Notifications
Clear all

3Yr Old Cystic Acne "bruise"

MemberMember
(@emwithacne)

Posted : 04/17/2015 5:39 pm

Hey guys.

I'm new here so I have no idea what to do, but here it goes;

3 years ago, a cyst formed under the skin on my left cheek - way(!) under the skin. I don't remember if I picked at it at the time, but I haven't for at least 2 years.

The thing is; twice has the inflammation gone up, but after treating it with antibiotics, the inflammation and swelling went down. It's still there, probably the size of a penny, but cyst isn't my main problem... that would be the hyperpigmentation, because the area around the cyst is purple, and has been for 3 years!

I'm 99% sure that this is unusual. I've tried Bio-oil, ACV, icing it, stuff like that, and was hoping maybe one of you guys knew of some voodoo or black magic to make this "bruise" go away?

MemberMember
(@emwithacne)

Posted : 09/08/2015 10:38 am

Guys? Do anyone else have this problem? :)

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 09/08/2015 2:20 pm

If it hasn't gone anywhere in 3 years, it is unlikely it will go anywhere soon. Your skin cells have already turned over many times without changing it, indicating that chemical peels are not going to work. I think your best option is to go to a dermatologist and get it removed. The purpleness is most likely caused by the pressure from the cyst on your surrounding skin.