Notifications
Clear all

Leftover Acne Marks

MemberMember
(@joshsagir)

Posted : 02/21/2015 8:20 am

red acne marks-so before i tell my story and my skins story i want to give information about myself,im 16,i live in england and i have had acne since i was around 12,i have an unbalanced diet and i dont do much or any sports,my skin is mostly dry but can sometimes get a little oily,i dont have any active acne maybe just 1 or 2 small whitehead,on both cheeks i have moderate acne marks some dark,some light,i have tried many many many acne products and natural oils,lotions,masks,diet change ect.... i like many other people have been on this website looking for answer for months and months and tried several suggestions but all have failed,until now.

about 6 months ago i went on holiday to florida for a month,my skin before going was not perfect but pretty clear,i didnt have any worries about it or how i looked,i then came back of holiday and oh boy did i have a shock,i looked in the mirror in my bathroom and my face had whiteheads,cysts,marks,i was mortified,i hadnt been paying attention to it on holiday hence why i only noticed when i came home,for weeks and months after i tried various methods such as the caveman method,only water method,spot creams,tea tree oil,nothing worked,i then told my mum to take me to the doctors to get it checked,at first they aid it was just puberty and gave me duac,that cleared up all my active spots with in weeks,i was so happy,then ll of a sudden i noticed i did not have spots anyore but i had infact had around 30 acne marks all over my cheeks,i was so upset,i didnt want to go out of the house,i covered my face in public,i couldnt talk to anyone close up this went on for months,i then told my mum i wanted to see a derm,they said it my marks were deep,nut treatable and gave me zineryt wich made my face 10x worse and really dry,they i had an excellent skin care regime but nothing was happening,i tried home remidies like,potatoe juice,cucumbers,lemons,salt and water,toothepaste,suocrem and NOTHING!!! until about 2 months ago i went back to the doctors and told them nothing was changing,they gave me duac again and antibiotics,but for some reason unlike the first time duac made my face really REALLY red and it burned,i figured this was because i was not moisturizing,i thn started to moisturize and then put on the duac and this helped quite a lot,but the changes were still nothing amazing,after a month of doing this i went BACK to the doctors and said i need to get rid of these annoying red marks,they gave me finacea and another lot of anntibiotics,my skin care routine is now: wash my face with warm water,use a face wash and leave on for 5-10 mins,i then use aloe vera moisturizer all over the face and let it soak in for around 5 mins,i then apply the finacea to calm down and reduce the redness of the marks i leave this on all day untill 7pm and agin i then wash my face with warm water making sure i get rid of all the finace i then use HONEY to also shrink and reduce redness i leave this on fr 15 mins before washing tht off,i then moiistrize AGAIN. i then wait for around 30 mins-1 hour after 1 hour i apply the duac to get rid of bacteria and shrink the marks and help the redness of them,i leave it on all night before washing it off in the morning,so far ive been doing this for about 3 weeks and im going to be honest i am seeing imporovemnts in both size and the redness of the annoying marks,i only use the honey on sat and sunday due it being quite drying for the skin,i hope this help and pls BE PATIENT UR SKIN WILL GET BETTER !!!! thank you for reading