Notifications
Clear all

Check out my Scars...What do I need to do?

MemberMember
(@gene711)

Posted : 05/07/2017 11:54 pm

Hey everyone,

New member here...just joined.  I can't express into words how much these scars affect my confidence and self-esteem...so I've decided to take the first steps to do something about it.  I've done accutane about 8 years ago and I remember it broke me out like crazy, causing a lot of these scars but I've also had large cystic acne all my life and still today.  Please give me your advice on which treatment would be best...my only concern is that I DON'T want any treatment to make my scars any worse.  Please help me out in this journey, I will sincerely appreciate your time.  Thank You

Here are a few photos I took.  There is minimal flash so you can see my scars a little better versus with flash.  My right side is significantly worse than my left.

Inkedimage1_LI.jpg

Inkedimage3_LI.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/09/2017 4:21 am

@Gene711The link is under every post I make in the signature, you must be on a cell phone. Goto the top of the acne scar sub you posted this topic in. It's pinned at the top.

MemberMember
(@gene711)

Posted : 05/17/2017 3:27 pm

Hey guys,

So I'm going to begin looking for dermatologists or professional help with my scars. Any advice for me about what I should be asking for or looking for when choosing professional help?

In the above comments, TCA Cross Works was mentioned so I'm wondering if I should solely ask for that? Or should I be looking at Laser surgery?

Any information would help...

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/17/2017 3:43 pm

Dr.s will push laser, you do not need laser. It makes them money.

Dr Recommendations can be found in my faq at the bottom,this is at the top of the scar sub.

I see icepicks tca cross, look for tca cross.

I see some surface texture issues tca peels especially on the cheeks would be good for this. You can even goto a local esthetician if they do this or med spa.

For the discoloration red and browns you might want to try a photo facial which is ipl (for pigment), or Excel V, or Vbeam laser for the pigment issues only.

You might look into microneedling as well many of us use [Edited link out] here for this monthly, when we are not doing other treatments.

MemberMember
(@libbypollock)

Posted : 05/17/2017 5:09 pm

Just sent you a message with some suggestions about products I have been using and seeing great results! Check it out and let me know if you have any questions! :)