Notifications
Clear all

What Is The Best Scar Solution For My Scar?

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/27/2015 11:05 am

If it's bothering you so much and no procedure seems to work try fillers.

The latest pic is actually "good lighting",It looks much worse with shadows and certain light.I'm going to try the silicone scar sheets and red light therapy first before i attempt fillers.The doctor did say it takes a full year to heal and it has not been 6 months yet,I will keep everyone posted if anything seems to help.

Thank you for the responses! :)

Silicone sheets are for raised scarring, not depressed, you'd actually be encouraging more atrophy. As for red light therapy, that is questionable at best and I wouldn't waste any time or money on it, the evidence just isn't there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_therapy#Wound_healing

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/29/2015 7:53 pm

I don't think silicone scar sheets will cause more atrophy. It only helps to flatten and normalize the color in raised scars, but definitely does not cause atrophy. The only way something like that will cause atrophy is if you have the kind that has a strong topical steroid coated on the sheets themselves. Cordran tape is a tape of medical tape that is impregnated with a topical steroid. It's true though that it does nothing for indented scarring.

This widened / stretched excision scar is EXACTLY what happened to me after I got a large area of scarring excised on my left cheek. It literally looked like perfection for about a month, and I thought I hit jackpot and was cured of my worst scars. Of course, over a few months it stretched and deepened, and looked much worse than pre-excision. Mine was much much worse than yours. You could definitely attempt subcision and suctioning. Before doing permanent fillers, try a TEMPORARY filler first to see if can improve the scar. Then you can consider permanent fillers like Bellafill. Of course permanent fillers present their own issues, namely inflammation and granulomas that can happen anytime from months or years after injection.