Notifications
Clear all

Just+had+subcision+-+documenting+w/+photos!

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 11/19/2018 10:17 pm

The thing that grinds my gears most is when i stretch my skin its flattens everything amazingly. How is there no procedure for this yet :(

Snapchat-1218994191.thumb.jpg.f58d1613943f4d05db431e087427c6cf.jpgSnapchat-229665585.thumb.jpg.616ffbf6f79ccd5877992f8def76f816.jpg

JamesL liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/19/2018 10:43 pm

@91babyThere is! Filler Voluma into the cheeks place to volumize them or a vial or 2 of sculptra. If stretching the temples does this filler will work. I know in the past you did filler to individual pits but we are talking about the overall cheek injecting filler here and enough to make this difference might take a few mls. See the FAQ - top post on the scar solutions sub, filler section, and see how little most people get with filler when they really need much more. Any expert injector to do this for you.

BA

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 11/21/2018 5:04 am

On 11/20/2018 at 2:13 PM, beautifulambition said:

@91babyThere is! Filler Voluma into the cheeks place to volumize them or a vial or 2 of sculptra. If stretching the temples does this filler will work. I know in the past you did filler to individual pits but we are talking about the overall cheek injecting filler here and enough to make this difference might take a few mls. See the FAQ - top post on the scar solutions sub, filler section, and see how little most people get with filler when they really need much more. Any expert injector to do this for you.

BA

Oh right! You really think that could make a difference? Finding an expert injector is so difficult in south australia.. its all about lasers here!! If i knew a reputable filler injector id give it a go for sure. Everything's definitely evening out slowly.. just wish there was a faster way (with no downtime haha!)

MemberMember
(@arug)

Posted : 11/21/2018 5:27 am

I've been getting filler since 2010. I had only one expert filler session--a maxillofacial surgeon who also paints and sculpts. Unfortunately he's a two-hour drive away from me but the last (local) one was such a disaster that I'm going back to him. Keep making inquiries and ask if they paint and sculpt! Those are the ones who know where to put filler IMHO!

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 11/22/2018 12:12 am

18 hours ago, arug said:

I've been getting filler since 2010. I had only one expert filler session--a maxillofacial surgeon who also paints and sculpts. Unfortunately he's a two-hour drive away from me but the last (local) one was such a disaster that I'm going back to him. Keep making inquiries and ask if they paint and sculpt! Those are the ones who know where to put filler IMHO!

Do you get filler for the whole area or just individual? And youve found success with this?? My scars are shallow but there's a lot of them which makes them hard to treat. Filler for individual scars will never work for me. Maybe for a couple but paying $600 plus to fill just a couple is not qorth it for me

MemberMember
(@arug)

Posted : 11/22/2018 11:33 pm

23 hours ago, 91baby said:

Do you get filler for the whole area or just individual? And youve found success with this?? My scars are shallow but there's a lot of them which makes them hard to treat. Filler for individual scars will never work for me. Maybe for a couple but paying $600 plus to fill just a couple is not qorth it for me

I get it for whole areas. I've actually never had it to target individual scars. It makes the scars look softer. Basically my entire inner midface and chin/perioral area is pitted and dented. Filler makes it look smoother. I need about 4 cc every 6 months to look good but in practice I get about half that much. It's still a fortune to me.

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 11/23/2018 1:36 am

2 hours ago, arug said:

I get it for whole areas. I've actually never had it to target individual scars. It makes the scars look softer. Basically my entire inner midface and chin/perioral area is pitted and dented. Filler makes it look smoother. I need about 4 cc every 6 months to look good but in practice I get about half that much. It's still a fortune to me.

Could you see this working for me? Would you happen to have any pictures? Im happywith how im going/what im doing but its a very long process.. something in between that gives me more dramatic results would be ideal!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/23/2018 8:29 am

Yes it will work for you if you can pull up your temples as you said and it's better this is a volume issue partly. Volume pushes out scars. Look at what arung said she did 4cc of filler, most only do a tiny amount like .5ml and that does nothing for volume in cases like yours. If you like the ongoing results of filler you can do something permanent like Bellafill which is legal in AUS. But I would not do this till your completely happy a few times with a HA filler, permanent fillers you only get when your absolutely sure. You do not need filler done every 3 months, Voluma would last 6to 12 months, for some longer.

Continue your peels, there is no rush and no short cuts - little at a time, but in your case volume will help a lot to hide any collagen deficiency, when you get it before you did a tiny amount and to individual pits, that was during subcision as a spacer, this now is for overall volume to puff out those cheeks.

You can always ask for free 91baby Real Self acne scar section for a second opinion if you wish. Many will tell you to do a bunch of energy devices though, with minimal improvement and you see to be responding well to the peels.

MemberMember
(@arug)

Posted : 11/23/2018 9:03 am

It will help the appearance of, but not completely resolve your scars. You will still need treatments every 3 months (for as long as you can stand/afford it). Filler will smooth out the surface as you wait to heal and improve.

I don't have any before/after pictures.

MemberMember
(@fredm)

Posted : 11/24/2018 6:43 am

I dont know if really it works, but I read several reports about using Volufiline or VoluPlus in face.

You can check this video:

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 11/26/2018 3:27 am

On 11/24/2018 at 12:33 AM, arug said:

It will help the appearance of, but not completely resolve your scars. You will still need treatments every 3 months (for as long as you can stand/afford it). Filler will smooth out the surface as you wait to heal and improve.

I don't have any before/after pictures. 

Thanks ill look into it! Its hard to find before/afters with this treatment for the entire area unfortunately!

Thanks BA always great advice :) ill keep continuing with the peels, just recieved my dermastamp to do that in between peels, im hoping combinkng the 2 will give more improvement than just peels. If only there was a way to keep your skin stretched 24/7 !!

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 11/29/2018 3:46 pm

If it`s only a volume issue. Can you also use botox instead of voluma filler? What are the advantages/disadvanteges?

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 01/08/2019 7:04 pm

Hi everyone! Just popping in to say ive purchased the 70% glycolic acid now as the 50% just isnt cutting it, my skin feels a little flaky for a couple days but thats the extent of it. I want something that flakes/peels more so im hoping the 70% is what i need. I should recieve it next week and will come back and let you know how i went :) im aware TCA would be the better peel here but theres just something about glycolic acid i cant get enough of?! Call me crazy. I just love it. 

Also just wondering if any of you have kept a peel on for about 15/20 mins? The highest i go is 6 but have seen others go about 15 minutes with good results, not sure how safe that is with a 70% acid though? Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/09/2019 2:18 pm

@91babyStart lower times with a higher acid until you get a feel for it and then do more or you can do a spot peel on one spot for a longer period of time.

91baby liked
MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/10/2019 10:15 am

I definitely recommend Sculptra followed by some RF Microneedling :) as BA said! Sculptra not only acts as a filler but also stimulates collagen production a few months after injection, it is also long lasting which is great.

MemberMember
(@motivated)

Posted : 01/12/2019 12:33 am

Hi i spent about 5hours reading thru All your posts. I see you are now only doing peels and will start dermastampwhich is microneedling. I didnt see anywhere on your post youspoke to anyone about dermastamp or sought any feedback about dermastamp so how did you end up deciding on purchasing dermastamp?

Dont you think you should give a higher % of TCA try now after 2 years of putting it off? I know you tried the low % and dont have the downtime but dont you think it could have cut your time in half?

You def have improved from 2 years ago. Has the filler dissolved fully? Will you go back to subsicion routines again?

Lastly, what would you do differently if you had to start all over again?

Thank you,

Motivated

MemberMember
(@vicky22)

Posted : 01/19/2019 8:16 pm

On 1/9/2019 at 4:04 AM, 91baby said:

Hi everyone! Just popping in to say ive purchased the 70% glycolic acid now as the 50% just isnt cutting it, my skin feels a little flaky for a couple days but thats the extent of it. I want something that flakes/peels more so im hoping the 70% is what i need. I should recieve it next week and will come back and let you know how i went :) im aware TCA would be the better peel here but theres just something about glycolic acid i cant get enough of?! Call me crazy. I just love it. 

Also just wondering if any of you have kept a peel on for about 15/20 mins? The highest i go is 6 but have seen others go about 15 minutes with good results, not sure how safe that is with a 70% acid though? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I just saw that you™re from Adelaide. Can you please tell where I could do a subcision in here? I™ve tried to google it but no results:( 

thank you. 

MemberMember
(@vicky22)

Posted : 01/20/2019 6:05 pm

On 1/9/2019 at 11:18 PM, beautifulambition said:

@91babyStart lower times with a higher acid until you get a feel for it and then do more or you can do a spot peel on one spot for a longer period of time.

Hello,

do u recommend any good doctors for treating acne scarsin South Australia?

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/21/2019 9:43 am

@Vicky22

The list of Dr's that are recommended is on the scar treatments main sub, find the faq, and the bottom of that guide. Lim many in AUS travel to for treatment and I believe you get medicare supplement.

MemberMember
(@vicky22)

Posted : 01/23/2019 10:41 pm

On 1/21/2019 at 6:43 PM, beautifulambition said:

@Vicky22

The list of Dr's that are recommended is on the scar treatments main sub, find the faq, and the bottom of that guide. Lim many in AUS travel to for treatment and I believe you get medicare supplement. 

Thank you. I™ve heard so much about Lim but he is in Brisbane and I™m in Adelaide :(   It™s hard to me to go there in every session I take. 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/24/2019 8:06 am

@Vicky22For AUS citizens he can use medicare rebate, not all derms do this. So it could save you a bunch of money even with a flight. Air BnB I am sure for a night or so before flying back wouldn't be hard. You could space treatments out twice a year or something. Otherwise in Adelaide, call the local derms, ask if they do nokor or cannular subcision. 91baby had only a regular needle done by a general derm. Or call the plastic surgeon's around your area and describe you need subcision for acne scars with a nokor or cannula, ask how many they have done(Should be several a month). IF not try the next major city nearby Melbourne or SYD.

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 02/03/2019 8:59 pm

I just did my first 70% glyoclic peel and can you believe it... it feels WEAKER than the 50%?!?!?! pretty disappointing.. it didnt bother me as much as the 50% and i felt like i could leave it on for longer.. so annoying.

In regards to sculptra - i was just put off fillers after my experience - a lot of money for no results - on top of that, i havent read any success stories using sculptra or seen any mind blowing before/after pictures. I feel like im running out of options and its really getting to me! I just kind of had it in my mind that peels in conjunction with my retin-a would get me to where i want to be (and i still believe it will) but it is SUCH a slow process. I hate that i can simply pull my skin tight and have smooth skin but modern science still cant help in a quick/overnight kind of way!

I KNOW i need to move onto TCA but it scares me, my partner doesnt know the way i feel about my scarring, we dont speak about it, i act like its not even a thing.. little does he know im doing peels, researching scar revision constantly, always looking at before/afters and new treatments etc.. he has NO idea - so to have downtime of a week or so where i cant wear makeup and my face is peeling like crazy (AND hes never seen me without makeup) will be very confronting 🙁

To respond to the person up there about microneedling ^ i didnt even do it, i just feel like my scars are too wide spread for it to be effective. I dont like the way my skin looks or feels after dermastamping.

To the person from S.A - my subcision was done by Catherine Black at the Glenelg Day Surgery - if you have a referral you will get a rebate - up front cost is around $200

I know I havent tried much but if someone could give me some suggestions on where to go from here that would be great -
things i will NOT do: any laser, phenol peel, excision
things i've tried: dermastamping/dermarolling, subsicion, glycolic 30%, 50% and now 70%, retin-a in conjuction with peels and on its own

Any further advice/suggestions would be much appreciated (and in regards to sculptra if you could direct me to anyone whos had success in this area that would be great)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/04/2019 8:12 am

@91baby Google Image search HIV Sculptra and HIV Lipodistrophy (pic below). Sculptra would be perfect for you (widespread scarring), injected with a cannula over dilute throughout the cheek area. It lasts a long time compared to HA filler.

Sculptra is not the HA filler you received before. Ha filler is used on individual pits. Yes I would move to TCA peels, especially if you have maxed on on Glycolic. You can do your peels at home and just do the over dilute sculptra (saline 19ml), it is injected deeply and stimulates collagen, see the pinned faq in the main scar treatments sub, goto treatment sucess, find f93d's post. 

Also would you even be against clear and brilliant, it's the gentlest laser there is and causes less damage than microneedling (Beams are tiny, and it works less than .5mm on the skin). Just a thought. IF not we can skip that. 

Sculptra Aesthetic Injections Greenwich CT

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 03/18/2019 7:53 pm

On 2/4/2019 at 11:42 PM, beautifulambition said:

@91baby Google Image search HIV Sculptra and HIV Lipodistrophy (pic below). Sculptra would be perfect for you (widespread scarring), injected with a cannula over dilute throughout the cheek area. It lasts a long time compared to HA filler.

Sculptra is not the HA filler you received before. Ha filler is used on individual pits. Yes I would move to TCA peels, especially if you have maxed on on Glycolic. You can do your peels at home and just do the over dilute sculptra (saline 19ml), it is injected deeply and stimulates collagen, see the pinned faq in the main scar treatments sub, goto treatment sucess, find f93d's post. 

Also would you even be against clear and brilliant, it's the gentlest laser there is and causes less damage than microneedling (Beams are tiny, and it works less than .5mm on the skin). Just a thought. IF not we can skip that. 

Sculptra Aesthetic Injections Greenwich CT

Hi again BA, I feel like from what I've seen so far, no one in my area really offers Sculptra and if they do there's no online reviews etc for the performing Doctor which makes life hard :( I think sculptra sounds promising its just finding someone to perform it - I dont want to waste money going to someone who isn't an expert in the field and then 'thinking' it doesnt work because the injector was crap, you know? Life is so hard! I haven't heard of clear and brilliant before, any success stories or reviews you can show me? I'm going to take a wild guess and assume no one in South Australia would perform that either. 

I saw from another post you think saline injections do nothing for scars. So you don't think they remodel/build collagen or anything like that?

Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 03/18/2019 8:22 pm

26 minutes ago, 91baby said:

Hi again BA, I feel like from what I've seen so far, no one in my area really offers Sculptra and if they do there's no online reviews etc for the performing Doctor which makes life hard :( I think sculptra sounds promising its just finding someone to perform it - I dont want to waste money going to someone who isn't an expert in the field and then 'thinking' it doesnt work because the injector was crap, you know? Life is so hard! I haven't heard of clear and brilliant before, any success stories or reviews you can show me? I'm going to take a wild guess and assume no one in South Australia would perform that either. 

I saw from another post you think saline injections do nothing for scars. So you don't think they remodel/build collagen or anything like that?

Thank you :)

Also, BA, when i research sculptra and look at before/afters, i can't seem to find ANY that are scarring related - and the ones I have found which are aging related etc dont look very dramatic which makes me fear the result wont be worth doing as I feel I need a dramatic change to feel my scars have improved - these results look very subtle?

Thanks!