Notifications
Clear all

Scar help

MemberMember
(@cslanglois19)

Posted : 07/23/2017 8:04 pm

What kind of scars are these and what is the best treatment to smooth them out? I've done a few ematrix treatment and seen slight improvement  and I'm wondering if I should continue ematrix or switch to something more agressive the pic is a week after my third treatment. My derm recommended 6 in total 

IMG_4886.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/24/2017 9:43 am

I'ddo some TCA peels just on the cheeks on those surface box cars. Your other skin is in great shape do not touch it. I don't know if you need subcision from the pic they are not deep. and multiple peels could work. I would do something for the red PIE, maybe v-beam, ipl, excel v laser, or 1064nm . If you do anything more dramatic I would do infini rf microneedle and not do ematrix, I don't see it helping you much and a waste of time and money.

You mainly have a surface issue, hence the TCA, it would be a slow process. Maybe a member @Quadboy can talk about his experience and helping alot with TCA.

MemberMember
(@cslanglois19)

Posted : 07/24/2017 12:15 pm

@beautifulambition Appreciate the respone the PIE and scar depth was defiantly worse pre ematrix which Is why I have had a hard time figuring out if it's worth it or not the scars are probably a little over a year old now and are from a bad cystic acne breakout the other side of my cheek has almost nothing 
I will leave pics from February which was before ematrix and 5 months of skin care and a pic I just took in my mirror light today.

IMG_4717.PNG

IMG_4897.JPG

MemberMember
(@mclarensupra)

Posted : 07/25/2017 11:48 pm

@beautifulambition

Do you think that TCA peels would work on his deeper scars? I have scars in the exact same area of my cheek that are about that depth.

I've done TCA years ago, but it was too long ago to remember if there was any improvement. I've used the derminator a few times with little success (10-15% improvement).

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/26/2017 10:26 am

@MclarensupraYes between that and dermastamp / microneedle it could work, his scars are very minor now after ematrix, mainly textural. Your treating the area, you don't have to treat the whole face. It will take a few, progressively over 2 years, depending on your down time.

MemberMember
(@cslanglois19)

Posted : 07/28/2017 8:46 pm

The scars I have now are classified as minor? Jeez what do severe ones look like