Notifications
Clear all

Concealer Post Subscision

MemberMember
(@felinephonixgmail-com)

Posted : 05/08/2013 1:30 pm

Hi guys,

Do you happen to know a good product which can eventually conceal the yellowish colour which remains long after the bruise heals?

I have to go in public by day 10 after the procedure. From my previous experience it takes 15-20 days for complete fading. It`s a kind of awkward to explain the "brave" origin of my skin condition, if you know what i mean smile.png

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Thanks

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 05/09/2013 10:30 am

Hey Nicky,

Blue/Green - red and pink(salmon) color concealer

Purple - yellow color concealer

Red - green color concealer...But I normally cover up my red spots with a beige color with no problem.

Brown - white, lighter color concealer

Yellow - light or lavender color concealer

First, apply the corrective concealer, then you apply a thick layer of natural color concealer on top.

I had a series of subcision treatments. Every time, I got a subcision, it's impossible to cover up bruises for 5 - 7 days (especially the darker blue, purple,and greenish one). Be careful, bruises are very visible under the sun light(One time, I thought I completely covered my bruises using my bathroom light. But when I checked my face under the sunlight, my face looked like I got into a fight lol...). But don't worry, usually after 10 days, it's pretty easy to cover them up(at least for me)!

I also recommend Arnica tablets. You should start taking them a few days prior to your sub treatment. It helps healing bruises faster.

Good luck Nicky!

MemberMember
(@felinephonixgmail-com)

Posted : 05/09/2013 12:08 pm

Hey Nicky,

Blue/Green - red and pink(salmon) color concealer

Purple - yellow color concealer

Red - green color concealer...But I normally cover up my red spots with a beige color with no problem.

Brown - white, lighter color concealer

Yellow - light or lavender color concealer

First, apply the corrective concealer, then you apply a thick layer of natural color concealer on top.

I had a series of subcision treatments. Every time, I got a subcision, it's impossible to cover up bruises for 5 - 7 days (especially the darker blue, purple,and greenish one). Be careful, bruises are very visible under the sun light(One time, I thought I completely covered my bruises using my bathroom light. But when I checked my face under the sunlight, my face looked like I got into a fight lol...). But don't worry, usually after 10 days, it's pretty easy to cover them up(at least for me)!

I also recommend Arnica tablets. You should start taking them a few days prior to your sub treatment. It helps healing bruises faster.

Good luck Nicky!

Hey FruitBiscuits, thank you for sharing your experience 🙂

It seems that you are already quite skilled in covering nasty bruises. The colour mapping I got completely. Do you have opinion about concrete products? I've never used concealers, but I quess I'm looking for something lighter that my acne prone skin will tolerate. I still have small break outs occasionally, so it would be great if I don`t aggravate it.

Many thanks,

Nicky

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 06/13/2013 11:13 am

hey Nicky,

sorry for the late response! i usually purchase drug store concealers or foundations. i like covergirl, but some people break out from it. my skin type is different than yours, so it might not work for you...i barely break out now.

make sure to check ingredient lists before you buy any products. avoid buying makeups which contain comedogenic ingredient or probably oils.

good luck!