Notifications
Clear all

What Can I Do To Clear My Skin W/pictures

MemberMember
(@seanym90)

Posted : 04/17/2015 10:16 am

Hi what do people suggest I do to help clear this scars/ red marks? There are all that left after I finished my accurate course and they are starting to get me down

post-463567-0-71391800-1429283785_thumb.

post-463567-0-43648100-1429283801_thumb.

MemberMember
(@seanym90)

Posted : 04/20/2015 12:50 am

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@euphonia)

Posted : 04/20/2015 7:08 am

How long have you been off accutane? (I assume you mean accutane rather than accurate).

It is important to refrain from doing anything too intensive with regards to scar treatment after coming off accutane for at least 6 months, although up to 12 months would probably be even better if possible.

I have heard (and I don't have first hand experience of this) that Glycolic Acid and Retin-A are effective in reducing and eliminating red marks. There are a range of scar treatments available; I think it is best to try and identfy which type of scars you have, and read up on which treatments are most suitable for reduction purposes of the scar types you have identified (I guess you could call this targeted treatment).

I think I can see a boxcar scar in the second picture, but I am not very good at identifying scar types, so please don't take my word for it. It is hard to tell what is a depression and what is a red mark at this point in time - all of your scarring looks quite new and fresh.

MemberMember
(@seanym90)

Posted : 04/21/2015 11:27 am

Hey I finished my accutane about 3 years ago and yes it is a boxcar scar and I know that most treatments for the redness and rolling scars want sort that but the boxcar doesn't bother me that much...and yes my scarring is probably about 18months if I remember correctly

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 04/21/2015 2:57 pm

Hey I finished my accutane about 3 years ago and yes it is a boxcar scar and I know that most treatments for the redness and rolling scars want sort that but the boxcar doesn't bother me that much...and yes my scarring is probably about 18months if I remember correctly

seany your scars arent that bad for the redness probz look at vbeam or be patient they will eventually fade for the boxcar scars look at excision, some sort of filler silicone microdroplet appears to work well on boxcar scars or subcision robertioo on here has a good post on this on the website.

MemberMember
(@seanym90)

Posted : 04/25/2015 5:24 am

I was thinking about trying aha or bah creams/lotions does anyone have any more insight into these?

MemberMember
(@mimz3)

Posted : 04/30/2015 10:05 pm

Hello Sean,

The scars are not that visible and deep luckily! I have similar box-car scars that I have been treating with the following products that you may want to research:

Zax's Dark Spot Cream

Newco's Broccogen Lotion & Ointment

(^They have a regimen on their website for acne)

Mederma Scar Gel

Derma E Scar Gel

Derma E Refining Vitamin & Glycolic Cleanser

Derma E Very Clear Scrub

Let me know if you have any questions on trying a few of these natural products for your scars!

SeanyM90 liked
MemberMember
(@seanym90)

Posted : 05/04/2015 1:25 pm

Hello Sean,

The scars are not that visible and deep luckily! I have similar box-car scars that I have been treating with the following products that you may want to research:

Zax's Dark Spot Cream

Newco's Broccogen Lotion & Ointment

(^They have a regimen on their website for acne)

Mederma Scar Gel

Derma E Scar Gel

Derma E Refining Vitamin & Glycolic Cleanser

Derma E Very Clear Scrub

Let me know if you have any questions on trying a few of these natural products for your scars!

I have oily and sensitive skin so I'm sceptical about anything I try...which do you recommended if best for this skin type and would fetch me the best results?

MemberMember
(@loverofallthingslovely)

Posted : 05/04/2015 3:06 pm

Dermarolling/needling works great for boxcar scars! Plus very little downtime. I've had both lasers and needling and I prefer the latter :) good luck!

SeanyM90 liked
MemberMember
(@seanym90)

Posted : 05/05/2015 1:32 am

I have thought about trying the derma roller as it's not that expensive...but I've herd a lot of people say they gained nothing out of doing it? Also that brocco fusion lotion is good for acne but I'm more concerned about my scars and red marks tbh