Notifications
Clear all

Will These 'scars' Or 'marks' Go Away After My Accutane Treatment? Please Give Me Some Feedback

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 01/31/2014 11:42 pm

This is how my right face looks like

1544968_10152558086487166_1518119585_n.j

I've never broken out like this before. Before Accutane, my face looks 100x better compared to now. I'm taking Accutane because I've been battling mild acne since I was on 5th grade. I have blackheads all over my face. Although accutane has removed all of those blackheads (yes miraculous), it leaves me these horrendous scars. Before accutane, I would pick on my face all the time and sometimes I would leave a wound, but it always heals within a week MAX, and my face looks back to normal with no scars.

Now, even though I dont pick on my face, it gives me scars that never go away. Isn't it quite ironic?

I'm on month 5 and I've kinda stopped breaking out, thanks to the cortisone injections i got yesterday, otherwise i would still have actives right now. I'm kinda losing hope and I'm depressed as hell. I'm starting to really really regret my accutane decision..

I mean this used to be my skin before accutane:

image.jpg

It looked sooo clear on camera (well at least when it's distanced).

Do I have any hope of clearing these out guys? I'm so sad right now

MemberMember
(@katerinap)

Posted : 02/01/2014 1:13 am

Try to get a prescription from your derm. I recommend Tazorac 0.5% Gel or if your skin is dry/sensitive or dries out easily get the cream. Or both samples. Lol. When I used this my scarring started fading the first week and I was amazed because I have really fair skin and it did wonders on my scars. I use Retin-A now but Tazorac was the product for scarring. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 02/01/2014 4:13 am

Try to get a prescription from your derm. I recommend Tazorac 0.5% Gel or if your skin is dry/sensitive or dries out easily get the cream. Or both samples. Lol. When I used this my scarring started fading the first week and I was amazed because I have really fair skin and it did wonders on my scars. I use Retin-A now but Tazorac was the product for scarring. Hope this helps!

Is it safe to use while you're on accutane? I'm going to ask my derm on my next visit, but that'll be a month from now... which will be my last month of accutane treatment lol

hopefully by next month i wont have the need to ask him for Tazorac or other creams 🙁

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/01/2014 10:12 am

i mean i would never go on accutane just for mild acne

MemberMember
(@katerinap)

Posted : 02/01/2014 9:34 pm

On 2/1/2014 at 3:13 PM, koons0789 said:
On 2/1/2014 at 12:13 PM, KaterinaP said:

Is it safe to use while you're on accutane? I'm going to ask my derm on my next visit, but that'll be a month from now... which will be my last month of accutane treatment lol

hopefully by next month i wont have the need to ask him for Tazorac or other creams sad.png

I have heard that it is and it isn't just because of how much Accutane can cause your skin to dry out. I would def ask your derm, call them if you can, ask him if you want to go a head and work on the scarring as well. He should be able to give you samples of it. If your skin is dry from the accutane then I would say try the cream first and if it doesn't bother you bump it up to Taz 0.5 gel. It got rid of most of my scarring within two weeks. If your skin is still dry I would recommend Simple Rich Moisturizer to put with it. Just apply your retinoid right before bed, wait 30 minutes and then apply moisturizer. I am also going to post a link to something on Amazon that might help. I used this mask when I was also using a retinoid and my derm looked at the ingredients and said that it was safe to use and healthy. I just washed my face with a gentle cleanser and then applied this. You have to mix it with a q-tip or a toothpick, it is a little more liquid than solid but I just globbed it on. Lol. It won't fade them super fast but you can try to use this if your derm won't give you Taz yet. Good luck!

https://www.amazon.com/Concha-Nacar-Perlop-Natural-Bleach/dp/B000XPC8MA/