Notifications
Clear all

Airgent For Acne Scarring

MemberMember
(@hi-kkkkkkkkk)

Posted : 03/12/2014 12:40 pm

Hello,

Just an update as well on airgent.

I also had a second session with dr. matta 5 weeks ago, this time with PRP injections(vampire facelift) at the same time to boost results.

I must say that the results are mediocre but there are still results, nonetheless. I don't think PRP injections actually made a difference though because this session's results are almost the same as the first one. I remember after the 1st treatment, during the 2nd-3rd month I started seeing the most improvement. So i'm only on my 5th week right now and I'm hoping to get further improvement in the next following months. My *LARGE* boxcars showed good improvement, however my icepicks and smaller boxcars barely responded to this treatment. I also have burn scars from TCA cross and those didn't respond what so ever either. I'm probably going to look for a better treament, if the results dont come through in the following months because I have a loooot of icepicks.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 03/12/2014 4:25 pm

I'm not surprised they didn't work for ice picks because those kinds of scars are just to dense / thick with scar tissue.

MemberMember
(@adam128)

Posted : 04/12/2014 11:05 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@taurus_girl)

Posted : 04/13/2014 3:40 pm

Hello, Just an update as well on airgent. I also had a second session with dr. matta 5 weeks ago, this time with PRP injections(vampire facelift) at the same time to boost results. I must say that the results are mediocre but there are still results, nonetheless. I don't think PRP injections actually made a difference though because this session's results are almost the same as the first one. I remember after the 1st treatment, during the 2nd-3rd month I started seeing the most improvement. So i'm only on my 5th week right now and I'm hoping to get further improvement in the next following months. My *LARGE* boxcars showed good improvement, however my icepicks and smaller boxcars barely responded to this treatment. I also have burn scars from TCA cross and those didn't respond what so ever either. I'm probably going to look for a better treament, if the results dont come through in the following months because I have a loooot of icepicks.

Sighhhhh, did you notice a difference in your overall skin texture? If you have large pores, did it have any effect on those?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/21/2014 2:56 am

Any updates from people who've tried Airgent / Enerjet? Allek and No_hope, what's your take on it so far?

No_hope, I know you said you liked the results from Enerjet, but disliked the fact that the filler can add too much volume to the cheeks and make your face rounder. Just a thought, but couldn't they just use plain old saline so that you get the benefit of the subcision-like effect, but avoid the drawback of adding more filler to the face? The saline would dissipate within a day at most. I feel like I've read about that. It would be fair of them to charge less for just plain saline, since you are not using an expensive hyaluronic acid filler like say Juvederm or Restylane.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/22/2014 6:56 pm

Any updates from people who've tried Airgent / Enerjet? Allek and No_hope, what's your take on it so far?

No_hope, I know you said you liked the results from Enerjet, but disliked the fact that the filler can add too much volume to the cheeks and make your face rounder. Just a thought, but couldn't they just use plain old saline so that you get the benefit of the subcision-like effect, but avoid the drawback of adding more filler to the face? The saline would dissipate within a day at most. I feel like I've read about that. It would be fair of them to charge less for just plain saline, since you are not using an expensive hyaluronic acid filler like say Juvederm or Restylane.

since my treatments took a turn after my second enerjet treatment when i started to venture into needling with fractora/intracel its hard too say. u have a good point with the saline, maybe? i would have to msg dr.matta and ask him if he can do that. the whole adding volume to the dace is whats making me hesitant into trying it again.

MemberMember
(@bellerophon)

Posted : 05/23/2014 10:07 am

Hi guys,

I've had an Enerjet treatment with Dr. Patel in London 11 days ago. First off let me say that I think Dr. Patel is a nice guy, he listened well and made me feel comfortable. He also made me mark the scars that bother me the most with a pencil to make sure he wouldn't miss scars. The treatment was painless for me and it was over quick. My face looked dreaful afterwards but I did not care. I'm not from the UK so I had to fly back to my country the same day. I wore a hoodie and a few hours after the treatment when I was on the airport the swelling was down and you could only see red marks. I did not feel uncomfortable. I even tried flirting with a girl because I forgot my face looked like shit.

The red marks became small scabs, and those fell off after about 4-5 days. I have some hyper-pigmentation left because I have coloured skin. But i'm sure this will go away in a few weeks.

Unfortunately the Dr. missed some of the most important scars, or he hit the borders but not the centre. I did not notice that until I came home. I guess it's hard to aim with the machine. My next treatment is in a few weeks, I will make sure he hits every single one of my scars perfectly that time.

My scars are rolling type scars. In the past I was able to remove a few boxcars and icepicks for 97 percent, using dermarolling, needling, tca, and fraxel laser.

Unfortunately the dermarolling destroyed some firmness in my right cheek, which I have to correct using Sculptra now every year.

The rolling scars are what's left over and they are really stubborn, They do not respond to dermastamping, needling, fraxel, or tca.

So after reading postive stories about Enerjet I decided to go for it.

So far the results are not really dramatic. 11 days after the treatment I think some scars are a little more blended in with the rest of the skin and a little more shallow.

I think about 10-20 percent improvement. My next treatment is in a few weeks and I will make sure all the scars get the full Enerjet deal this time. After this second Enerjet treatment I will wait for a while to see if the scarring will improve and thus if it is a good idea to continue the Enerjet journey.

I will keep updating in this topic. And am very wiling to anwser any questions. So feel free to ask them.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/23/2014 7:15 pm

Hi guys,

I've had an Enerjet treatment with Dr. Patel in London 11 days ago. First off let me say that I think Dr. Patel is a nice guy, he listened well and made me feel comfortable. He also made me mark the scars that bother me the most with a pencil to make sure he wouldn't miss scars. The treatment was painless for me and it was over quick. My face looked dreaful afterwards but I did not care. I'm not from the UK so I had to fly back to my country the same day. I wore a hoodie and a few hours after the treatment when I was on the airport the swelling was down and you could only see red marks. I did not feel uncomfortable. I even tried flirting with a girl because I forgot my face looked like shit.

The red marks became small scabs, and those fell off after about 4-5 days. I have some hyper-pigmentation left because I have coloured skin. But i'm sure this will go away in a few weeks.

Unfortunately the Dr. missed some of the most important scars, or he hit the borders but not the centre. I did not notice that until I came home. I guess it's hard to aim with the machine. My next treatment is in a few weeks, I will make sure he hits every single one of my scars perfectly that time.

My scars are rolling type scars. In the past I was able to remove a few boxcars and icepicks for 97 percent, using dermarolling, needling, tca, and fraxel laser.

Unfortunately the dermarolling destroyed some firmness in my right cheek, which I have to correct using Sculptra now every year.

The rolling scars are what's left over and they are really stubborn, They do not respond to dermastamping, needling, fraxel, or tca.

So far the results are not really dramatic. 11 days after the treatment I think some scars are a little more blended in with the rest of the skin and a little more shallow.

I think about 10-20 percent improvement. My next treatment is in a few weeks and I will make sure all the scars get the full Enerjet deal this time. After this second Enerjet treatment I will wait for a while to see if the scarring will improve and thus if it is a good idea to continue the Enerjet journey.

I will keep updating in this topic. And am very wiling to anwser any questions. So feel free to ask them.

im glad you decided to embark on the enerjet journey :) the same thing happened to me the first time the doc missed some important scars and it was really frustrating for me. i cant comment on rolling scars but im pretty sure you will receive improvement. so for the ice pick and boxcars can you explain exactly what your regimen was? its interesting too hear you got 97 percent improvement on them. please let me know as those are the kind of scars i have. as for enerjet you will continue too see improvement over the next 1-3 months so look forward to that. next time make sure you dont leave until the doc hits every single scar.good luck

MemberMember
(@bellerophon)

Posted : 05/28/2014 6:14 am

Hi guys,

im glad you decided to embark on the enerjet journey the same thing happened to me the first time the doc missed some important scars and it was really frustrating for me. i cant comment on rolling scars but im pretty sure you will receive improvement. so for the ice pick and boxcars can you explain exactly what your regimen was? its interesting too hear you got 97 percent improvement on them. please let me know as those are the kind of scars i have. as for enerjet you will continue too see improvement over the next 1-3 months so look forward to that. next time make sure you dont leave until the doc hits every single scar.good luck

Thanks, I'm glad too! The missed scars was frustrating indeed, but on the other hand it motivated me to get it done extra good with my next treatment.

For the ice pick and boxcars I removed for 97 percent (I can only see them in very very bad lighting when I'm 1 inch away from a mirror) I did the following:

I started dermarolling with an 1.5 cm roller. I rolled very agressive and hit a lot of good skin too. I regret this because it schredded my tissue deep inside and caused volume loss in one side of my face.

After that I individually needled the scars, I think I rolled and needled the icepicks and boxcars about 6 or 8 times. This gave me about 20 percent improvement.

I did not continue though, because the process was very slow and I felt I was destroying good skin too.

So after that I tried tca cross. I did about 6 crosses with 100 percent tca. This went with ups and downs, I had accidents a few times and there were moments I thought I had messed my skin up. But in the end everything healed just fine.

At first I thought the crosses did nothing for my scars, but 6 months later I noticed the scars were filled up for 80 percent. So about 60 percent from the crosses.

Then I had fraxel treatments, 6 in total. I did this to improve the texture of my skin. But after a year of laser treatments, I notices the scars had become invisable. I couldn't see them anymore under normal circumstances.

The fraxel was the finishing touch for those ice picks and boxcars.

So there you have it. I came a long way but managed to improve my skin using a lot of different treaments. The only thing I'm stuck with now are 2 rolling scars on both my cheeks, so 4 in total. These scars did not respond to any of the above treatments. Hence my Enerjet treatment.

I will update about this in a next post to prevent confusion.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@bellerophon)

Posted : 05/28/2014 6:32 am

Okay so here's my 2 week Enerjet update.

The hyperpigmentation is starting to fade. I must say my skin looks fuller and more healthy.

I understand the comments about the fillers making your face look a bit fuller. But personally I like this effect because like I said in previous posts. I lost some volume due to dermarolling. So this is now corrected somewhat.

My rolling scars have improved. I can look in my most hated mirror now without feeling really bad about the way the scars look. They filled in and a bit and blended with the surrounding skin. So i'm starting to get happier by the day.

I'm looking forward to the second treatment in 2 weeks, this time I will make sure every single scar is hit perfectly and I hope this will give some good results on top of this.

At the moment I do not regret getting this treatment done, I think it has potential.

I will update before and after my second treatment in June.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/28/2014 8:31 pm

Okay so here's my 2 week Enerjet update.

The hyperpigmentation is starting to fade. I must say my skin looks fuller and more healthy.

I understand the comments about the fillers making your face look a bit fuller. But personally I like this effect because like I said in previous posts. I lost some volume due to dermarolling. So this is now corrected somewhat.

My rolling scars have improved. I can look in my most hated mirror now without feeling really bad about the way the scars look. They filled in and a bit and blended with the surrounding skin. So i'm starting to get happier by the day.

I'm looking forward to the second treatment in 2 weeks, this time I will make sure every single scar is hit perfectly and I hope this will give some good results on top of this.

At the moment I do not regret getting this treatment done, I think it has potential.

I will update before and after my second treatment in June.

im absolutley amazed and admire your acne scar journey. i assume it was over the course of a couple years? it seems you most of your improvement from tca cross . im super hesitant too try tca cross due too fear of many bad reviews ive read. i wish i had done what you have done. too almost erradicate your ice pick and box scars is like a dream come true also like being born again. your story is really inspiring my friend. im glad your receiving improvement from enerjet makes me feel good to know that i have influenced people too go and try enerjet and receivie positive results,

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/23/2014 5:22 pm

so i messaged dr. matta in regards for an alternative substance instead of HA such as saline and this is his reply.'' I know of saline subcision, it can be used, but the manufacturer still recommends a higher molecular weight substance such as hyaluronic acid. I have done both.

There is a hyaluronic acid called teosyal redensity 1, which is non cross linked HA, so it is broken down in 3 -4 days, but acts as a good vehicle.
Just to let you know, prices went up in January 2014 due to higher costs. Standard treatment with any HA is $750, saline is $700. Time premiums apply if one wants more time than the 30 minute appointment.
Have a great day.
Dr Matta''
Can anyone shed some info on teosyal redensity 1?
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/24/2014 12:11 am

I think it's a new class of hyaluronic acid fillers. Most hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane or Juvederm are cross-linked. Normal hyaluronic acid is not cross-linked so it is constantly being created and destroyed by the body. Cross-linking makes the HA harder to break down, and that's why the filler is able to last for months as opposed to being quickly metabolized by the body like natural HA. Crosslinking turns HA from a liquid into a thick, viscous gel.

They use this uncrosslinked HA for procedures called mesotherapy, which is big in Europe but not in North America. It's basically using non-crosslinked HA to rehydrate the skin and to inject very superficially to help fine lines. If you injected this, it would dissipate quickly like the doctor said, which would solve the problem of more filler causing your face to look fatter and rounder.

Too bad he doesn't offer much of a discount for using just saline solution, but at least we know that it is possible with other substances.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/24/2014 7:38 pm

I think it's a new class of hyaluronic acid fillers. Most hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane or Juvederm are cross-linked. Normal hyaluronic acid is not cross-linked so it is constantly being created and destroyed by the body. Cross-linking makes the HA harder to break down, and that's why the filler is able to last for months as opposed to being quickly metabolized by the body like natural HA. Crosslinking turns HA from a liquid into a thick, viscous gel.

They use this uncrosslinked HA for procedures called mesotherapy, which is big in Europe but not in North America. It's basically using non-crosslinked HA to rehydrate the skin and to inject very superficially to help fine lines. If you injected this, it would dissipate quickly like the doctor said, which would solve the problem of more filler causing your face to look fatter and rounder.

e

Too bad he doesn't offer much of a discount for using just saline solution, but at least we know that it is possible with other substances

thanks for your reply. i did a bit of research on real self. its seems this type of filler is used on lips mainly as a lip enhancer. there was quite a few negative reviews on this. some claim the filler lasts months so im a bit confused since the filler is not supposed to be cross linked.

in my case im abit worried because i still have filler in my face and it has been 7.5 months since i had my last enerjet session. i wanna wait until the filler is re absorbed into my body before going ahead with third treatment. the great amount of volume added is a big turn off for me so this non crosslinked filler seems ideal. i wish enerjet didnt have this side effect its such a bummer. its great for those who dont mind having volume added to there face though.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/25/2014 3:59 am

Yeah I totally feel you on the volume thing. I had filler done in the past for acne scars and it was not done skillfully. I looked bloated and way overinjected. It clearly looked like I had some sort of "work" done. As a guy, the last thing you want people to notice is that you've had obvious cosmetic work on your face. I'm surprised the volume has lasted so long for you. Which filler brand did they use?

You might want to take those reviews on Realself with a grain of salt. If I've learned anything, it's that most people are surprisingly ignorant about medical procedures. For God's sake people still dont' know the difference between Fraxel Restore and Repair, so forget about them understanding what crosslinked and non crosslinked means. If it is not cross linked, it cannot survive in the body very long.

no_hope liked
MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/26/2014 7:23 pm

ya man trust me! its so embarrasing too look like you have had work done on the face especially for guys. im pretty hesitant to get filler again especially since i still have filler in my face. i belive he used juvederm on me. its most obvious when i smile my face looks way fatter.

i think im gonna go ahead with a second intracel treatment since ive gotten alright results from the first.

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 08/06/2014 5:05 pm

Bump.

Hey no_hope, how is your progress coming along? :)

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 08/23/2014 4:04 am

Bumping again,

Please, if anyone who has had this procedure can update their progress? Any side effects?

My scarring is getting me so, so, so down. I don't see any great future. I have an appointment to see a dermatologist in Australia to see if I can have this done. I still have some acne see, though I only get a couple of little pimples per week now randomly, and they go away quite quick. I haven't had any acne cysts for the last three months (well except one when my aesthetician did extractions and two became infected and merged into one cyst)

Thank you again

MemberMember
(@limeyman)

Posted : 08/24/2014 1:39 pm

I've had the second treatment for enerjet 2 weeks ago at phi clinic, London. To be honest I haven't really seen any improvement. The nurse did say it would take 3 treatments and laser to get rid of these damn scars.

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 08/24/2014 9:01 pm

I've had the second treatment for enerjet 2 weeks ago at phi clinic, London. To be honest I haven't really seen any improvement. The nurse did say it would take 3 treatments and laser to get rid of these damn scars.

Hi Limeyman,

Sorry about your skin woes. Just a few questions:

What type of scarring and skin texture did you have previously?

Did the plumping effect of the filler used make your skin plumper, nicer, more even?

How much improvement would you say you had?

Do you still have active acne? Did this procedure cause you to break out?

Thanks much!

MemberMember
(@limeyman)

Posted : 08/25/2014 3:47 am

I have mainly boxcar and ice pick scars, some are deep and some are superficial, had my first treatment in July, and the second a month after. I've done tca cross and chemical peels before which really messed up my skin giving it a sort of orange peel texture and very discoloured. I think 2 weeks after the second improvement I'll put it at 10% better, though I can't really be sure. The nurse said my scars have improved but I'm not really seeing much. I have the odd pimple here and there, about one or two a month. I did get a singe pimple after the first treatment but none at after the second. The treatment did make my face plumper for about 4 days but after that it went back to normal. The pigmentation marks from the treatment is still there after two weeks but they are starting to fade.

MemberMember
(@kudang)

Posted : 12/04/2014 10:37 am

It would be really great to see the immediate aftermath to mentally prepare for it.

I found this video on youtube, and the welts afterwards are very big. I can imagine that you would look hideous immediately post op. If one had to fly in for this procedure, it would be pretty embarrassing to have to walk through an airport looking like that LOL.

Austra asked a great question about the fullness in the cheeks after Airgent. I've had fillers before for acne scars and they always seem to over-inject, giving a very bloated, full appearance to the cheeks. It just looks odd. I wonder if Airgent just spreads the filler so diffusely that after the swelling goes down, you will look normal and NOT like you had filler done. I absolutely hate that overfilled look, which I've experienced in the past.

No_Hope, did you find that you still looked normal and not "done" after all the swelling went down? Exactly how many days does it really take to be fully presentable in public after swelling and redness has gone?

I wonder when someone will bring this to the US?

HI therte.. im very new here .. just created an account coz i saw your post on airgent... im in canada im gonna have my scars assess on dec 17th... and im hoping the dr recommends airgent .. my question is,, does it work?? im a little nervous... i tried a lot of things... hope airgent works for me

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/06/2015 10:10 pm

Hi everyone. Its been a long time since I've been on the org but the good news is I'm back. So to sum it all up enerjet won't cure box scars or ice picks or rolling scars but it can make them softer which improves the appearence which is the good part. Another good thing is it tones your skin well blending the scars with the surrounding skin which makes a huge difference. So is enerjet worth it? My answer is yes but like all treatments it has side effects which can be a downer. The side effect I experienced which I didn't like was the extra fullness my face had because of the filler. Its obvious when you smile. Besides that and the down time its pretty good. Like I said it won't cure your scars but it can improve them. I'll gladly answer any question's.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 02/07/2015 7:32 am

I know it's been discussed, but wouldn't using sterile saline take care of that problem? Perhaps to get the most out of the treatment you need a hyaluronic acid to act as a spacer to prevent the scars from reattaching.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/07/2015 8:49 am

I know it's been discussed, but wouldn't using sterile saline take care of that problem? Perhaps to get the most out of the treatment you need a hyaluronic acid to act as a spacer to prevent the scars from reattaching.

Sorry I don't follow take care of what problem? The fullness?