Notifications
Clear all

Enerjet Works For Scars - My Experience.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 06/22/2014 11:48 am

you can normally get a discount with anything in life if you get is en mass i.e 10 people or more

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 07/04/2014 4:24 am

Hi all,

Was just wondering if there are any updates from those who have undergone treatment. Also, has anyone who has undergone the treatment noticed improvement in skin texture and hydration? I'm looking at getting this treatment done not only for my scarring, but also for my dehydrated skin which looks sunken, hollow, sallow and lined. :/

On various clinic sites and the Perfaction website, it states how it revitalises aged looking, dehydrated skin also, yet I would prefer real testimonials over what these sites state.

Thanks all!!!

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 07/05/2014 8:25 am

Good luck with that!

MemberMember
(@limeyman)

Posted : 07/16/2014 11:55 am

hi everyone, long time lurker first time poster, i had this treatment about two weeks ago at phi clinic( formerly viva clinic) with Dr Tapans assistant, the treatment itself was slightly painful, and there was some bleeding, my face looked bumpy straight after, which lasted about a day, then i had red pinpoint marks which scabbed and fell of in around 4 days. it looked like my skin had was going to do great then, but it was just swelling. Two weeks later and no noticable difference in my rolling and boxcar scars, my scars are moderate with one deep one. no visible improvement whatsoever :(

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/16/2014 9:57 pm

The concept behind this treatment sounds very similar to saline injections which is also a form of chemical subcision. Very interesting.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/17/2014 4:36 pm

hi everyone, long time lurker first time poster, i had this treatment about two weeks ago at phi clinic( formerly viva clinic) with Dr Tapans assistant, the treatment itself was slightly painful, and there was some bleeding, my face looked bumpy straight after, which lasted about a day, then i had red pinpoint marks which scabbed and fell of in around 4 days. it looked like my skin had was going to do great then, but it was just swelling. Two weeks later and no noticable difference in my rolling and boxcar scars, my scars are moderate with one deep one. no visible improvement whatsoever

dont be discouraged, results happen over the course of 2-3 months,

MemberMember
(@limeyman)

Posted : 07/18/2014 4:09 pm

Yeah but it feels like nothing has happened, while the op gets 50% improvement. I dunno if the doc used a lower setting for me or something

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 07/20/2014 6:11 pm

Hi all,

Okay um I have a few questions, seeing as I considering this treatment in the next few months:

1) is there an 'optimal' setting for this treatment, and if so, what is it?

2) does the hyaluronic acid used in the temp filler cause breakouts? Indeed, do fillers such as Juverderm voluma etc cause breakouts?

3) what are the skin hydration levels like after treatments? Are they improved?

Thanks all

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/20/2014 6:19 pm

Well you shouldn't inject any filler in an area that is breaking out in active acne. The fillers in and of themselves don't cause breakouts, but certainly anything done to irritate the skin in an area with active acne can exacerbate it.

Sydboi liked
MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 07/20/2014 9:18 pm

Well you shouldn't inject any filler in an area that is breaking out in active acne. The fillers in and of themselves don't cause breakouts, but certainly anything done to irritate the skin in an area with active acne can exacerbate it.

Thanks BlahBlah, your advice is always helpful :)

I am looking at doing Airgent/Enerjet from my mid face to my temples where I have more of my scarring. I'm also thinking of maybe voluma just to make the area fuller so it doesn't look like I've had volume loss. I only get occasional pimples in this region now, my more active acne is my chin atm. I was just worried that perhaps the fillers would overstimulate the sebaceous glands or something, or perhaps the body would get rid of the substance through the skin as pimples. Sounds silly I know, but as I'm sure everyone else on here knows, you become paranoid with acne.

Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 08/04/2014 3:39 am

I have a question. Excuse my ignorance, but when the hyaluronic acid disperses laterally, could this cause some sort of micro scarring??

From what I understand, this procedure helps the skin in three main ways: 1) a subcision like effect from the hyaluronic acid being dispersed at high pressure and helping break tethered scars. 2) a needling like effect by creating micro channels in the skin (without needles, but with air, I.e. Air channels), with the laterally dispersed filler stretching fibroblasts and stimulating collagen and elastin production. Collagen and elastin is stimulated like when the skin is needled. 3) the immediate plumping effect of the hyaluronic acid, which also helps bind moisture under the skin, helping dry and dehydrated skin. The hyaluronic acid is eventually re absorbed, but by then, collagen and elastin has been produced to help fill out the space which the hyaluronic acid had previously filled.

Is this correct?

And I'm definitely not trying to put this procedure down in any way, as this is possibly my next step as soon as my acne has been under control for longer. I just want to know of any possible side effects, as I cannot find much on side effects besides the pinpoint bleeding, scabbing and bruising.

Also, any updates from those who have undergone treatment?

Thanks so much guys and girls.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 08/04/2014 6:59 am

I'd also be really interested in hearing any updates from anyone- good or bad.

MemberMember
(@girlinhiding)

Posted : 01/09/2015 10:10 am

Hi guys

I've posted this same message in another thread but have realsied that this has more recent posts. I've recently just been made aware of Enerjet and I am contemplating it. I've been reading into different scar treatments for YEARS and just as I seem to decide to go with something...my acne flares up :(

My skin has been good recently and I really want to take the plunge. I am of South Asian origin (Bangladeshi) and I would say my skin tone is medium, I have a combination of ice pick and boxcar scars and from my understanding, I need to find a way to remove the tethering that is holding these scars down and then find a way to build enough collagen to soften them...and then hopefully some sort of surface treatment like a peel or something to get best results.

I originally wanted to do needling and have bought the device from own doc, its called the derminator, however their site does mention that some deep scars may need to be released in some form of subcision for best results. I only found 2 places in London that seem to do subcision treatments (I really expected more for such a simple treatment!!!) and called both of them up. The second clinic is the Viva clinic and when I inquired about subcision, the receptionist mentioned enerjet. I've googled it and it does seem to offer some from of subcision effect as the hyaluronic acid seems to lift the tethering from what I can gather from the pictures and also the hyaluronic acid really softens and fills some scars nicely.

Am I wrong? If this happens and my body's own natural collagen then takes over and keeps the scars elevated then this would be great and after some months I would be happy to start needling to boost the collagen. My concern is whether this lift will be permanent as it says 'long lasting' but it does not mention it being permanent...so does this mean the scars will become tethered again after a certain period of time? The recommendation is to get at least 3 treatments which are £500 each so I am looking at £1500.

There is also another system I've seen which is Picosure with Focus Lens Array...which seems to be attractive in the sense that there doesn't seem to be a significant downtime as there are with other lasers...but Dr Tapan's clinic doesn't offer this...however I might mention it to him to get his thoughts...I'd be happy to be his guinea pig if he wants to trial it!! My concern again is that it is so new and I can't seem to find too many reviews or pictures about its effectiveness on actual scars apart from their publicity ones. It costs around £200 per treatment and from what I've gathered, I will need something between 4-8 to get noticeable effect. That's between £800-£1600.

So what should I go with??? Options 2 and 3 are expensive...but if they work it will be worth the price...but do I risk it or are they too good to be true?

Subcision with needling afterwards

Enerjet

Picosure FLA

Any thoughts, stories and suggestion would be more than welcome.

MemberMember
(@fishpie)

Posted : 06/18/2015 5:56 am

Hey I am also thinking of undertaking some kind of treatment, have you gone to see Dr Patel in Viva-clinic ? Let us know how it goes!!

Hi guys

I've posted this same message in another thread but have realsied that this has more recent posts. I've recently just been made aware of Enerjet and I am contemplating it. I've been reading into different scar treatments for YEARS and just as I seem to decide to go with something...my acne flares up :(

My skin has been good recently and I really want to take the plunge. I am of South Asian origin (Bangladeshi) and I would say my skin tone is medium, I have a combination of ice pick and boxcar scars and from my understanding, I need to find a way to remove the tethering that is holding these scars down and then find a way to build enough collagen to soften them...and then hopefully some sort of surface treatment like a peel or something to get best results.

I originally wanted to do needling and have bought the device from own doc, its called the derminator, however their site does mention that some deep scars may need to be released in some form of subcision for best results. I only found 2 places in London that seem to do subcision treatments (I really expected more for such a simple treatment!!!) and called both of them up. The second clinic is the Viva clinic and when I inquired about subcision, the receptionist mentioned enerjet. I've googled it and it does seem to offer some from of subcision effect as the hyaluronic acid seems to lift the tethering from what I can gather from the pictures and also the hyaluronic acid really softens and fills some scars nicely.

Am I wrong? If this happens and my body's own natural collagen then takes over and keeps the scars elevated then this would be great and after some months I would be happy to start needling to boost the collagen. My concern is whether this lift will be permanent as it says 'long lasting' but it does not mention it being permanent...so does this mean the scars will become tethered again after a certain period of time? The recommendation is to get at least 3 treatments which are £500 each so I am looking at £1500.

There is also another system I've seen which is Picosure with Focus Lens Array...which seems to be attractive in the sense that there doesn't seem to be a significant downtime as there are with other lasers...but Dr Tapan's clinic doesn't offer this...however I might mention it to him to get his thoughts...I'd be happy to be his guinea pig if he wants to trial it!! My concern again is that it is so new and I can't seem to find too many reviews or pictures about its effectiveness on actual scars apart from their publicity ones. It costs around £200 per treatment and from what I've gathered, I will need something between 4-8 to get noticeable effect. That's between £800-£1600.

So what should I go with??? Options 2 and 3 are expensive...but if they work it will be worth the price...but do I risk it or are they too good to be true?

Subcision with needling afterwards

Enerjet

Picosure FLA

Any thoughts, stories and suggestion would be more than welcome.