Notifications
Clear all

You Want To See Cortisone Dent

MemberMember
(@orchird)

Posted : 08/20/2023 4:19 am

Hi im new here. Im so desperate now. Anyone here encounter hypopigmentation/skin discoloration together with the dent after the injection?

Will it go away?

MemberMember
(@dentonface)

Posted : 08/29/2023 3:03 am

Thats dope that it filled in!! I really appreciate your update. Im going through it right now and it gives me hope knowing that yours healed. Debating on getting filler at my derm appointment tomorrow but I may hold back now as its only been 2 months. It feels like it hasnt improved in the past 2 months, though it sounds like your progression was the same. Thank you again!

MemberMember
(@dentonface)

Posted : 08/29/2023 3:09 am

@orchird yeah I have both hyper and hypopigmentation with the divot. Sorry that youre going through this. @Sim and Lira said theres popped back in, so its giving me hope.

MemberMember
(@orchird)

Posted : 08/29/2023 7:29 pm

@dentonface its almost 2 months now and no improvement yet. im going to get filler nxt week. but i dont know what to do with the hypopigmentation. some says it will stay. hopefully not.

MemberMember
(@dentonface)

Posted : 08/31/2023 5:28 pm

@orchird Some members have said theirs popped back in but let me know how the fillers go if you go through with it. I think the hypopigmentation may go away once its popped back up whether naturally or with fillers.

MemberMember
(@dentonface)

Posted : 09/17/2023 4:23 am

@orchird update?

MemberMember
(@crushed1123)

Posted : 12/30/2023 4:35 pm

I have read through this whole thread and hoping anyone can help! As a few of you know how distressing this atrophy can be from a cortisone shot!

I had one like a month ago; have done so in past and if it ever left a dent I went back for a drop of filler. This time I have a HUGE dent on my cheek and the filler hasnt worked! Done it like 2 times now and subcision was done as well. Its been over a month now and it seems the filler is just doing nothing ifanything its worse. AND Ive noticed small hairs growing on the dark spot of the dent.

plsssss anyone tell me this gets better?! The fact that filler isnt working is panicking me!
any success stories to give me some peace of mind! Its so upsetting honestly and In certain lighting it Just completely leaves me in shock as it looks so severe!

MemberMember
(@slothysnoop123)

Posted : 01/24/2024 6:29 pm

Posted by: @Dentonface

@orchird yeah I have both hyper and hypopigmentation with the divot. Sorry that youre going through this. @Sim and Lira said theres popped back in, so its giving me hope.

Going through the same thing. Any updates on yours? @dentonface

MemberMember
(@slothysnoop123)

Posted : 01/24/2024 6:33 pm

Posted by: @crushed1123

I have read through this whole thread and hoping anyone can help! As a few of you know how distressing this atrophy can be from a cortisone shot!

I had one like a month ago; have done so in past and if it ever left a dent I went back for a drop of filler. This time I have a HUGE dent on my cheek and the filler hasnt worked! Done it like 2 times now and subcision was done as well. Its been over a month now and it seems the filler is just doing nothing ifanything its worse. AND Ive noticed small hairs growing on the dark spot of the dent.

plsssss anyone tell me this gets better?! The fact that filler isnt working is panicking me!
any success stories to give me some peace of mind! Its so upsetting honestly and In certain lighting it Just completely leaves me in shock as it looks so severe!

I am going through the same thing. Mine has been there for about 1 month. I have had a couple rounds of saline injections but minimal progress has been made. Any updates from you?

MemberMember
(@slothysnoop123)

Posted : 01/24/2024 6:37 pm

Posted by: @Shellbyskin101

Hey anyone whose kenalog atrophy resolved reply to me?!!!? I really need help i have many dents on my face due to 10mg/ml injected several times. Its been 4 weaks and I dont know if i see any improvement or its worsening!! I see them all the time cant tell what is happening. How long does it take? And what are the chances if they are permanent? Like how do we examine?! Its the same i dunno wht do to ! Pls help!! Pls

Did yours ever get better? Going through the same thing! Ugh!

MemberMember
(@dentonface)

Posted : 01/24/2024 9:04 pm

@slothysnoop123 yeah it does get better. I DMd crushed and spoke with her. I did a couple saline injections but not sure if they helped. Time was definitely the thing that worked. Took like 6 months for me. Sorry youre going through this. I have read every single post on this thread multiple times myself. You will get through this so hang in there.

MemberMember
(@slothysnoop123)

Posted : 01/28/2024 5:22 pm

@dentonface thank you SO MUCH for the reply. I am so distressed about my dent, and hearing that yours has improved gives me hope. Did you have any discoloration at all? I feel like mine is hypo and hyper pigmented at the same time. Im trying to stay positive but every time I look in the mirror it is so discouraging.

MemberMember
(@crushed1123)

Posted : 02/02/2024 2:13 am

Hi all

just thought Id return to give an update as Im sure it will help people.
so I had my cortisone shot mid November? Crazy atrophy on my cheek followed all through December to mid January even looked like it was getting worse! Went to another dr as all the filler I added made it worse! So he said to leave alone he said saline is useless as the solution is gone and its the result of the fat shrinking and told me to get a derma roller .5 and do nightly on the area. Im not sure if it was that or time but it started to fill up. At first I didnt believe and thought maybe I was swollen but just kept getting better. Literally the crater in my face was all through November to mid January. It changed that week I started dermarolling.
the odd hair I had growing there was a good sign I guess something brewing and they apparently use the shots to stimulate hair growth. The odd patch of hair is gone it filled up and I just have a small hyperpigmentation spot which is no big deal after having a crater on my face!!
im not sure what happened this time as my dr is very experienced and honestly I loved cortisone shots for the odd blemish. I have alot of events and they always make an appearance then! No other time. My dr in the states uses a laser if I feel something coming so not sure what Ill do in the future. This summer they used a cortisone shot and I had a bit of a dent and filled it in with filler like in past and they dont even charge me. But this time it was not working on my cheek. I say this as if you have the atrophy on chin etc try fillet it usually helped me in past.
I also must say I took a crazy amount of collagen. Supplements and bone broth lol I dont know if it helped but my knees cracked less so a win nonetheless.
I think time and stimulation helped me. Worth trying dermarolling!
best of luck

MemberMember
(@melodybaker)

Posted : 02/10/2024 5:45 pm

Posted by: @NextDefinition

HiA@Liralee, have you been seeing progress with your atrophy?A

I recently had a deep atrophy after getting a cortisone shot injectedAthat appearedAover a month ago.AI wasAdevastated after it sunk in and left me with a deep dent (bigger than my cyst) that I figured would stay on my face for months.A

Iave found products thataveA(almost) healed the deep crevice,Aso I figured Iad drop them for you, seeing as they were relatively cheap, natural and didnat require surgery or fillers.

A

a Doctors Best: Collagen Types 1 and 3 with Peptan 1000 mg tablets (taking two pills twice a day)

a Dr. Christopheras Complete Bone & Tissue 440Amg tablets (taking two pills twice a day)

a Dr. Christopheras Complete Bone & TissueAtopical ointment (applying/massagingAinto the dent atAnight)

A

Keep in mind this has helped my face TREMENDOUSLY in just three weeks, see attached for my progress photos.

I hope these suggestions help, or that youare on your way to healing fast! I really think having time and patience with skin is key to seeing results. Try your best not to overthinkAit too much (even though I know thatas hard) andAlet your body do the healing. Best of luck to you!

690C3D5E-5C54-4A21-98F7-D9E162A3C11C.jpeg

I know this is years later but thank you so much for posting this. Im struggling with the same thing and your results are so amazing and inspiring. I just bought everything you listed and am going to start your regimen asap. Thank you for this

MemberMember
(@slothysnoop123)

Posted : 02/21/2024 10:52 am

@khanrifa0987gmail-com did this resolve? I am experiencing the same thing.