Notifications
Clear all

New Acne Scar Treatment

MemberMember
(@yoihifu)

Posted : 11/23/2014 11:19 pm

Hi all,

I came across this thread recently when I was researching about cora therapy.

For those who have received treatment in Korea, could you help to share how they go about doing the subcision undermining?

Do they pinch the area and insert the 24G~26G needle size horizontally then do the fanning motion?

MemberMember
(@stardust123)

Posted : 12/15/2014 2:05 pm

This seems similar to Cosmetic Acupuncture or Facial Rejuvenation that's offered in the US. Although I guess they are much more aggressive to break up scar tissue underneath the skin.

From what I've researched, the American Cosmetic Acupuncture Association website seems to be dead. So not sure what happened to them. Probably had to shut down due to liability problems and not being licensed doctors. Or pressure from plastic surgeons and dermatologists whose practice they're encroaching on. Acupuncturists in the U.S. are not doctors and are only L.Ac. or licensed acupuncturists.

I'm guessing the Korean version is a more advanced one combined with lasers/other traditional scar treatments. The majority of the cost is probably due to labor, to micromanage the needles to break up tissue. To get skilled acupuncturists with experience to treat your scars you'd probably have to go to Korea.

MemberMember
(@jackdoe)

Posted : 12/18/2014 4:00 pm

Can anybody tell how to do it self?

And how does it works? I don't get it...

What the difference between subcision or needling and this technique?

MemberMember
(@lalena)

Posted : 12/29/2015 1:09 am

Hello guys! I'm in Seoul now and had my first Cora therapy done yesterday. I came from Russia after reading this post. Korea is my last hope, I have done a lot for my scars and condition of my skin is just terrible. I have a lot of deep scars. Doctor told me that he will do his best to get the best result and promised 5-10% of improvement after each time.I'm planning to get 5 procedures and if I see improvement I will come again.

MemberMember
(@davster)

Posted : 01/03/2016 9:29 am

Just a word of advice.... it is always the METHOD of treatment that gives you the best results. Scar revision is based on 3 main factors- skin type ( skin colour), scar type (box car, ice pick, rolling, atrophic, tethered, etc...) and downtime. Emerging treatments from Korea include micro needling and RF ( Radiofrequency). There is a device called INFINI RF that can needle up to 3.5 mm deep, 49 needle per pass. and if 200 shots fired, will equate to 10,000 micro channels. RF heat the dermis and collagen, causing scar remodelling. Coupled with PRP, this should be the game changer for 2016.

Inside information I read on realself.com

So stay tuned. Exciting stuff

Davin Lim

MemberMember
(@lalena)

Posted : 01/06/2016 12:26 am

Hello guys! I think my scars look better even after the first treatment! Looking forward tomy second one on next Monday! 🙂

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 01/09/2016 3:16 am

On 1/6/2016, 1012, Lalena said:

Hello guys! I think my scars look better even after the first treatment! Looking forward to my second one on next Monday! :)

congrats :) hope u do well ....

MemberMember
(@lalena)

Posted : 01/10/2016 8:21 am

On 9 Ð½Ð²Ð° 2016 г., 1714, foreveralone said:
congrats :) hope u do well ....

Thanks! Yes, I do! I'm waiting for my second treatment tomorrow 🙂

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/23/2016 7:02 am

On 1/10/2016 at 8:21 AM, Lalena said:
Thanks! Yes, I do! I'm waiting for my second treatment tomorrow :)

Any updates

MemberMember
(@lalena)

Posted : 02/23/2016 9:41 am

2 hours ago, Binga said:
On 10 Ð½Ð²Ð° 2016 г. at 10:21 PM, Lalena said:
Thanks! Yes, I do! I'm waiting for my second treatment tomorrow :)

Any updates

My last 5th treatment was done on Saturday. I would like to get 1-2 more, but I can stay in Korea without a visa only for 60 days every 6 months. So, tomorrow I'm going back home. At the moment I can't say that I see visible improvement because I had only 10-14 days between the procedures and it's hard to see something when your face is swollen and has red marks. The doctor said that I will see final result only after 2-3 months. And he promised that I will see it for sure :) My scars are deep and old, so, as doctor told me, the scars tissue is very hard to cut and I need more procedures than their usual patients do ( usually they recommend 5-6). He recommends me 4-5 procedures more. I think , I will come back in September to
continue the treatment.
i will keep you informed about my progress.
Sorry for my English, I'm still learning the language and don't speak well. 

Binga liked
MemberMember
(@russel)

Posted : 03/23/2016 11:13 pm

Hey Lalena,

I was wondering if you've seen any more improvement with your scarring since your last treatment. And about what percent you'd say your scars have improved. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@lalena)

Posted : 07/31/2016 4:19 pm

Hello! As I said before, I had 5 Kora treatments in Seoul and would like to tell you about my result after 5 months. My scars and skin condition improved for about 10-20% and maybe the result would be better if i get 5-6 treatments more. I thought of going back to Seoul but I found a very good doctor in Moscow who is Dr. Kolemans (author of fatgrafting procedure) student and 3 days ago I had done with them subcision and fatgrafting at the same time. Hope, it will give me the best result.

MemberMember
(@moon123)

Posted : 12/25/2017 5:59 pm

Subcision: they cut under the scar.
Cora Therapy: they stick multiple needles under it, leave it there are move it a bit to stimulate it.

This explains why there is a guy on this forum that did it himself with a sewing needle (very risky), but managed to get insane results without a nokor needle.

Ofcourse you should combine this with dermarollers, stamps etc. to get a better result. I'd suggest that you choose subcision to raise the scar, and then a roller or peel to strengthen.