Notifications
Clear all

In Need Of Wisdom And Advice For My Scarring (With Pics)

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 09/17/2014 11:58 pm

Sorry, it should be cotton gauze swab.

Here is the link direct to the page of acne scars treatment: http://www.laser123.com/laser_service.php?serv=206

How did your procedure go, Theng?

The procedure went well. I had 47 grafts transplanted to my both cheek, some of them healed really well, they just flat like normal skin. But some grafts are raised looks like a little blister with circle mark. Donor site were pain in first 2weeks, maybe too much skin taken from there. I will have Erbium laser in Oct in order to even the graft with the normal skin.

Cherry, from your experience. How long does it take for the redness to fade after the procedure?

Sometimes it can take several months for the redness to fade.

Where was your donor site?

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 09/26/2014 1:21 am

Here is the link direct to the page of acne scars treatment: http://www.laser123.com/laser_service.php?serv=206

The procedure went well. I had 47 grafts transplanted to my both cheek, some of them healed really well, they just flat like normal skin. But some grafts are raised looks like a little blister with circle mark. Donor site were pain in first 2weeks, maybe too much skin taken from there. I will have Erbium laser in Oct in order to even the graft with the normal skin.

Cherry, from your experience. How long does it take for the redness to fade after the procedure?

from behind my ear.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 09/26/2014 8:33 am

Great post Theng. Forty-seven grafts is a tremendous amount of grafts to do in one sitting. I've been following this doctor's work for a while and I'm very impressed with his technique and approach to revising acne scars.

It would be great to see some photos if you are comfortable with that.

from behind my ear.

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 09/26/2014 9:56 pm

from behind my ear.

47 grafts just from behind your ear? Holy cow! That's a lot.

How are you healing these days?

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 11/01/2014 10:16 am

from behind my ear.

Hi, I just had my first Erbium laser done on Monday. The grafts looks red now, most of the grafts has been level with the rest of my skin, but I still have another 1-2 sessions to go to get best result.

And, yes 47grafts just from behind my right ear.

I will post some photos once i have done all process. I didn't have a good before picture, I will try to get it from my doctor.

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 11/02/2014 3:25 am

from behind my ear.

Hi, I just had my first Erbium laser done on Monday. The grafts looks red now, most of the grafts has been level with the rest of my skin, but I still have another 1-2 sessions to go to get best result.

I will post some photos once i have done all process. I didn't have a good before picture, I will try to get it from my doctor.

That's awesome. Congratulations! I can't wait to see your photos.

How was your experience with the Erbium laser?

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 11/17/2014 1:01 am

from behind my ear.

I went to have follow-up consultation on 3rd November, Doctor tells me that the grafts will slightly swollen again after the laser, that's why i need another 1-2sessions. After Erbium laser I still need 1-3sessions of fractional co2 laser to make the grafts more even with the rest of my skin. I still have long way to go...

Actually Erbium laser is safe if you on experienced hand, I had numb cream before the laser, i didn't feel pain at all during the procedure. The first 2days laser area was bleeding, I felt sting when I wash my face. The nurse warned me not to use towel or tissue paper to pat dry, so i have to use hair dryer to make the skin dry and put on something like silicone gel sheet for a week. It's more easier to take care than I think, except you have full face laser.

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 11/17/2014 11:33 pm

from behind my ear.

I went to have follow-up consultation on 3rd November, Doctor tells me that the grafts will slightly swollen again after the laser, that's why i need another 1-2sessions. After Erbium laser I still need 1-3sessions of fractional co2 laser to make the grafts more even with the rest of my skin. I still have long way to go...

Actually Erbium laser is safe if you on experienced hand, I had numb cream before the laser, i didn't feel pain at all during the procedure. The first 2days laser area was bleeding, I felt sting when I wash my face. The nurse warned me not to use towel or tissue paper to pat dry, so i have to use hair dryer to make the skin dry and put on something like silicone gel sheet for a week. It's more easier to take care than I think, except you have full face laser.

Wow. Can't wait to see pictures. :)

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 01/16/2015 8:33 am

Just dropping by to say hi and I hope you're doing well, CherrySoda! And I'm on-and-off following the forums again, so I look forward to reading about your possible future treatments. :)

I've been away for a long long while due to having some other things (namely a little person soon turning 7 months) taking priority in my life. I'm not pursuing scar treatments anymore - I realized that when my skin is completely acne-free and in great condition otherwise, my scars don't actually bother me anymore. However, I am starting to have acne again and even though it's sort of in control right now, I still have to look for more options to treat it.

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 01/27/2015 4:38 pm

Just dropping by to say hi and I hope you're doing well, CherrySoda! And I'm on-and-off following the forums again, so I look forward to reading about your possible future treatments.

I've been away for a long long while due to having some other things (namely a little person soon turning 7 months) taking priority in my life. I'm not pursuing scar treatments anymore - I realized that when my skin is completely acne-free and in great condition otherwise, my scars don't actually bother me anymore. However, I am starting to have acne again and even though it's sort of in control right now, I still have to look for more options to treat it.

Hey there, Austra!

Long time, no talk. :) I most likely won't pursue any more treatments to reduce the appearance of my scarring until May of this year (one year after stopping my Accutane course). But when I do begin to undergo treatment again, I'll certainly post the results here on the 'Org.

What options are you considering to treat your acne right now?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 01/27/2015 11:36 pm

I barely see the scars..

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 02/01/2015 9:00 pm

Thank you! It's been quite a process to get to this point. :)

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/12/2015 6:04 am

Just dropping by to say hi and I hope you're doing well, CherrySoda! And I'm on-and-off following the forums again, so I look forward to reading about your possible future treatments.

Hey there, Austra!

Long time, no talk. :) I most likely won't pursue any more treatments to reduce the appearance of my scarring until May of this year (one year after stopping my Accutane course). But when I do begin to undergo treatment again, I'll certainly post the results here on the 'Org.

What options are you considering to treat your acne right now?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm looking forward to hearing from your treatments from May onwards. :) I may not be commenting that often as I have very limited time to browse the internet these days, but I will definitely be following your progress! Hope you're well!

My acne treatment is now at a standstill since I can't do much while breastfeeding. I'm keeping inflammation sort of under control with BP and topical Dalacin, but my skin is getting worse, back to its former state. Having a child made me realize how hormonal my acne is, and it was amazing how completely clear I was at the end of the pregnancy and shortly after labour, and then seeing how it's coming back now and there's practically nothing I can do. I suppose I'll either have to try to get on Accutane or go on birth control, but I don't know which route to take yet. My son is now almost 10 months and I'm not planning on weaning any time soon (possibly until he's 2 years or so), so I'll just have to deal with topicals for the time being. It does suck though, I really miss having completely clear skin, even though I know it could be much worse than it is now, and the BP does actually prevent cysts (and thus scarring) pretty well.