Notifications
Clear all

Pixel CO2 versus Active FX?

MemberMember
(@looop887)

Posted : 07/21/2017 1:54 pm

I have these two options to choose from. The doctor does have Deep FX - however she has stated that in some cases, she has found Deep FX to make indented/atrophic scars worse. She is a VERY experienced doctor, who has likely done this thousands of times.

I am however completely unsure that I would just want to do the Active FX - from what I've read, it doesn't do ANYTHING for acne scars, and people's experiences on here seem to be mostly disappointing.

The only pro with the Pixel Perfect (CO2) is that I would be able to have the treatment sooner, and the doctor is confident that it will take no more than two treatments. Seems like he will be quite aggressive with it.

However, I can't imagine that this incredibly experienced dermatologist with the DeepFX would want anything but the best results for her patients - if she is hesitant to use the Deep setting, there must be good reason why? She said she MIGHT use the DeepFX in the areas where the scars are not as indented.

Any insight - highly appreciated!

I believe the Pixel penetrates between 50 and 350 microns, whereas the Active penetrates 300 microns. The Deep penetrates 1.2 mm.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 07/21/2017 8:40 pm

Trust your instincts on this one. If a doctor is telling you she is uncertain about Deepfx, that's her telegraphing to you that she's had complications in the past.