Notifications
Clear all

Do Infini Treatments Ever Max out?

MemberMember
(@supremenot)

Posted : 09/21/2017 3:32 am

From doing my research and looking at reviews it seems as though Infini does a good job at improving acne scars. I know all of us often dream of 100% improvement which I know EVERYONE says is IMPOSSIBLE (very negative), but I was wondering if I were to get let's say 5% improvement from every Infini treatment with PRP and I were to properly space out each treatment, would I over the course of 20-25 treatments get almost 100% improvement? Or am I missing something? Is there any max to the improvement you can get from Infini?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/21/2017 6:08 am

This question does not make since ... The mechanics of scars. Scar revision or scar treatment is never one and done Collagen takes time to build. There is no percentage you will get. IT's how your body heals and reacts. I cannot predict this. IF your asking typically you need 4 > treatments. You will not get 100% with this treatment or any treatment. It depends on your scars and most people do multiple things (subcision, tca cross, tca peels, microneedling, creams, filler, etc) depending on scar type over 3 years depending on their down time.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/21/2017 8:16 pm

Infnifi is good, its not the best device. It only treats some scars. I saw a video -can't remember who did it ? David Lin or someone, that showed at high levels carbon builds up and then its no good. Plus the spring was weak. I don't think there is one method, and I tend to agree with BAs viewpoint. You do need to treat the scar type with the method.

MemberMember
(@supremenot)

Posted : 09/22/2017 3:23 pm

I appreciate the reply @beautifulambition, but why do you always have to be so negative? Why do you always have to tell people 100% improvement is impossible or that most of the time your better off doing therapy because you're not even gonna get any real results? If everyone had the same mindset as you, nothing in this world would get done, nobody would have follwed their dreams and achieved them. I appreciate you trying to advise people but it seems like most of the time you just bring them down because you yourself haven't had the results you want from your treatments. I have seen multiple cases on Dr Lims site that showed 99-100% Improvement, so please don't say it can't be done.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 09/23/2017 2:31 am

BA is right though. Anyone who's been trying to fix their scars has learned, or will learn that it is not possible for 100% improvement. There will always be a trace of the scar. That doesn't mean you can't get very very good improvement. Some people get 80-90%, but those people also have relatively milder cases. The very severe, disfiguring cases of acne scars can never get anywhere 90%, let alone 100%. Indeed, some cases are so far gone that they are truly disfigured, and that's very heartbreaking. The good thing is that the vast majority of people fall someone under mild to moderately severe scarring, where you can see a good deal of improvement if you do the right treatments.

With the current technology now, improvement is realistically the only thing you can hope for. But the improvement may be so signifcant that people just accept whatever residual scars they may have and get on with life. That's the goal we should all be striving for. Look at @QuanHenry. At the beginning he was pretty despondent, but he's had good improvement and his quality of life has improved drastically.

Perfection is the enemy of the good.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/23/2017 4:27 pm

100% is not a realistic outcome, its not being negative, its being truthful. If one aims for a 70-80% improvement, its looking at a glass mostly full. The psychological aspect of an acne scar patient is to always see what is remaining, and forget what is treated. Treating the psychological aspects of scars is just as important if not more so than the physical. If one aims for a lower percentage and delivers a higher one, the patient is in a better head space. Negative is not the correct term.... underpromise, over deliver. In some cases, say monomomorphic box scar scars, shallow, type one skin, 99% improvement can be achieved, if some one has tethered, anchored atrophic, fibrotic, rolling scars in type 6 skin- 50% improvement . This is the physiology. Every acne scar patient is different, physically and mentally, and treating both psyche and physical scars gives the best results. For life.

MemberMember
(@supremenot)

Posted : 09/23/2017 4:54 pm

I appreciate you guys replying and I understand what you guys are saying but I think I may have been misunderstood when I said 100% improvement. I work around people all day everyday so I see thousands of different faces every single week, EVERYONE has some sort of depressions in their skin, pockmarks, open pores, fat loss etc. It is impractical for one to believe in getting baby out the womb smooth skin because our skin is not meant to regenerate to perfection. What I was trying to imply is that, if we do treatments consistently and get to 70-80% improvement, wouldn't that basically mean we are 100% cured because now we just look like most people and don't look like "acne scarred people"? I think where most of us get caught up is trying to tell absolutely perfect skin because we don't want to see the remains of such a mentally stressful time in our lives but if we just get too a point where our skin looks like everyone else's wouldn't that mean we are cured? The reason I got frustrated is because a lot of you imply that getting rid of acne scars is impossible and impractical when that's total BS. With repetitive treatments (5,10,20,50,100 even) we can ALL get to a point where we look "normal" and in my book that is 100% improvement.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/24/2017 2:49 pm

Point taken and valid. If scars are not seen at conversational distance than that is a great outcome, so I do agree. Some body dysmorphic patients aim to find scars, ie. use their own magnified mirror with the own lighting in the worse possible way to highlight scars. Not normal, but @SupremeNot, you are indeed correct with you definition of 'normal' I wish every acne scar patient has apositive outlook like you do.