Notifications
Clear all

My Subcision

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 04/13/2013 7:57 am

Hey polecat, just dropping in to see how you are doing? I'm getting subcision soon from Mr. Matts doctor, but just wanted to follow up with everyone that is going through the same stuff that I will be going through soon. Hope you are well & healing nice.

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 04/13/2013 3:03 pm

Hey polecat, just dropping in to see how you are doing? I'm getting subcision soon from Mr. Matts doctor, but just wanted to follow up with everyone that is going through the same stuff that I will be going through soon. Hope you are well & healing nice.

Yeah me too. I have already scheduled a subcision with the same doctor as you for april 23. I am looking forwards to making positive steps to improve my scarring.

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 04/13/2013 7:33 pm

That's awesome be sure to let us know how everything goes! I'm glad I joined this site, I finally feel like I have people that I can relate to...even if it is over something that sucks so bad. lol

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 04/23/2013 6:37 pm

Yeah me too. I have already scheduled a subcision with the same doctor as you for april 23. I am looking forwards to making positive steps to improve my scarring.

Heyy! Just checking up on you to see how things are going? I hope you get great results =) Let me know

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 04/23/2013 6:52 pm

Heyy! Just checking up on you to see how things are going? I hope you get great results =) Let me know

Hey whats up. Yeah the office called my and rescheduled to procedure for friday afternoon. the receptionist made a mistake. So now it will be this friday/ Il let you know know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 04/23/2013 7:27 pm

Okay gotcha, well I definitely have my fingers crossed for you. I know you are excited & probably nervous. Good luck with everything

MemberMember
(@readytosmileagain)

Posted : 04/26/2013 7:54 am

let us know how it goes!!! Thinking of you!

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 04/30/2013 12:38 am

let us know how it goes!!! Thinking of you!

Okay gotcha, well I definitely have my fingers crossed for you. I know you are excited & probably nervous. Good luck with everything

Well I had the subcision last friday. I had Dr. Despain subcise the two worst scars on either side of my chin. I was pleasently suprised on how wonderful of a doctor and person Dr. Despain was. He even went out to the lobby and sat down with me to apologize for needing me to reschedule. You dont find that as much nowadays. As for the subcision, it is now three days later. My left side has a bit of swelling and the scar is not visible at the moment. It is firm and feels kinda like a small knot. The outer appearance it relatively flat. So im happy with that side. The other side seems to not be swollon or bruised at all anymore. Theyre might be some microswelling but that scar too is pretty much gone (at the moment). I heard alot of scar tissue popping and releasing which was a good sign. The bad news is i have been suuuper anal about my diet lately.I didnt realize I wouldnt be able to move my mouth because of the thick bandages and had to drink liquid the first 24 hours. I drank a naked fruit smoothie and realized that it wasnt really that healthy at all. Too much sugar and it had me feeling sick the first couple days cause i didnt know what was making me sick. Do you think drinking the fruit juice affected the healing because of the sugar content? Its amazing how going through this process can be so tense and play on your nerves and emotions. I didnt know what to expect, but now i know that 1. subcision is a good thing and nothing to be scared of if you have a good doctor. and 2. the scariest part of subcision is thinking about it before you even have it. or over-dramatizing it..It was actually kind of pleasent for me but I am a little wierd.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 04/30/2013 10:42 am

Thank you so much for updating! I am curious because I have scars on either side of my chin too and I don't see many people that have this area treated. It is usually the cheeks. So please keep us posted! I don't think the fruit juice will harm you at all. I'm sure it has some good vitamins and the sugar isn't going to delay healing.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/30/2013 12:56 pm

Thank you so much for updating! I am curious because I have scars on either side of my chin too and I don't see many people that have this area treated. It is usually the cheeks. So please keep us posted! I don't think the fruit juice will harm you at all. I'm sure it has some good vitamins and the sugar isn't going to delay healing.

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? :) I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 04/30/2013 2:24 pm

I have an appointment for June 21 - which is the earliest I can get time off from work. I have only found several experiences where people had subcision done to this area. 1 or 2 of them said it made it worse, a couple said it worked the least well in this area and a few said they had improvements. Is this a problem area for you as well?

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? smile.png I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision.

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 04/30/2013 2:40 pm

I have an appointment for June 21 - which is the earliest I can get time off from work. I have only found several experiences where people had subcision done to this area. 1 or 2 of them said it made it worse, a couple said it worked the least well in this area and a few said they had improvements. Is this a problem area for you as well?

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? smile.png I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision.

Well I think "on either side of the chin" is pretty vague. I have two very large and deep compound rolling scars under both of the corners of my mouth. I dont see why it would be any different from the cheek because it has just the same amount of fleshy tissue. Subcising these areas was not a problem at all for my doctor. Now, If I were discussing scars that are further down your face in areas where theyre is not as much fatty tissue, that may be a problem.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 04/30/2013 2:47 pm

Yeah you're right it is vague. Mine are below the corners of my mouth, but about halfway down between the corners of my mouth and the very bottom of my chin and extend in from the corner - in a diagonal. If that makes sense. I thought this entire area was less fatty than the cheeks, like you said, which is why it would be more difficult.

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 04/30/2013 4:49 pm

Yeah you're right it is vague. Mine are below the corners of my mouth, but about halfway down between the corners of my mouth and the very bottom of my chin and extend in from the corner - in a diagonal. If that makes sense. I thought this entire area was less fatty than the cheeks, like you said, which is why it would be more difficult.

>

Well I think "on either side of the chin" is pretty vague. I have two very large and deep compound rolling scars under both of the corners of my mouth. I dont see why it would be any different from the cheek because it has just the same amount of fleshy tissue. Subcising these areas was not a problem at all for my doctor. Now, If I were discussing scars that are further down your face in areas where theyre is not as much fatty tissue, that may be a problem.

Based on my experience, this area responds just like any other area would on the face. Theyre is still enough fatty deposits theyre to provide room to work with. You should be absolutely fine. The areas that I think are hard to work with are closer to the jawbone and forehead/temples because theyre is less fat and tissue theyre to work with. I encourage you to seek out treatment from a good doctor. I used to worry about the subcision process alot, but now I see that its really a minor procedure and if youve suffered from acne for as long as i have, this trauma from the procedure is laughable in comparison to cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 04/30/2013 5:32 pm

&gt

;

lockquote>

Based on my experience, this area responds just like any other area would on the face. Theyre is still enough fatty deposits theyre to provide room to work with. You should be absolutely fine. The areas that I think are hard to work with are closer to the jawbone and forehead/temples because theyre is less fat and tissue theyre to work with. I encourage you to seek out treatment from a good doctor. I used to worry about the subcision process alot, but now I see that its really a minor procedure and if youve suffered from acne for as long as i have, this trauma from the procedure is laughable in comparison to cystic acne.

Thank you for the reassurance. Sometimes it's just a relief to hear something positive. Can't wait to find out how your treatment turns out!

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 05/05/2013 7:53 am

&gt

;

lockquote>

How are you feeling/healing? Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, I have been pretty busy. Hope you can get back to me soon. =)

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 05/05/2013 5:25 pm

&am

p;gt

;

lockquote>

lockquote>

How are you feeling/healing? Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, I have been pretty busy. Hope you can get back to me soon.

Hey, well the sweeling seems to have completely subsided. I have a couple of small lumps that are invisible to the naked eye that I think are a good thing because hopefully they will develop collagen. I have some very minor bruising left on one side of my chin. If everything were to finalize today, ide say my improvement on the right side which was my deepest and worse scar would be at about, 65%. Which asthetically meanas the improvement is around 80%. The scar on my right side which had less lumpiness and swelling ide say evened out at a good 50% but its hard to tell because the area is still dark and can be mistaken for shadows. I know its not over till its over, but thats just speaking as if it were. Im still doing my best to stay as healthy as possible to maximise healing, which can be hard in mdoern times. A couple of things ive learned about subciscion...1. Lumps of any kind are generally a good thing, they provide support to the underlying structures of skin. 2. Stop consuming sugar because its bad for collagen development due to glycation (look it up). 3. Dont fret. Subcision is about as simple as it gets, and i even had a doctor use an 18 nokor needle. Its nothing to sweat about...................Ide love to know where you are located, maybe you can see the same doctor as me?

MemberMember
(@jastkguy)

Posted : 05/05/2013 7:20 pm

I never heard of this. It sounds so painful. Does it help with redness to or just the scar?eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 05/06/2013 12:17 am

I never heard of this. It sounds so painful. Does it help with redness to or just the scar?eusa_think.gif

Its not very painful. It helps the scar not hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/06/2013 3:37 pm

So glad to hear how things are going - please keep updating! And thanks for the tip on sugar!

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 05/14/2013 7:30 pm

How are you feeling/healing? What would you say your percentage of improvement is? Hope you are doing well

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 05/15/2013 12:20 am

How are you feeling/healing? What would you say your percentage of improvement is? Hope you are doing well

Hey, thanks for asking. Well. Things are deffinitely better. I had two compound scars on either side of my chin that were very deep and made me feel pretty self-conscious. One of the scars even had cortisone atrophy. One of the scars has some bumpiness and lumpiness that is not really noticeable to the naked eye, I expect this to fade over the next weeks/months. Ide say that scar has visually improved by 50-60%. Its deffinitely better. The other scar (that I suctioned) leveled out to a good 50%, keep in mind that this scar had no lumpiness whatsoever so I decided to vacuum this one. The thing with subcision is that its not a one and done thing. Its deffinitely a process that occurs over time. Im very grateful for the improvement that I have gotten but as you know with scarring, you always want more. Overall it has made me feel better about myself. I still feel a dull pain in one side when im talking alot but not a big deal at all. I hope the small bumps fade on theyre own and im sure they will. If I could go back in time I would deffinitely do it all over again.

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 05/15/2013 6:19 am

Hey, thanks for asking. Well. Things are deffinitely better. I had two compound scars on either side of my chin that were very deep and made me feel pretty self-conscious. One of the scars even had cortisone atrophy. One of the scars has some bumpiness and lumpiness that is not really noticeable to the naked eye, I expect this to fade over the next weeks/months. Ide say that scar has visually improved by 50-60%. Its deffinitely better. The other scar (that I suctioned) leveled out to a good 50%, keep in mind that this scar had no lumpiness whatsoever so I decided to vacuum this one. The thing with subcision is that its not a one and done thing. Its deffinitely a process that occurs over time. Im very grateful for the improvement that I have gotten but as you know with scarring, you always want more. Overall it has made me feel better about myself. I still feel a dull pain in one side when im talking alot but not a big deal at all. I hope the small bumps fade on theyre own and im sure they will. If I could go back in time I would deffinitely do it all over again.

Well I am really glad to hear you are doing well. That's a pretty great percentage for improvement. I am excited, but nervous at the same time. lol. I plan on having it done around 3 times, maybe more maybe less (doubt It). So do you think I should suction or not? I asked them when I went for my consult, and they didn't recommend it, but they weren't against it either. I have so many scars to deal with, they are not really deep, but they they bug me so bad. There is seriously so many. So I am only going to focus on areas that bug me the most. I am not getting my hopes up either, because nothing has really worked for me, (lasers, microdermabrasion, etc.) However, I really hope I see some kind of improvement.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/15/2013 8:28 am

Hey I think that is a really great improvement. To get 50% from one treatment is really incredible and I will be absolutely thrilled if I get that much. Who is your doctor and where is he/she? Also how long would you say your bruising lasted for?

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 05/16/2013 12:16 am

Well I am really glad to hear you are doing well. That's a pretty great percentage for improvement. I am excited, but nervous at the same time. lol. I plan on having it done around 3 times, maybe more maybe less (doubt It). So do you think I should suction or not? I asked them when I went for my consult, and they didn't recommend it, but they weren't against it either. I have so many scars to deal with, they are not really deep, but they they bug me so bad. There is seriously so many. So I am only going to focus on areas that bug me the most. I am not getting my hopes up either, because nothing has really worked for me, (lasers, microdermabrasion, etc.) However, I really hope I see some kind of improvement.

Hey I think that is a really great improvement. To get 50% from one treatment is really incredible and I will be absolutely thrilled if I get that much. Who is your doctor and where is he/she? Also how long would you say your bruising lasted for?

My bruising barely lasted at all. It wasnt even a problem maybe a few days. In regards to the suctioning, in my opinion if I was to do it all again. Heres what ide do. Last night I had a pretty great revelation. I have scars on either side of my chin, and they were tethered. They are right inside my smile lines. Some people recommend suctioning to prevent the scars from reattaching. What I found is that If I open my mouth as wide as it can go, and stretch as hard as I can that would keep the tethers from reataching. I did that last night after I realized it and I swear I noticed that the scar is maybe 5-6% better today on one side. I think the intense stretching from it bieng on a smile line would prevent the scar from reataching, if i could go back ide probbly do that sooner. As far as vacumming, I couldnt tell if it helps or not because this was my first time doing subcision. I think its a presonal judgement call. Ide say go ahead and get it done. If your scarring bothers you you should make the comitment to do something about it. Im not totally satisfied with my appearance yet, but I feel better knowing I am bieng pro-active about something that has caused me pain for a long time. Its deffinitely a journey with ups and downs. Mood swings etc. But I believe that anyone can achieve great results if they have some faith and creativity to solve this problem we all have.