with the process. Best wishes

How long till whiteheads went away ? 3 months ?

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/25/2020 9:54 am

11 hours ago, Kay24 said:

Yes! I have two refills for my future sessions lol! 

glad I™m not abnormal. 

6 hours ago, Miro said:

Mine are mostly gone already. 

Monday Morning update! 

swelling is down. Some scarring is peaking through again... which is expected! Overall I™m still happy. I definitely had to TRY to get pictures of the scarring. 

A63D249C-5BA7-4DFF-AF68-C32F682189CC.jpeg

2B2115F5-7D44-4AE5-B83D-C95285B7568D.jpeg

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/25/2020 2:07 pm

Out and about with some makeup on today. 

E486054D-4BCC-4703-8BB0-A1AF3D0B17D4.jpeg

E6552157-0BAD-4337-9B0D-8878A268A0E6.jpeg

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/25/2020 4:02 pm

please create a before and after photo collage , after 2--3 months , it will be helpful to the community. Even I am also planning this treatment.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/25/2020 7:16 pm

9 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

Yes! I have two refills for my future sessions lol! 

glad I™m not abnormal. 

Mine are mostly gone already. 

Monday Morning update! 

swelling is down. Some scarring is peaking through again... which is expected! Overall I™m still happy. I definitely had to TRY to get pictures of the scarring. 

A63D249C-5BA7-4DFF-AF68-C32F682189CC.jpeg

2B2115F5-7D44-4AE5-B83D-C95285B7568D.jpeg

In what order were the treatments given? I imagine it was subcision, genius, then TCA. When was the filler injected? Also what was the TCA strength? Was TCA used only on icepicks? And if you don't mind sharing, how much did you end up paying for the entire package?

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 05/25/2020 8:00 pm

17 hours ago, Miro said:

No, just a couple weeks at most. Most of them were gone by the first week.

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/25/2020 10:14 pm

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

In what order were the treatments given? I imagine it was subcision, genius, then TCA. When was the filler injected? Also what was the TCA strength? Was TCA used only on icepicks? And if you don't mind sharing, how much did you end up paying for the entire package?

He did TCA first. Then filler. Then subcision. Then Genius. unsure about TCA strength. I will ask next time! He only did TCA on the icepicks and I did not have that many so it was the shortest part of my treatment!

he explained that the genius only goes to a certain temp and the fillers withstand that temperature so it doesnt affect it at all.

this round of treatment was $2800. My next rounds will only be $1200 as I wont be doing anymore subcision or filler.

also, he does the genius after becauseof his theory here:

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/26/2020 3:49 pm

17 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

He did TCA first. Then filler. Then subcision. Then Genius. unsure about TCA strength. I will ask next time! He only did TCA on the icepicks and I did not have that many so it was the shortest part of my treatment!

he explained that the genius only goes to a certain temp and the fillers withstand that temperature so it doesnt affect it at all.

this round of treatment was $2800. My next rounds will only be $1200 as I wont be doing anymore subcision or filler.

also, he does the genius after becauseof his theory here:

Thanks for the info. First, Dr. Weiner is a poster child for Lutronics, so he's really knowledgeable when it comes to Infini or Genius. I have no doubt you got your money worth on that front. However, did you get the entire package on the same day or were they spaced out over the period of several days?I'm kinda concerned if you got the filler and subcision at the same time. It'scounterintuitive to inject the filler first only to go in with a cannula later to move thefiller out of place. You technically want to allow the filler to harden. The correct way in my view is to get the subcision first and come back in after a week and apply the filler where there's sign of tethering.At any rate, thanks for sharing and I hope you find the treatment worthwhile.

dirigo39 liked
MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/26/2020 6:17 pm

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Thanks for the info. First, Dr. Weiner is a poster child for Lutronics, so he's really knowledgeable when it comes to Infini or Genius. I have no doubt you got your money worth on that front. However, did you get the entire package on the same day or were they spaced out over the period of several days?I'm kinda concerned if you got the filler and subcision at the same time. It'scounterintuitive to inject the filler first only to go in with a cannula later to move thefiller out of place. You technically want to allow the filler to harden. The correct way in my view is to get the subcision first and come back in after a week and apply the filler where there's sign of tethering.At any rate, thanks for sharing and I hope you find the treatment worthwhile.

I did get them on the same day! I definitely have faith in him!

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/26/2020 7:45 pm

1 hour ago, Kristineellen said:

I did get them on the same day! I definitely have faith in him!

I have few question L
1> so when is next appoinment after 3 months?So next treatment would be only TCA and infini or just infini ?
2> also please ask about TCA percentage next time.
3> what was the filler name ?

Yout treatment plan looks robust , all the best. and please please keep us updated.

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/26/2020 8:59 pm

1 hour ago, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

I have few question L
1> so when is next appoinment after 3 months?So next treatment would be only TCA and infini or just infini ?
2> also please ask about TCA percentage next time.
3> what was the filler name ?

Yout treatment plan looks robust , all the best. and please please keep us updated.

My next appointment is 4 weeks after the last. I got restalyne.

I will only be getting another round of TCA cross and genius. He does not feel the need for additional subcision or fillers.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/27/2020 8:38 am

11 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

My next appointment is 4 weeks after the last. I got restalyne.

I will only be getting another round of TCA cross and genius. He does not feel the need for additional subcision or fillers.

4 weeks with RF ? Thats weird, i was told by dermatologist to wait 3 months

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/27/2020 9:07 am

26 minutes ago, Miro said:

4 weeks with RF ? Thats weird, i was told by dermatologist to wait 3 months

3 months is how long it can take to see the results but for optimal results, every 4-6 weeks is suggested for treatments.

My very quick google search shows Its relatively standard to be spaced 4-6 weeks apart.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/27/2020 9:18 am

8 minutes ago, Kristineellen said:

3 months is how long it can take to see the results but for optimal results, every 4-6 weeks is suggested for treatments.

My very quick google search shows Its relatively standard to be spaced 4-6 weeks apart.

Well i am not a doctor nor expert , but even moderator BA told me that with energy devices u def. need to wait 3 months, doing it every month can keep your skin in constant swelling and hiding results, from my personal experience i d never do it sooner then 3 months but then again i am not doctor.

Well you ll see for your self, wish u best luck.

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/27/2020 9:37 am

19 minutes ago, Miro said:

Well i am not a doctor nor expert , but even moderator BA told me that with energy devices u def. need to wait 3 months, doing it every month can keep your skin in constant swelling and hiding results, from my personal experience i d never do it sooner then 3 months but then again i am not doctor.

Well you ll see for your self, wish u best luck.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/27/2020 10:04 am

And also I remember years ago when microneedling started to be popular , there were a lot of discussion online about gaps between treatments, and doctors sugested at least 6-8 weeks if it was performed with 1,5 mm needles, cause colagen needs time to rebuild, some suggested 3 months, and it was microneedling without RF, so this 4 weeks .. i dont know.

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08)

Posted : 05/27/2020 10:42 am

35 minutes ago, Miro said:

And also I remember years ago when microneedling started to be popular , there were a lot of discussion online about gaps between treatments, and doctors sugested at least 6-8 weeks if it was performed with 1,5 mm needles, cause colagen needs time to rebuild, some suggested 3 months, and it was microneedling without RF, so this 4 weeks .. i dont know.

True. Yeah Ive never heard of 3 month wait time ever. Just that it can take that long to see results.

I trust dr weiner and his approach. He Also did the clinical trials for it and Im confident he is well versed in his plan. Sandy has given more treatments to patients thananyone else in the area so Im confident in theirsuggestions.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/27/2020 2:46 pm

4 hours ago, Miro said:

4 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

True. Yeah Ive never heard of 3 month wait time ever. Just that it can take that long to see results.

It normally take about 4 weeks for the skin to shed. But it takes roughly 12 weeks or 3 months for collagen to regenerate.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 05/28/2020 1:13 am

Two reasons why he wants you to do another round of CROSS and RF microneedling in 4 weeks: possible micro-swelling will look like there was more improvement, and to make money quicker (instead of waiting 3+ months). I'm not going to say to wait 2, 3, 4 etc. months, but two rounds of a high energy device in 4 weeks is too much imo. Allow your skin to rest and recover, and don't allow a clinic to get you to go backtoo soon.

Hilalela, Kay24, Melissa and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/28/2020 2:55 am

1 hour ago, dodgerguy said:

Two reasons why he wants you to do another round of CROSS and RF microneedling in 4 weeks: possible micro-swelling will look like there was more improvement, and to make money quicker (instead of waiting 3+ months). I'm not going to say to wait 2, 3, 4 etc. months, but two rounds of a high energy device in 4 weeks is too much imo. Allow your skin to rest and recover, and don't allow a clinic to get you to go backtoo soon.

Well said, also what i red on forums, some people feel like their skin is healing from inside for 3-4 months, from M RF, i personally can say, after 2 months i still felt like there s this tightening feeling inside my skin like theres something going on, my skin started to look better 3rd month, 2 month was recovery in my case, I understand every1 heals diff., but still doing Radiofrequency so soon ?

Kay24 liked