Notifications
Clear all

My Subcision

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/16/2013 8:54 am

That's interesting because they say the more the bruising, the better the results. But you seemed to have good results without much bruising. Who is your doc?

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 06/08/2013 1:38 pm

Well I had my subcision yesterday. I still have the bandages on, I will be able to remove them tomorrow morning. I am praying that this helps improve my scars, but I don't have my hopes up. (sorry to sound so negative). I have been through hell with these scars. I'm not aiming for perfection, I am aiming for happiness. I don't need to have perfectly smooth skin to be happy, I just want to feel better & look better than I do now.

Hey, thanks for asking. Well. Things are deffinitely better. I had two compound scars on either side of my chin that were very deep and made me feel pretty self-conscious. One of the scars even had cortisone atrophy. One of the scars has some bumpiness and lumpiness that is not really noticeable to the naked eye, I expect this to fade over the next weeks/months. Ide say that scar has visually improved by 50-60%. Its deffinitely better. The other scar (that I suctioned) leveled out to a good 50%, keep in mind that this scar had no lumpiness whatsoever so I decided to vacuum this one. The thing with subcision is that its not a one and done thing. Its deffinitely a process that occurs over time. Im very grateful for the improvement that I have gotten but as you know with scarring, you always want more. Overall it has made me feel better about myself. I still feel a dull pain in one side when im talking alot but not a big deal at all. I hope the small bumps fade on theyre own and im sure they will. If I could go back in time I would deffinitely do it all over again.

Well I am really glad to hear you are doing well. That's a pretty great percentage for improvement. I am excited, but nervous at the same time. lol. I plan on having it done around 3 times, maybe more maybe less (doubt It). So do you think I should suction or not? I asked them when I went for my consult, and they didn't recommend it, but they weren't against it either. I have so many scars to deal with, they are not really deep, but they they bug me so bad. There is seriously so many. So I am only going to focus on areas that bug me the most. I am not getting my hopes up either, because nothing has really worked for me, (lasers, microdermabrasion, etc.) However, I really hope I see some kind of improvement.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 06/08/2013 1:53 pm

^^ Believe in your treatment.It will give you more results.

Healing comes from inside by a very big portion.

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 06/09/2013 10:24 am

Okay, so it has been about 48 hours since I had my subcision done on numerous scars. First day, swelling but couldn't see anything underneath the bandages. Today, I removed them. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The marks from the needles are pretty small. I actually managed to cover most of it up with make up. I began suctioning & I am going to try to stick with it for at least 2 weeks. My skin looks REALLY good right now, if only it would stay this way. lol ( I have read that the scars completely disappear or almost vanish a couple days after. I know its from the swelling, but hell I wouldn't mind being swollen my whole life if it camouflaged my scars. I am also taking 1000 mg of vitamin c morning and night and collagen supplements by Youthery. ( I read it on a post by sverd and decided to be a copy cat.) All in all so far, I would say I will definitely have this done again (if it yields results). I have had laser before and the downtime with this seems to be way more minimal. When I had laser I didn't leave the house for a week & it actually hurt way more. Ugh. I wish I would have never got laser. Well everyone, I will update again tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed for me & say a prayer if you have the time. (not trying to sound selfish, but I really want improvement as do we all.) Every night I pray that each individual who is scarred finds their solution, so they can feel confident again.

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 06/10/2013 1:26 pm

Okay it's day 3 since my subcision. I really didn't experience much brusing. I started suctioning yesterday twice a day doing about 6 passes over each scar treated for about 4 seconds. I plan on doing this until at the June 23rd. My left is still swollen (making the scars appear like they're gone.) My right is still swollen but I can see the scars more than I can on the left cheek. My right cheek is definitely worse because there is a deep rolling scar in the middle about 2 cm big. The left has more of smaller shallow scars (many of them.) Well I'm not trying to aggrivate anyone I am just trying to keep this log as a way of reminding myself and what to expect with the procedure afterwards. Keep fingers crossed for me & I will do the same for you=)

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 06/10/2013 2:06 pm

You're not aggravating anyone! My appointment is a week from Friday so I appreciate it. What are you suctioning with?

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 06/10/2013 6:57 pm

You are going to laugh at me..I laughed at myself and so did my boyfriend. I am using my regular vacuum, but with the attached suction nozzle. I just make sure I clean it off real good each time before I use it (it never actually touches my face). Then, I cup my hand over the end..it has been working pretty good so far. Good luck with your appointment by the way. Where are you going. I hope you get great results. =) Because I know how much this s**t bugs us ! Or else we wouldn't be on these dang boards. lol

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 06/11/2013 9:03 am

hey just wanted to say thanks for the updates and cant wait to see the final result! i am sure you are going to look fantastic!

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 06/11/2013 1:55 pm

Thank you Tracy, I really appreciate it & I hope so. Okay guys, it's day 4. I suctioned early this morning and I will do it again before I go to bed. Some more of the scars are showing. I can't say how truly depressing that is. No matter how much you prepare yourself & even though you know it's going to happen, it is still a let down. I definitely think I am still a little bit swollen but not as much as I was yesterday. I wish more people that have had subcision would comment. I am going to comment until it has been 1 week and then I will be doing weekly updates. Another thing, I wish people would put their age, because I do believe that makes a difference. I am 21, so I hope I heal right. I thought I should add that I have two hard spots but their not lumps they are actually flat. You can't see them at all, but I can feel them.

MemberMember
(@polecat)

Posted : 08/09/2013 7:33 pm

Hi Friends smile.png

I sincerely apologize for my lack of updates. I had to give myself a break from this post because I was beginning to obsess so much over the results of my subcision. It was consuming me and quite honestly depressing me.

I am happy to say that I feel so much better from the break and I am extremely happy with the results! The improvement was so hard to see day to day and that is what was so disheartening. Now many months later I can finally see improvement. It has been approximately 5 months since my subcision.

The hard lumps I last wrote about finally went away and I am very excited with the results. I still have some indentations but they are much softer now.

Tell me what you think....

I hope everyone going through subcisions are doing well and keeping good spirits!!

xx

post-36618-0-17603700-1376101542_thumb.j

post-36618-0-06591900-1376101554_thumb.j

post-36618-0-01223700-1376101565_thumb.j

post-36618-0-17603700-1376101542_thumb.j

post-36618-0-06591900-1376101554_thumb.j

post-36618-0-01223700-1376101565_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 08/12/2013 7:55 am

i think you look great! thanks for sharing and i am so glad it all worked out well for you!

MemberMember
(@polecat)

Posted : 08/12/2013 11:43 am

Thank you, tracy521

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 08/12/2013 12:08 pm

I think you look great and agree about taking it slowly. You don't seem to have many issues with your skin anymore so there is no rush. I am dealing with what looks like a raised line 4 weeks after my subcision. It's comprised of several lumps but really just looks like raised scarring. It looks bad and I'm hoping it will flatten out with time like yours did. Did you experience any lumpiness beyond the area treated? The bruising spread beyond the scar and now there is lumpiness there too in what was normal skin :(

MemberMember
(@polecat)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:19 pm

Don't worry. I feel confident your lumps will go away as well, it's just going to take time. Don't let this get you down!

I had bruising all over my cheeks, not just near the incision points. You have me thinking...I think the lumps were not directly under my depressed scars either but were where my skin was smooth-but I can't be 100%-Power of suggestion and all that. This was around the time that I stopped updating this post or taking notes and not looking at my face often because it was bringing me down.......

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:10 am

Yeah it's tough to know - even sometimes I think certain things are happening and the next minute I'm not so sure. Thanks for your reassurance and good luck with your future endeavors...keep us in the loop!

MemberMember
(@polecat)

Posted : 08/13/2013 4:41 pm

I forgot to ask you Michi31, did you do the suction method at all?

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 08/14/2013 9:19 am

No I didn't as I was afraid of making things worse. In hindsight, I'm definitely glad I didn't because "filling in" was not the problem. Now I have a raised line scar which looks like something from an accident rather than acne scarring. I think if I had suctioned it would have made this even worse :(

MemberMember
(@texan90)

Posted : 08/15/2013 6:23 am

No I didn't as I was afraid of making things worse. In hindsight, I'm definitely glad I didn't because "filling in" was not the problem. Now I have a raised line scar which looks like something from an accident rather than acne scarring. I think if I had suctioned it would have made this even worse sad.png

Hi Michi,

Did subcision cause this raised line? Who performed the procedure?

I might see Dr. Yang in NYC.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 08/15/2013 9:18 am

No I didn't as I was afraid of making things worse. In hindsight, I'm definitely glad I didn't because "filling in" was not the problem. Now I have a raised line scar which looks like something from an accident rather than acne scarring. I think if I had suctioned it would have made this even worse sad.png

Hi Michi,

Did subcision cause this raised line? Who performed the procedure?

I might see Dr. Yang in NYC.

I'll PM you.

MemberMember
(@mark-ian)

Posted : 04/04/2021 4:51 am

hi polecat,

any latest pictures you have today bout your subcision? hope your doing great and fine. i had my subcision last march 25 and its my 10th day no swollen but the marks of nokor needle still there and some dark lines. thanks

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 04/04/2021 8:54 pm

Anyone else been to Dr. Adam Mamelak?

There's a video of him on youtube and he's using a nokor. Is it true that a canulla is better?