Notifications
Clear all

Letting Go And Living With It

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/16/2013 5:17 am

It is actually the worst thing anyone has said here as far as I know. EagerMiner clearly has much bigger issues than just acne scars.

MemberMember
(@scarcrash)

Posted : 11/16/2013 6:52 pm

Aquasea,

If you don't mind, peddle your "naturalnews" propaganda over in the holistic health forum.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/16/2013 7:07 pm

eating healthy food plays a big role in acne IF YOU DONT EAT RIGHT YOU GET ACNE ITS SIMPLE

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 11/16/2013 7:36 pm

Scarcrash, I have the right to defend my assertions on this thread or anywhere else people wrongly accuse me or misrepresent my views. I'm not peddling propaganda. Perhaps you could help yourself by listening to alternate points of view (and other natural health therapy options), instead of cultivating a defeatist attitude? Cheers smile.png

eating healthy food plays a big role in acne IF YOU DONT EAT RIGHT YOU GET ACNE ITS SIMPLE

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 11/16/2013 10:24 pm

Your only source is the naturalnews website...Yes, I do know the soursop can potentially help people with breast cancer, but most of the other stuff is not proven in reputable scientific journals. Ozone is actually quite dangerous and has killed many people.

Pubmed, which has journals from all across the world, doesn't have many journals that agree with your contention.

I ate completely healthy in my teen years and still got acne btw. Went vegan, gluten free, and paleo...and still got bad acne.

MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 11/16/2013 11:33 pm

Your only source is the naturalnews website...Yes, I do know the soursop can potentially help people with breast cancer, but most of the other stuff is not proven in reputable scientific journals. Ozone is actually quite dangerous and has killed many people.

Pubmed, which has journals from all across the world, doesn't have many journals that agree with your contention.

I ate completely healthy in my teen years and still got acne btw. Went vegan, gluten free, and paleo...and still got bad acne.

Same. My mom used to always feed me wholesome meals with stuff we got out of our garden - and I too broke out really bad in my late teens.

I think that eating a healthy diet can be helpful, but it isn't a cure to acne. To think that would be sadly an opinion of ignorance.

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 11/17/2013 12:22 am

Scarcrash, I have the right to defend my assertions on this thread or anywhere else people wrongly accuse me or misrepresent my views. I'm not peddling propaganda. Perhaps you could help yourself by listening to alternate points of view (and other natural health therapy options), instead of cultivating a defeatist attitude? Cheers smile.png

Well-said LeadingForce !!! smile.png

However, that isn't on topic anymore (and never was - I shouldn't have continued it either). Why are you ignoring my private message to continue this debate though? That would be on topic. Perhaps you could help yourself by defending your alternate points of view instead of spreading it without valid sources (that probably sounds aggressive but I genuinely don't mean it to sound so).

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/17/2013 9:26 am

overall never give up , noone has time to wait it out and living with it because by that time you will get acne scars so take your skin into your own hands once you find the root of it

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 11/17/2013 10:00 am

MemberMember
(@scarcrash)

Posted : 11/17/2013 11:59 am

overall never give up , noone has time to wait it out and living with it because by that time you will get acne scars so take your skin into your own hands once you find the root of it

Nothing was ever stated or implied that one should live with acne. Of course one should seek to get their acne under control. This thread has been hijacked and has now become very confused.

This thread was originally about the current impossibility of acne scar removal and the inevitable acceptance that we, as acne scar sufferers, must at some point come to terms with. I think it is wise to employ professional help during this acceptance, such as cognitive behavioral therapy and would be helpful to learn a technique like mindfulness meditation that can help one isolate and diffuse negative emotions resulting from one's acne scars.

Personally I believe the sooner one seeks help the better, as perpetually extending false expectations and hopes will only lead to a greater crash later.

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 11/17/2013 1:18 pm

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/17/2013 1:49 pm

Nothing was ever stated or implied that one should live with acne. Of course one should seek to get their acne under control. This thread has been hijacked and has now become very confused.

This thread was originally about the current impossibility of acne scar removal and the inevitable acceptance that we, as acne scar sufferers, must at some point come to terms with. I think it is wise to employ professional help during this acceptance, such as cognitive behavioral therapy and would be helpful to learn a technique like mindfulness meditation that can help one isolate and diffuse negative emotions resulting from one's acne scars.

Personally I believe the sooner one seeks help the better, as perpetually extending false expectations and hopes will only lead to a greater crash later.

I do think that most men (at least the ones been ravaged by acne and specifically scars), are more than happy to move on. The real reason we are fighting to the death for further treatments is that most women won't accept men with acne scars, that leaves us in the position of being alone for life. We have no choice but to try to fix what is deemed unacceptable by most women.

Trying to accept our disadvantage (that we had no control over) without a fight is like telling unemployed people with no education/qualification to stop looking for jobs. Of course the person might never have a job, but why give up?

This is ridiculous. I've seen tons of attractive men with both acne and acne scars.

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 11/17/2013 1:58 pm

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/17/2013 4:00 pm

Having normal skin is not necessary at all if you have a heart of gold, a positive attitude and enough self esteem not to be bothered by some scars. Most women are looking for a man who would be a good husband/long-term partner and possibly a good father, and not just some hunk with perfect looks. It's not a high priority. Things might be somewhat different with casual hook-ups and one-night stands (I've never been very interested in those, so not an expert), but I assume you're looking for a girlfriend instead of just getting laid.

The biggest issue with your scarring is really only in your head, you have to realize that. No one else could care less about it. I know I have trouble coming to terms with it myself, but the more I pay attention to others' reactions the more I notice that people really aren't looking at my scarring when they talk to me, they're looking at me and listening to what I say and the scarring doesn't affect anything at all.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/17/2013 8:40 pm

This forum is about treating acne scars, not a place to espouse one's world / political views on "immorality of eating meat." Saying acne scars is treatable by diet is ridiculous and insulting to those who suffer from bad scarring. It blames the victim, and perpetuates the idea that people who suffer from acne / scars are lazy, unhealthy, unclean, and inferior. No amount of eating vegetables or rubbing lemon juice will do jack for scars.

Would eating a healthy diet help in the healing process AFTER a procedure? Sure, but on it's own will do jack for scars.

MemberMember
(@scarcrash)

Posted : 11/17/2013 9:08 pm

The biggest issue with your scarring is really only in your head, you have to realize that.

Yes, this^

MemberMember
(@getridofscars1405)

Posted : 11/17/2013 10:54 pm

hang in there guys! you are all beautiful.

MemberMember
(@mbbento)

Posted : 11/17/2013 11:51 pm

I'm never giving up. In a way, I can respect what you're saying, but I'm not giving up on treating my scars until I'm in the grave.

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 11/18/2013 8:41 am