Notifications
Clear all

First Time Tca Peel Strength

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 12/07/2014 7:52 pm

I have a 15% tca peel from skin obsession coming in next week. I've never done a peel, so I was thinking I should dilute it in half to less than 8%. I'm just debating it in my mind. I want results, I want this to be worth it. I've researched about peels, and I know it's recommended to start with lighter peels, or at least start with 8%. I can't afford multiple bottles right now, so I just commited right into the tca peel.

I've seen videos of people doing their first peel at 15% and doing fine, so it's tempting. Do you think it be stupid of me to start at 15 instead of 7.5?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/07/2014 9:56 pm

This is such a coincidence because I just got the 15% TCA peel from skin obsession and did my first peel on Friday. I diluted it to 8% and wound up applying 2 layers because they first layer didn't feel like much to me. My skin is used to glycolic peels, though. A few days after the peel my skin just feels dry. I'll probably get a few flakes, but I don't think my skin will peel off in sheets like with a deeper TCA peel. I think it's best to start slow and work your way up. Better to be safe than sorry!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/07/2014 11:09 pm

I did a small test spot on my forehead but I have bangs....the 15% frosted and then peeled away, not a great look, so do a test spot first then assuming no reaction you'll want a day or two of downtime for this peel, not a lot but you'll be peeling

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 12/08/2014 9:56 pm

This is such a coincidence because I just got the 15% TCA peel from skin obsession and did my first peel on Friday. I diluted it to 8% and wound up applying 2 layers because they first layer didn't feel like much to me. My skin is used to glycolic peels, though. A few days after the peel my skin just feels dry. I'll probably get a few flakes, but I don't think my skin will peel off in sheets like with a deeper TCA peel. I think it's best to start slow and work your way up. Better to be safe than sorry!

This was so good to hear! I hadn't heard any experiences with skin obsession, so I was a little worried if their product was okay. It put me at ease.

I just went all in with the 15%, being impatient and desperate lol. It wasn't bad at all! The sting was minor. My skin feels normal now a couple hours later, even after doing two layers and frosting on some areas. I don't see myself peeling that much either. I already marked my calendar for my second peel in a month, but at least now I don't feel nervous.

Are you guys using a Q-tip as an applicator? Skin obession suggests using gauze they provide, but I was worried it would get on my fingers wth that. I prefer the Qtip but I don't know if I applied enough this time.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/08/2014 10:01 pm

This was so good to hear! I hadn't heard any experiences with skin obsession, so I was a little worried if their product was okay. It put me at ease.

I just went all in with the 15%, being impatient and desperate lol. It wasn't bad at all! The sting was minor. My skin feels normal now a couple hours later, even after doing two layers and frosting on some areas. I don't see myself peeling that much either. I already marked my calendar for my second peel in a month, but at least now I don't feel nervous.

Are you guys using a Q-tip as an applicator? Skin obession suggests using gauze they provide, but I was worried it would get on my fingers wth that. I prefer the Qtip but I don't know if I applied enough this time.

Glad to hear you had a good experience! I use the gauze provided and then gauze I get from the grocery store. Some tca gets on my fingers but it doesn't sting. I just run my fingers with water afterward and there are no issues.