Notifications
Clear all

Other Than Faked Photoshopped Pics, i don't believe there is LEGIT treatment for acne scars

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 03/27/2018 3:17 pm

16 hours ago, seattlegal90 said:

QuanHenry had very similar scarring to mine and hes definitely had very good improvement. His pics show harsh lighting too. You can see what i call 'improvement that was worth the effort'.. Now, do i think i will have the same improvement as him just because we had similar scarring? Absolutely not lol. I dont heal well enough to achieve those results.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. Some of my treated scars had modest improvement while others were significant. I think the variables are scar type, technique, and a little bit of luck.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 03/27/2018 5:45 pm

15 hours ago, seattlegal90 said:
@dazzedI completely agree. I am also extremely glad i did not have full face laser treatment. When i was put on accutane my dr had already started planning my laser treatment "6 months after accutane" She told me, "you have really fair skin too, so we can kick those settings up to the max!" I am so so glad i paid close attention to how my skin was healing after i was finished with the medication. It would have disfigured my entire face. I remember 6 months post accutane i tried just using that at home PMD, and even that made my skin texture noticeably worse. My skin was so fragile at the time. As unlucky as this situation may be, im extremely thankful as well that l i didnt blindly do what i was told like many other innocent people..

Youre spot on, you definitely need to have a GOOD understanding of how your skin reacts, heals, etc. That is one reason ( aside from issues clearing up acne) i have not firmly decided which approach to take first, and have chosen to keep studying this site and others while i determine what i think will be best for MY skin . And then as you mentioned earlier, do TEST spots first. Doing any treatment over your entire face because you want improvements NOW ( or because a dr is pressuring it) is foolish..Scar treatment is a LONG process, you need to treat it as one, dont rush it, use extreme caution, and take it one step at a time.

@Sirius LeeAlthough that may be very true for some people, for most of the people on this site, its caused by taking accutane, its an awful and permanent side effect. Ive tried every diet, increasedwater intake, herbs, vitamins, etc etc.. Accutane has permanently screwed up how my body heals. It sucksss lol. Wish i had done more research on the drug before taking it. Personally I didnt have any concerns going on it ( other than starting between breakouts to avoid scarring) as my sister had taken it 10 years before i did, and the only thing she suffered was short term depression.

Have you found your healing process has slowed down since you completed accutane? If so by much? Do you mean healing in regards to skin and non skin problems like hurting a bone or muscle aches after sports etc..

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/27/2018 8:11 pm

On 3/27/2018 at 4:19 AM, Noa27 said:
Have you noticed improvement in your scars now because of all your filler use?

Also how many ml do you need?

Yes. I can't say how many ml are needed. Probably for the surface scars 1 ml, and to fill out sunken areas of the face, maybe another 1ml all in one spot. But since starting them, I have not let them dissipate and have always topped-off.

@seattlegal90 With fillers, there's no "healing" involved because there is no damage done if you're only getting fillers. It's not a procedure that involves controlled destruction of skin like with lasers / dermabrasion / deep peels. With fillers, you inject it and that's it. It may not be well done, but there is no potential to make you worse off unless the unimaginable happens and you block an artery or get infected (HIGHLY unlikely). I didn't even want to add that last sentence because all the hypochondriacs on this forum will exaggerate that to no end.

And looks like some people in this thread took my advice and deleted their account lol.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 03/28/2018 4:18 pm

19 hours ago, dazzed said:

And looks like some people in this thread took my advice and deleted their account lol.

Nah, they'll be back under another alias before you know it.

Anyway, filler is all good, but it's not a real fix. It only masks the problem. Also it's damn expensive compared to other treatments, even though latter might be just a waste of money. Another problem is that you just don't know how good the injector is until it's done. Filling a scar pit so that it levels with the overall skin isn't the same as volumizing wrinkles. Anyone with a modest expertise can correct wrinkles but not so for pits.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/28/2018 5:13 pm

Spoken like a true troll account. Accutane saved my skin. Accutaneisevil is a perfect example of the scare mongering and irrationality of posters in here.

Siriuslee, I agree with your point because everything you wrote are literally things I've written about before. I've made these points repeatedly. There is no cure for diabetes, but you can manage it. That's how it is with scar treatments and fillers.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 03/28/2018 5:34 pm

19 minutes ago, dazzed said:

Spoken like a true troll account. Accutane saved my skin. Accutaneisevil is a perfect example of the scare mongering and irrationality of posters in here.

I'm honestly fucking tired of posting here. No one's ever satisfied with answers from people who have done it all and giving advice. Everything is shot down. Nothing is a perfect solution so it's all dismissed.

Siriuslee, everything you wrote are literally things I've written about before. I've made these points repeatedly. There is no cure for diabetes, but you can manage it. That's how it is with scar treatments and fillers.

agreed.

I don't fall into this whole mentality being ruined by ACCUTANE. Go in with the right frame of mind and you can beat acne, a right frame of mind will let you do whatever you want (in life in general)

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/28/2018 5:45 pm

By definition all scars are healed. Scars are the final end stage of healing, so there is no such thing as healing scars. That's a question for biotechnology. Literally 100% of all scar treatments available today involve masking, camouflaging, or manipulation of scars into something more aesthetically acceptable. An excision removes a scar and replaces with a hopefully better scar. Tca cross creates a tiny scar to closes up an ice pick. Subcision literally is creating scar tissue underneath the skin to act as a spacer and natural volume. Fillers fill out sunken pits. It's all camouflage, and there's NOTHING wrong with that if it helps you aesthetically to live your life. That's the entire premise of any reconstructive surgery. There is so such thing as healing scars period.

Noa27 liked
MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 03/29/2018 2:27 am

On 28-3-2018 at 3:11 AM, dazzed said:
Yes, otherwise why would I keep doing them? I can't say how many ml are needed. Probably for the surface scars 1 ml, and to fill out sunken areas of the face, maybe another 1ml all in one spot. But since starting them, I have not let them dissipate and have always topped-off.

@seattlegal90 With fillers, there's no "healing" involved because there is no damage done if you're only getting fillers. It's not a procedure that involves controlled destruction of skin like with lasers / dermabrasion / deep peels. With fillers, you inject it and that's it. It may not be well done, but there is no potential to make you worse off unless the unimaginable happens and you block an artery or get infected (HIGHLY unlikely). I didn't even want to add that last sentence because all the hypochondriacs on this forum will exaggerate that to no end.

What I mean is, do you see improvement in your scars when the filler is gone. But you've said that you top it up before is disapates 🙂 I'm thinking about fillers to. Here, 1 ml voluma is like 450 dollar, so the price is ok. Have you noticed after doing all the fillers it disapates more slowly over time?

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/29/2018 2:51 am

Yes, I do. There are some spots that actually appeared to be almost permanent because I haven't had them filled them for a long time. I supposed I could do a self-study and just let some spots dissipate completely, but I'm guessing that's going to be a long time before I report in with those results. I had a sunken part on my right cheek injected about 2 months ago. Everyday I feel it to see if I can still feel the filler, and I haven't noticed any reduction. It is Restylane Lyft. In a few more months I could update about this specific area.

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 04/01/2018 3:36 am

@ dazzed Oh no, i think you misunderstood my reply. I was simply responding to sirius comment about people with healing issues should look at their diet. The entire reason I will be doing fillers vs other treatments is its the one treatment that doesnt damage your skin lol. Thanks for sharing your experience with fillers, i will definitely remember it when i have mine.

@Jpablo Yes. My skin doesnt heal properly since taking accutane. Cuts, scrapes, non cystic acne ( which never caused any scarring prior to accutane) all leave pitted scarring very quickly. @ dazzedThats really great if it didnt affect you poorly or other people in this thread. I never said accutane is evil though..although i think everyone should be VERY cautious, I'd say 95% of the time people do not have long term issues. The side effects linger for up to 6-12 months (hence the period of time patients wait before attempting acne scar treatment). However, it does have devastating side effects for a small percentage of people who take it ( and those people usually end up on these type of sites, like me lol). Some of the awful temporary side effects dont ever go away. There have been numerous studies on it. Some of the stories are really tragic. Accutane is incredibly bad for your body, but for those who dont end up with long term side effects AND it clears up their acne, its a miracle drug. It can be hard to comprehend how horrible it is for some people when someones personal experience made their life so much better. My best friend in high school took it with no issues, and my sister took it with only temporary depression. For most people, it does exactly as advertised. In my case, it literally ruined my skin (and life) within 1 month, and my healing abilities never went back to normal (5 years later).

ScarRight liked
MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 04/05/2018 2:50 am

On April 1, 2018 at 1:36 AM, seattlegal90 said:

My skin doesnt heal properly since taking accutane. Cuts, scrapes, non cystic acne ( which never caused any scarring prior to accutane) all leave pitted scarring very quickly.

After trying retin-a, a topical form of accutane, I got cystic acne practically overnight and was left with bad scars in just a few months and I never had any kind of major acne before that. I'm still in disbelief that a topical medication can be so destructive. My face looked like in pictures I've seen of people taking accutane. It's interesting because I've tried other retinoids like tazorac and never had side effects like that, I would say tazorac was pretty mild. I know that each retinoid works a little bit differently on the molecular level, so I don't know what it is exactly about retin-a/accutane that causes your skin to scar.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/05/2018 12:03 pm

You guys should follow my journey for scar tx, i have already made a topic and am really determined to get all these tx done. Im 22, relatively healthy (except for the acne) . Never smoked, RARELY DRINK 1 Beer. Never done drugs. Exercise regularly (bodybuild) never done steroids. No family history of anything, just skin problems i guess. Anyway i know 100% is not realistic, i would be happy with 55-75% improvment. I am going to follow BA's plan (somewhat) so far i have gotten:

Feb 26: intracel+ tca cross + prp

March 8: mild subcision + saline subcision + super mild fraxel over subcision

March 30: infini 2 w prp+ mild fraxel
(infini done by a well reputable person, did 3 passes low energy but high pd deepest at 2.5, she said we can go down to 3.0 for my next one depending on results, healing etc.)
Trying to stay positive, and have lots of freetime. And thankfully have a well paying job where i dont interact wit many people and get paid very well and weekly. And lots of work and bonuses bc they are just full of work.

Mid may plan to get subcision w filler.
mid july to get infini #3 w prp.
End of september to get infini #4 w prp
around mid december to get a sciton profractional at southcoast med spa who are reputable w acne scars in San diego.
mid february probably another sciton profractional.
i know this journey will take about a year and a half.
you can follow my topic thread.

MemberMember
(@obsessedwithscars)

Posted : 04/11/2018 3:22 am

On 01.04.2018 at 11:36 AM, seattlegal90 said:

@Jpablo Yes. My skin doesnt heal properly since taking accutane. Cuts, scrapes, non cystic acne ( which never caused any scarring prior to accutane) all leave pitted scarring very quickly.

this is my problem too. even very little pimples cause scarring after accutane hell even if i scratch my face a little because of itchiness it leave scar.

MemberMember
(@rapharapha)

Posted : 04/11/2018 4:23 am

58 minutes ago, obsessedwithscars said:
this is my problem too. even very little pimples cause scarring after accutane hell even if i scratch my face a little because of itchiness it leave scar.

So true, so true! I've been on many rounds of (low/moderate) dose of accutane. After my last treatment (where I increased a dose a little bit) my skin is not the same. Anything causes relatively large scar. I was complaining to my doctor and 2 dermatologist, and they were basically saying that I'm crazy....

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/11/2018 1:32 pm

Folks, if you take Accutane, you're at higher risk for infection. That is why they caution that you first talk with your doctor before getting any sort of immunization/vaccination. Also you shouldn't take Vitamin A or use Retin-A (tretinoin) while on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 04/11/2018 2:56 pm

Agree with @seattlegal9095% of the time, with Isotretinoin or Accutane, no issues apart from dry skin, lips etc... 5% of the time - potentially bad side effects. A good dermatologist will always re-inforce to the patient that if side effects occur, stop the drug or decrease the dose. Majority of the side effects are dose related. If one has hair loss, depression, feeling tired, loss of energy etc... what ever the side effect may be, possibly sensible to stop the drug, rather than the mentality of 'hey, this medication is making me depressed, lets take another dose and see what happens?' By all means I'm no advocate for this drug, its potentially demonic in the way it works, as well as the side effects, however one has to take some responsibility, as well as guidance from a derm as to how to titrate the dose, or stop it when major side effects occur. Patient education and awareness is paramount. No doubts about delayed wound healing in some patients- thats on the warning sheet, or product information. Most doctors correctly will not perform surgery on patients who are on this medication due to the known side effects, no argument there. @Sirius Leeis also correct regarding infections, especially skin infections as its known to change colonisation of staph Yes, its a SH#T of a drug, and should be used with caution.

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 04/11/2018 5:49 pm

2 hours ago, Obi wan said:

I'm no advocate for this drug, its potentially demonic in the way it works

is there any study or website that explains the 'demonic' in more detail?

All I got from this drug is a fcked up body. I've got some pretty serious long term sides like @seattlegal90. But no explanations why.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 04/11/2018 8:28 pm

`

MemberMember
(@scarswillbehistory)

Posted : 05/27/2018 2:00 am

On 4/11/2018 at 9:28 PM, Candy Says said:

do you think this is fake?

silicone_micro_injections2.jpg

[Media removed]

How?

Wow... Actually I also thought before/after pictures were mostly cheating with light and angles. But this picture is amazing. Although light is a bit changed since we can notice it looks a bit reddish in the after picture. (It's not because of temporary swelling. It's because the different type of light has been cast. Since we can see the area right under the eye, which would never been lasered, also looks reddish.) So, technically this picture also can't be the 100% correct comparison. However I'd say it is a quite fair comparison not like other scam pictures on the internet. Anyway this picture gave me hope.. because I have very similar type of scarring. Thank you.

I think it is also true that most of the before/after pictures on the internet have been manipulated with light and angles. Light and angle must be persistent so that we can say it is a fair comparison. But sadly, most of the pictures on the internet use different have been taken under the different type of light, different angled light or different intensity of light.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/27/2018 2:19 am

On 4/11/2018 at 9:28 PM, Candy Says said:

do you think this is fake?

silicone_micro_injections2.jpg

[Removed media]

How?

Well, pictures are pictures. I, for one, want to know about the missing details like what were the treatment protocols? How far were treatments spaced out, especially from the first to the last? Considering that not every patient will get the same result out of these treatments, what aftercare was utilized by the patient? Blah, blah, blah...

Without any details, it's all noise. Sorry to say.

MemberMember
(@scarswillbehistory)

Posted : 05/27/2018 3:53 am

On 5/27/2018 at 3:19 AM, Sirius Lee said:

Well, pictures are pictures. I, for one, want to know about the missing details like what were the treatment protocols? How far were treatments spaced out, especially from the first to the last? Considering that not every patient will get the same result out of these treatments, what aftercare was utilized by the patient? Blah, blah, blah...

Without any details, it's all noise. Sorry to say.

iguessthe image camefromhere

Edit By Mod Search if you want for : New York Social Diary Microdroplets of silicone, ... this procedure can cause harm.

So, whos a good candidate for this procedure? Dr. Narins likes administering LIS to younger patients because they need less treatment.

[Media removed]

Acne scarring treated with microdroplets of silicone.
Today, however, theres a large selection of available fillers with long-lasting results and Microdroplet is not for everyone. The bottom line when it comes to this treatment is that you have to go to a doctor who uses good judgment and who can say NO, says Dr. Narins.
[Media removed]

Expert Tip: Use a temporary filler in the treatment area first to gauge the results before taking the plunge with silicone, advises Dr. Orentreich.
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/27/2018 4:33 pm

12 hours ago, ScarsWillBeHistory said:

iguessthe image camefromhere

Thanks for the source. Wow, I'm pretty impressed. If this is achieved using just the filler, it's one helluva work. Whoever the injector was, he or she has a very artistic touch.

I've said this on countless occasion but when it comes to fillers, it's never about the filler but everything about the injector. There are too many crappy injectors on the market who has no sense for aesthetics. If you can find a real good (read: artistic) injector, it doesn't matter if the filler is temporary or permanent. You will most likely get a very good result.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/27/2018 5:51 pm

@Sirius LeeThis is obviously photoshopped or the model in the pic is injected to heck (a lot) with Silicone and thus you cannot see anything. One can always find the exceptional case out of thousands. We really should not be discussing pics. Your response above was the correct one. To much BDD and perfectionism here. Acne scars are never similar, ... treated individually, ... we all heal differently. We have different expectations of when done is done. As such might as well look at beauty shots and Instagram selfies as this is not healthy (again I liked you prior above response about pics). IT's pointless to go off of one supposed perfect pic.

This isn't even about the injector, nor skill. Give me a balloon and I will blow it up. Chipmunk cheeks are a thing.
Most guys don't like this as it looks un-natural.

The good thing about the excerpt above is the injector said what I have been saying for years. You do HA filler first, ... there are many other options before considering permanent.Look at real self (not the paid reviews by the 2 major silicone micro droplet doctors) and you see the horror stories of migrations, lumps, biofilms, please to get rid of it from the skin and they must cut and fish to extract. The filler does not age well. It was never meant for the body or large quantities like the above pic (even with microdroplet). Our body is not meant to have silicone and anyone selling it to you has a investment in it. Why do you think so few Drs offer it, because they know the lawsuits are not worth the bottom line $$$$$$$.

Permanent Filler has permanent problems. Try HA first as a reminder and then if you really like filler Artefill is FDA approved (tht has issues as well but a safer choice). Be informed whoever reads this with research.

IF anyone needs inspiration, read a post on acne.org of a REAL acne scar patient. Who got treatment and showed pics of improve. This is reality with no other purpose than to share their story. Drs will sell you anything to make a buck or pay off their machine. Anyone can find one beauty shot even if they have hundreds of cases of malpractice.