Notifications
Clear all

Should I Use Dermapen At 19?!

MemberMember
(@fruitsamurai)

Posted : 12/07/2014 6:01 pm

Hello people,

I have had hyperpigmentation for a long while now, 4 years roughly, following my moderate acne. I have read about the effects of Dermapen, this may be the thing which could help me.

However, here is were my doubts set in, am I too young to use the Dermapen? I thought maybe wait until 21, when I am fully developed?

Please let me know what you think, or if you have any comments, suggestions

Kind Regards,

Fruit Samurai

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/07/2014 6:13 pm

I would guess your skin is already fully developed at your age. I'd actually think you'd have better healing capabilities the younger you are. If you don't want to use a dermapen/roller you could still use AHAs which really help hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@gtr)

Posted : 12/07/2014 9:03 pm

Are you still having breakout? If not, I would suggest using the dermaroller/pen. If you still have breakout avoid those areas. Many people on the forums have regims as to how they use their dermaroller/pen for a clear face. Search though threads to get a better understanding on how and when to use the dermaroller/pen. =]

MemberMember
(@fruitsamurai)

Posted : 12/08/2014 5:28 pm

Thanks for the response guys. I'd rather not do it myself, afraid that I would mess something up. There is a clinic nearby where they do them. Regarding the breakouts, I haven't had breakouts in a long time.

Thanks for the tip regarding the AHA, I will look into it.

Anything else is appreciated!