Notifications
Clear all

post fractional laser scar or hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/08/2017 10:36 am

I have already posted about this but im having second thoughts about what it could be, I suspect i got burnt whenI had a fractional Co2. I had fractional Co2 35 days ago and i am left with 2 red lines that look flat but are dented in certain lighting such as flash pictures taken by the phone.

I am actually beginning to get very very depressed because of this because this was meant to help my acne scars and not make it alot worse, I really need help because i dont trust my dermatologist anymore, should i do another resurfacing with a better dermatologist or should I wait for the collagen to help

here are pictures with flash

scar acne 1.jpg

scar acne.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/08/2017 5:37 pm

@abod57I don't see what your referring to, can you draw on the pic? Scars often make shadows and flashlights help show this.

I do see some hiperpigmentation, which has nothing to do with scarring, its a wound. If your are referring to the red areas, If So I have a section in my below signature ... faq link. Goto the skin section and find PIE and PIH. A laser for only pigment will help called vbeam or quadrostar pro it's for reds and browns. IPL can also help do the same thing. You can use hydroquinone aka skin bleach and vitamin c serum as well for hiperpigmentation before and after laser they are supposed to be used.

CO2 laser can often leave wounds that take months to heal up to 3 - 6 months.

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/09/2017 12:06 am

I have drawn on the pictures

18426131_795479473933808_857487945_o.jpg

18405604_795479547267134_746161195_o.jpg

Those two lines where not present before the treatment

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/09/2017 4:18 am

Thanks for providing those pics. I thought that is what you meant. It's hiperpigmentation. Use the PIH treatments in my signature (faq) below.

As I said above: " Its a wound. If your are referring to the red areas, If So I have a section in my below signature ... faq link. Goto the skin section and find PIE and PIH. A laser for only pigment will help called vbeam or quadrostar pro it's for reds and browns. IPL can also help do the same thing. You can use hydroquinone aka skin bleach and vitamin c serum as well for hiperpigmentation before and after laser they are supposed to be used. " IT's common for pigmented skin types to get hiperpigmentation, it's only been 30 days. I would start with the hydroquinone. Derms will subcisbe steroids, you can also try for only 2 weeks hyrocortisone.

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/09/2017 4:47 am

thanks

and what about the indentation that is looking like a line, am I just imagining or is it very mild, because im sure that with certain lighting I can see a slight indentation. 1 month ago i think it was much more clear in this post

thanks again

this is about 1 month ago

burn.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/09/2017 5:34 am

@abod57I have had CO2 countless times. Yes It has made marks like this, they resolve hopefully. You could put those clear silicone sheets for scars on them if you wish and hopefully it will even out, CO2 can take 3- 6 months of healing. The skin is remodeling right now. Try the PIH treatments.

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/12/2017 11:00 pm

Hi
so I am in the middle of exams so I can't go to another dermatologist to try the treatment you suggest, however, I took a picture in the dark with flash to see how it looks. Does this show just a change in color or actual indentation based on this picture.

this was taken yesterday:

18472542_797182793763476_1208399282_o.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/13/2017 7:54 am

I get the issue and again my advice was sound. You need to be pronto using silicon scar liquid daily or the pads you can only wear at night, You get them at any pharmacy for scars. The redness can be treated as I said with the pigment lasers.

Emu oil is awesome and vitamin c serum

This will take time to heal and even assess regardless of how it looks now or how it looked, In a few months we can do more aggressive things, for now your body is healing, eat lots of meats / healthy fats, collegen pills Do not use any scrubs or acids. Moisturize. After CO2 that should have been covered for weeks with product.

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/13/2017 8:13 am

would (Mebo scar) work instead of silicone?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/13/2017 8:41 am

Nope

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/13/2017 8:46 am

thanks, I understand your advice, Lastly I wana know is that does my last picture show indentation, If so is it deep because its honestly messing with my head

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/13/2017 8:54 am

No it's not deep - I frankly see nothing, it's really not that bad, but you again need silicone pads so things heal right. Silicone liquid can be used during the day. This evens out surgical scars, but they are worn for many months after.

Slap some concealer on it till you get it fixed, quick fix, no one will know.

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/13/2017 9:05 am

doesnt silicone reduce collagen production?

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/13/2017 10:18 am

and my main issue is the hyperpigmentation which as you say will take time right?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/13/2017 1:37 pm

No silicone causes those indentsto sometimes even out. You don't want unever skin, it also is a barrier to cause the skin to repair itself underneath. People with facelifts do this too. I would ues a combo of things like I said above. The silicone is while you sleep. Use Sun Scree!!

If you want a second oppinion goto realself.com and post, doctors respond

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/14/2017 8:09 am

I have also noticed that I have this raised part on my skin when I look closely what do you make of this?

its only visible when I look closely under certain light

thanks

IMG_3872.PNG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/14/2017 9:24 am

It's too early to tell, I know these are PIE wounds, so the treatments under skin and PIE in my faq would be appropriate. Silicone helps even things out. Microneedling when it's eventually time. CO2 can do this in some spots, especially if the area is full of pus or sebrum. I don't see any major indents, light textural stuff, which is mainly highlighted by the PIE hyperpigmentation. This is why I suggested the creams, silicone above, and some concealer till it heals more.

If you want after a month, you could start microneedling in a few weeks, many of us use http://derminator.com here. A retinoid might help as well retin a or tretinorin you can find on ebay.

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/14/2017 9:55 am

right so its not a raised scar like I was fearing? cause I am fearing that I was burnt. I am also considering Rf micro needling instead of regular as i think it will stimulate better collagen production.

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/19/2017 3:45 am

Here is a recent picture in different lighting.IMG_3930.PNG would Rf micro needling be more effective than normal micro needling in this case 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/19/2017 3:49 am

I really see no problem with your skin. I have told you several times what you need, but you do not listen and have a different plan, that's ok but I cannot take responsibility for trying different things. I am just trying to help you.

I see hyperpigmentation we discussed lasers for this above ^ skin bleaching cream and vitamin c serum.

We discussed a microneedle and doing this often at HOME.

We discussed Getting peels to even things out.

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 05/19/2017 4:43 am

I understand, because it seems like doctors nowadaysare suggesting procedures that would make them the most profit hence why they suggested Rf microneedling for me.

would my skin be ready for tca peels so quickly after a fractional Co2? and could this dent just fill in with time on its own?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/19/2017 6:08 am

It might fill in with time. I would definitely buy a http://derminator.com and microneedle now with the creams. Do a peel in a few months if needed.