Notifications
Clear all

Please Help With These Scars

MemberMember
(@emanuella90)

Posted : 02/18/2015 5:28 am

Could anybody help what should I use to get rid of these scars?

I have attached two photos of how they look.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

post-449885-0-63149500-1424255284_thumb.post-449885-0-83871500-1424255306_thumb.

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 02/18/2015 11:45 am

Hey emanuella90,

Judging from your pictures, I believe you have a mixture of predominatly pitted scars and shallow boxcar scars.

The common procedure for ice pit scars are TCA cross. After a few session of this treatment, an ablative laser would help to smooth up the rest.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Scarredemon

MemberMember
(@emanuella90)

Posted : 02/18/2015 12:14 pm

Hey emanuella90,

Judging from your pictures, I believe you have a mixture of predominatly pitted scars and shallow boxcar scars.

The common procedure for ice pit scars are TCA cross. After a few session of this treatment, an ablative laser would help to smooth up the rest.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Scarredemon

Hey, thank you for your replay!

I never heard of TCA cross, but I will definitely read about this treatment.

May I just double check if I can do this at home or shall I go to a cosmetologist ?

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 02/19/2015 2:27 am

Hey emanuella90,

Good luck!

Cheers,

Scarredemon

Hey, thank you for your replay!

I never heard of TCA cross, but I will definitely read about this treatment.

May I just double check if I can do this at home or shall I go to a cosmetologist ?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there again,

Some doctors would usually recommend excision for small pitted scars and stitch it back up. Essentially, youre trading one scar for another (linear) which is aesthetically better looking. While others choose to use TCA cross which is a strong acid dipped in a toothpick and placed carefully on the scars to burn the scar tissue and allow collagen to refill the area.

From experience, excision is either a hit or miss gamble. Though, mine are boxcar scars, Ive traded it for wider but shallower through that procedure.

IMHO, TCA cross is a strong acid solution hence I would prefer you to see a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon instead of a cosmetologist or doing by yourself. Having said that, Im not sure if they do sell high concentration of these acids to the general public.

Good luck!

Cheers

MemberMember
(@emanuella90)

Posted : 02/19/2015 10:29 am

Thank you for your helpful replay!

I also read about the 'glycolic acid peel' do you think this will work on my type of screen? Also, what percentage would you recommend ?

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 02/22/2015 3:03 am

That's all right

Glycolic acid peel also known as Alpha hydroxy acid peels (AHA) is considered as a superficial peel. Some have noticed a difference with their depressed scars after using such peels as the main goal of all peels is to slough off dead skin cells and build collagen in the long run. Without a doubt, it may give your skin a glow after usage. Ive read people using a significant high percentage (50% strength and above) at home. Again, I would like to cautious you that if done incorrectly, additional scarring might occur. I have had a couple of AHA peel (65%) done at my derms office. It was for my cystic acne- dried them out quicker to reduce the pain from the inflammation. Result for reducing acne was good, however, my scars were way too deep for any noticeable effect. If you are adamant to do something at home, by yourself, I would suggest derma-rolling. Its essentially using a roller with needles to induce injury to the skin. With that injury, the body will stimulate a response to repair the areas via building collagen. Owndoc.com is a site where many recommended purchasing their tools.

As for AHA peels, I'm not too sure which percentage at home is good and safe at the same time. Sorry.

Good luck! Cheers

MemberMember
(@emanuella90)

Posted : 02/26/2015 5:45 am

That's all right

Glycolic acid peel also known as Alpha hydroxy acid peels (AHA) is considered as a superficial peel. Some have noticed a difference with their depressed scars after using such peels as the main goal of all peels is to slough off dead skin cells and build collagen in the long run. Without a doubt, it may give your skin a glow after usage. I™ve read people using a significant high percentage (50% strength and above) at home. Again, I would like to cautious you that if done incorrectly, additional scarring might occur. I have had a couple of AHA peel (65%) done at my derm™s office. It was for my cystic acne- dried them out quicker to reduce the pain from the inflammation. Result for reducing acne was good, however, my scars were way too deep for any noticeable effect. If you are adamant to do something at home, by yourself, I would suggest derma-rolling. It™s essentially using a roller with needles to induce injury to the skin. With that injury, the body will stimulate a response to repair the areas via building collagen. Owndoc.com is a site where many recommended purchasing their tools.

As for AHA peels, I'm not too sure which percentage at home is good and safe at the same time. Sorry.

Good luck! Cheers

All right, thanks for this :) you are really helpful.

Yes, I think for the chemical peels I would go to a dermatologist first and I will see how my skin tolerates the peel.

I am thinking of buying a derma- roller and I though of the 1.0 mm one or perhaps 0.5 mm not too sure, I am planning on using a vitamin c serum once I derma- rolled my skin so it might help with the scars as well.

What size of derma roller would you recommend for my scars? they are not too deep but still annoyingly visible.

Thanks a lot again!