Notifications
Clear all

Advice Needed On My Acne Scar Removal Treatment! (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@antoniogramsci)

Posted : 07/05/2014 7:20 am

Dr. Roller dermarollers are high quality and expensive rollers. I used them for one year. Now I use only dermastamps. Dermastamps are less painful, less risky and they are better for targeting specific scars. Most people use 1.5mm, including me. On my forehead I use 1.0mm.

Hi Marco, thanks for the advice! Just before I read your comment I indeed purchased a 1.5mm roller for my cheeks and a 1.0mm dermastamp for my temples and forehead. How spooky! So how often do you 'stamp'? Are there any tips or rolling/stamping patterns that I should be aware of? Have you seen any positive results so far?

Cheers

I stamp once every 4-8 weeks. Sarah Vaughter has the best instructions for dermarolling/stamping available on the internet. That's more or less what I do.

http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

As for results, my shallow scars look better, but the improvements are so slow. I can't estimate a percentage yet. I saw the first changes 7 months after I started, but I didn't use any topical product back then. Now I use Copper peptides and a vitamin A cream and I'm reaching the conclusion that topicals are as important as the dermaneedling itself.

Yeah, I've also bought the copper peptide and vitamin A cream. Hopefully, I will see some slight improvement. My roller arrived today! Can anyone recommend a good (alcohol) sterilizer for the blades that I can buy on the high street?

MemberMember
(@antoniogramsci)

Posted : 07/10/2014 7:32 am

I had my first dermarolling session last night. I used 1.5mm on my cheeks. The area where I rolled is still quite red but only stings when I apply pressure to it. Is this normal? Also, the 70% ethanol that I applied on the area before rolling resulted in a strong burning sensation that lasted a while. Is this normal?

I must have microswelling as all my large indents have completely disappeared. Wish it would just stay like this but without the redness!

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 07/11/2014 1:13 am

I had my first dermarolling session last night. I used 1.5mm on my cheeks. The area where I rolled is still quite red but only stings when I apply pressure to it. Is this normal? Also, the 70% ethanol that I applied on the area before rolling resulted in a strong burning sensation that lasted a while. Is this normal?

I must have microswelling as all my large indents have completely disappeared. Wish it would just stay like this but without the redness!

Redness and sensible skin are expected for some days after the treatment. It's normal. During a week or so after each needling session my skin also stings if I apply pressure to it.

I use 70% ethyl alcohol. Is it the same as ethanol? I feel a mild burning sensation for about 5 seconds.

My microswelling takes four weeks to completely subside. After that my scars basically go back to what they were before the needling, The permanent improvement after each session is small. According to Bethany (a knowlegdeable Essencial Day Spa user) most people start to see improvements 6 months after they started needling. According to Sarah Vaughter (from owndoc) it takes 10-12 months to get some results. So it is important not to give up if the scars do not improve after these first few treatments. Only some lucky guys see results from the beggining.

Regards

MemberMember
(@antoniogramsci)

Posted : 07/11/2014 10:57 am

Redness and sensible skin are expected for some days after the treatment. It's normal. During a week or so after each needling session my skin also stings if I apply pressure to it.

I use 70% ethyl alcohol. Is it the same as ethanol? I feel a mild burning sensation for about 5 seconds.

My microswelling takes four weeks to completely subside. After that my scars basically go back to what they were before the needling, The permanent improvement after each session is small. According to Bethany (a knowlegdeable Essencial Day Spa user) most people start to see improvements 6 months after they started needling. According to Sarah Vaughter (from owndoc) it takes 10-12 months to get some results. So it is important not to give up if the scars do not improve after these first few treatments. Only some lucky guys see results from the beggining.

Regards

Hi marco, thanks for the reassurance! My skin is not as red today though it still looks like I've been sun burnt a bit. As for the ethanol, it's obviously a different solution but I'm almost certain it does the same trick - disinfect and sterilize. It's called surgical spirit and I bought it from Boots.Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones but if not then slow improvement is fine too!