Notifications
Clear all

Laser Surgery For Severe Acne Scarring On Back And Chest

MemberMember
(@tom8181993)

Posted : 02/21/2015 5:34 pm

So when I was 16 I had a severe breakout on my chest and back which has left me with hypertrophic scars all over my upper chest and upper back. It has wrecked my life and my self-confidence. I have not taken my top off in front of anybody other than a doctor in 5 years now. I just want to be able to go on my first holiday and take my top off and not be worried about what people thing.

I have been having injections to shrink the hypertrophic scars down to skin level.

Now I am considering getting C02 ablative surgery to try and get my skin as close to normal as possible.

Has anybody ever have this or any of laser surgery performed and what were your results like?

MemberMember
(@jessicals)

Posted : 06/05/2015 5:21 am

I haven't had experience with treatment for these types of scarring, but I hope someone who has replies, I have had these scars for a long time too and I am 25 this year and I honestly don't know how much longer I can cope with them. Every summer I stay covered up and I haven't been to the beach or swimming in several years and I must make excuses. I hope you manage to find something that works for you.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 06/06/2015 10:33 am

As you can tell by my signature, I have had Repair 5 times. With that said I cannot comment on its efficacy for raised scars.