Notifications
Clear all

Therapy for scarring AND it changes lives?

MemberMember
(@rakimaki99)

Posted : 05/22/2020 3:38 am

Talking about a very visible problem to people that does not deal with it, can't possiblyimagine how that might be helpful?

Feeling extremely skepticaldue to previous experiences of :

• regularmeditating routine
  • Diet
  • Fasting
  • Exercising

All work up until I realize how oily and "diseased" my skin looks after a long stressful day or when I do not stick to my socially unacceptable way of living?

How can therapy help this?

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 06/15/2020 1:50 am

What's your question? Why is your routine socially unacceptable?

Does your skin really look oily and diseased after a long day? Can you post a picture? If it's all in your head, then therapy can help.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 06/16/2020 11:58 am

My personal opinion is that Idon't see how therapy could help meas a malein my situation. I'm sure for others it has worked but personally I don't see it as a fix for myself. As blunt as it sounds our bodies are biologically designed to reproduce. If women do not find me attractive there is no way that therapy will be able to fix the underlying issue.

I am not trying to be negative or shallow but I will give you a brief rundown of what has worked for me my confidence.

Hit the gym hard. Muscles/Agood body go a long way.

Nice wardrobe

Make a lot of money

Date down the SMV ladder (loads of peoplehaveflawswhich they are more worried about than your acne scars)

Actively figure out how the hell you are going to improve your scars to the point where women will find you attractive.

Realize that about 25% of the population has poor eyesight. That's a pretty high chance that the women you are pursuing can't even see your scars.

Have frame in the way you carry yourself. If you let the scars bother you people will act differently around you. If you don't let them bother you most people won't even care that you have them.

The whole reality of the situation is a lot of people are shallow. If you want a chance to win you need to play your hands accordingly. I know this sounds shallow but at the end of the day if you want a solid social life/life with a partner you need to be doing everything in your effort to make this a reality. I don't think a therapist would be able to guide myself along this path.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/16/2020 1:02 pm

1 hour ago, thepwhisp said:

My personal opinion is that Idon't see how therapy could help meas a malein my situation. I'm sure for others it has worked but personally I don't see it as a fix for myself. As blunt as it sounds our bodies are biologically designed to reproduce. If women do not find me attractive there is no way that therapy will be able to fix the underlying issue.

I am not trying to be negative or shallow but I will give you a brief rundown of what has worked for me my confidence.

Hit the gym hard. Muscles/Agood body go a long way.

Nice wardrobe

Make a lot of money

Date down the SMV ladder (loads of peoplehaveflawswhich they are more worried about than your acne scars)

Actively figure out how the hell you are going to improve your scars to the point where women will find you attractive.

Realize that about 25% of the population has poor eyesight. That's a pretty high chance that the women you are pursuing can't even see your scars.

Have frame in the way you carry yourself. If you let the scars bother you people will act differently around you. If you don't let them bother you most people won't even care that you have them.

The whole reality of the situation is a lot of people are shallow. If you want a chance to win you need to play your hands accordingly. I know this sounds shallow but at the end of the day if you want a solid social life/life with a partner you need to be doing everything in your effort to make this a reality. I don't think a therapist would be able to guide myself along this path.

Uhm, yeah, it is shallow as hell...but each to his own. Seriously, if all you care about is money and good looks, you'll always feel void deep down. It's not the zits or the scars, but your low self-esteem and the tunnel vision of the worldthat is hampering you from making any progress. Think positive and do something more constructive,like participating in the Black Matter Lives protest or whatever. Your cars won't improve, but at least you'll feel good knowing that you've contributed something that actually matters in this world.

thepwhisp liked
MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 06/16/2020 1:15 pm

@Sirius LeeAgreed 100%. It is a completely shallow way of looking at things. On the other hand it's a sad reality about the world we live in. I feel like it's a game that everyone is playing in. I also agree about doing your best to make a difference in the world. These are all good things. I'm just speaking from experience about what has worked for me and kept me out of therapy.