Notifications
Clear all

Any Alternative To Subscision For Tethered Scars?

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 11/15/2012 9:08 am

So just so I understand, you neve had acne on your chin? And then bumps formed that came to a head and scarred? Maybe that isn't like mine because I always did have acne on my chin - the only place I would get it. Now they are under the skin bumps that I think are scar tissue that will never come to a head.

I'll definitely let you know how subcision goes. If I can get myself totally clear I will do it in January. If not, then it won't be until July. What's been holding you back from getting it, like before you were worried about the nerves issue? Is the scarring new?

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 11/15/2012 6:17 pm

When I got all of those weird under the skin bumps that looked like a disease, no, I didn't have acne there or anywhere else on my face, I think the retinoid brought stuff up that was never able to come out for some reason. My skin failed to expel it, so it sat there and scarred due to it being there so long. After that, yes, I had acne on my chin and face. Retinoids just were so bad for me.

You're not clear? How often do you Break out? Yes, please do let me know, even if it's via pm because you want to be private or whatever.

Well, it took me a long time to get clear. Then I did bc of tane, but I needed to wait a year. during that time I was just so happy to be so clear that I didn't care That much. I did research a bit and was unsure what to do. I then broke out again and went back on tane. It's during that time I decided on subcision, but I had to wait a year again. Then I was just on the fence about who to go to and nervous in general, so I procrastinated. But I do want subcision.

The scarring is old. It took me until tane to get clear which was a long time, bc I was scared of tane.

Good luck to you!