Notifications
Clear all

What Is The Best Scar Solution For My Scar?

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 04/11/2015 2:09 am

Just wanted to pop in to say that it looks great, won't be able to notice anything was ever there after awhile.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/13/2015 12:56 pm

Just wanted to pop in to say that it looks great, won't be able to notice anything was ever there after awhile.

Thank you!! It's taking longer than i thought to heal,but hopefully it will continue to look better and better! Thank you so much for the encouragement!! :)

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/13/2015 8:24 pm

Keep the incision taped ! That will help prevent the scar from spreading over time due to tension which would make it widen and depressed.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/14/2015 10:14 am

looking good! i bet it looks even better now :)

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/22/2015 3:04 pm

Definitely taking a while to heal.The doctor said it takes a full year for scars to fully heal.Would be much better if the chin stitch didn't pop,but that was a really tough area.I'm hoping things continue to get better..pic taken with makeup on..Scars are pinkish purple

post-366447-0-35711000-1429732942_thumb.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/23/2015 9:32 am

its definitely looking a lot better! the healing time sucks but i think you will be really glad you did this. i think in a few more months those scars will be fairly non-existent.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/23/2015 11:41 am

its definitely looking a lot better! the healing time sucks but i think you will be really glad you did this. i think in a few more months those scars will be fairly non-existent.

Thank you so much for the encouragement!! I do appreciate it lots!! :)

tracy521 liked
MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:20 pm

Looks great! Thanks so much for sharing. Great pics too! I wish you all the best.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/26/2015 5:30 pm

Looks great! Thanks so much for sharing. Great pics too! I wish you all the best.

Thank you!! :)

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 04/29/2015 7:57 am

any updates on how the scars are looking

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/29/2015 2:30 pm

any updates on how the scars are looking

Still discolored and needs to fade.It's not too bad with makeup.The doctor said the scars will be 30% healed in 3 months..60% healed in 6 months and a full year to fully heal.

I have been taping them at night.I think it helps with the swelling.They are getting better and better,but the doctor is right..This will take some time.I don't heal as fast as i used to since i'm in my 40's ;)

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/29/2015 9:44 pm

Just wondering when you started putting makeup on again?

I'm healing from my first punch excision right now. A small one to start. The stitch comes out on Fri. I hope to wear makeup by the Mon when I go back to work. Is that too soon?

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/30/2015 1:51 pm

I'm healing from my first punch excision right now. A small one to start. The stitch comes out on Fri. I hope to wear makeup by the Mon when I go back to work. Is that too soon?

I started make up right after the stitches were out. I would think it would be ok as long as there are no open sores. You might want to ask your doctor though

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 06/02/2015 2:55 pm

Hi, how's it going now? Getting better every day I hope!

I re-did my excision and got the stitches out on Friday. It looked totally flat but now the scar seems indented or the area around it is swollen...or a combination of both? Did you notice the same? Did it seem to look worse a few days out from your stitch removal?

Just feeling a bit worried right now. Could use some reassurance...

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 08/17/2015 12:16 pm

I started make up right after the stitches were out. I would think it would be ok as long as there are no open sores. You might want to ask your doctor though

Any updates

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 08/17/2015 1:24 pm

My scar is definitely still healing! It seems like it's stretched and a little indented.I did some needling with a needle stamp. Hoping it will start to look better soon :( Looking at the pics it looked better before right when the stitches came out. I had been taping it at night,but it did not prevent the streatched look

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 08/17/2015 8:19 pm

Keep the incision taped ! That will help prevent the scar from spreading over time due to tension which would make it widen and depressed.

Yup!! It definitely widened even though i taped it at night.The chin one healed better than the cheek.I think because the cheek has more movement it stretched the scar more.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 08/20/2015 7:51 am

My scar is definitely still healing! It seems like it's stretched and a little indented.I did some needling with a needle stamp. Hoping it will start to look better soon :( Looking at the pics it looked better before right when the stitches came out. I had been taping it at night,but it did not prevent the streatched look

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/20/2015 9:11 am

You should consider a resurfacing procedure.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 08/22/2015 5:27 pm

Current pic with makeup :(

post-366447-0-32890100-1440282462.jpg

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 08/22/2015 7:03 pm

If it's bothering you so much and no procedure seems to work try fillers.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 08/22/2015 7:34 pm

a permanent one*

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 08/22/2015 7:35 pm

If it's bothering you so much and no procedure seems to work try fillers.

The latest pic is actually "good lighting",It looks much worse with shadows and certain light.I'm going to try the silicone scar sheets and red light therapy first before i attempt fillers.The doctor did say it takes a full year to heal and it has not been 6 months yet,I will keep everyone posted if anything seems to help.

Thank you for the responses! :)

MemberMember
(@adam128)

Posted : 08/22/2015 10:00 pm

Be patient, and just wait and see how your skin looks in 6 months. You still look great with or without scars.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 08/27/2015 6:12 am

Be patient, and just wait and see how your skin looks in 6 months. You still look great with or without scars.

Thankyou!!!! :)