Notifications
Clear all

Dermabrasion And Recell For Hypopigmentation Scars (Updated: 4 Months Post-Op)

MemberMember
(@yenrab)

Posted : 08/30/2013 6:37 am

I'm so glad to have stumbled across this topic. Borec, I have been reading your posts with great interest and am curious to know how things are now a year on?

I myself had laser to my cheeks and from temple to temple in the late nineties in a vein attempt to rid myself of awful acne scarring. It did nothing for the scarring but on a beach holiday some 4 or 5 years ago I noticed that those areas of my face did not tan when the untreated areas did. I was warned at the time that I may experience loss of pigment but as my pigment was unaffected at the time of my follow up appointments it was deemed that I was ok. It is very strange that my pigment has taken so much time to disappear. I had gone on holiday to a very hot country 3 to 4 years after the treatment and came back with a beautiful even tan, so its all a bit of a mystery.

So I have become completely pre-occupied with my plight and have extensively ploughed the web for answers. I tried a product called V-Tar, which at first seemed to be bringing my pigment back but this was short lived and instead has left me with very dark pigment circling the white cheeks and accentuating it even more...it looks a total mess. I cant let anyone see me without makeup but have to wear it heavy in order to try and even out my normal skin tone, large white areas and the dark pigment. And wearing heavy makeup at 38 does nothing to make you look more youthful! No more swimming, gym, beach holidays, just came back from camping at the reading festival where I could only clean my face with wipes each day and then re-apply my make up before I could venture out of the tent...6 days of not washing your wash when you are my age is no good.

Anyhoo, heard about Recell over a year ago and have been researching. Been in touch with Dr Maini who believes it could help me and have been quoted about 3500 for a full face. I have not had an actual consultation until I have the cash, as if I am satisfied with what he has to tell me I will be chomping at the bit to get it done. So I am taking part in clinical trials to raise the cash, it slow going, still have about 2K yet to raise and I am hoping that this treatment will be worth it!

MemberMember
(@harq96)

Posted : 04/15/2014 9:11 pm

could you please post recent pictures?

MemberMember
(@bobowang)

Posted : 04/20/2014 1:16 am

It is amazingWe have the same type of scar.

MemberMember
(@ab81)

Posted : 05/13/2014 12:18 am

Hi Borec....do you have any updates now that more time has elapsed? Would love to hear your final verdict on recell and how it worked for your scars?

MemberMember
(@attwater20)

Posted : 07/19/2014 8:35 am

bump

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 02/16/2015 8:55 pm

Ok so im pretty sure i will go to Nottigham have this procedure done. Its been a long time coming. I guess i was one of the first "experiments" of the ablative co2 laser over 17 years ago. It left me with red patches all over my cheeks (erythema?) that lasted over 3 years. Admittedly it helped smooth out the acne scars.

Update: i decided to have dermabrasion +recell by a doc in. Leeds instead

borec any more updates its been ages since you last posted let us all know if it was a success or not

MemberMember
(@borec)

Posted : 02/17/2015 2:31 am

Ive been afk for some time. Sorry about that.

I was getting limited interest so i didnt bother checking the site anymore.

Ill write more when i have more time but results are great and seem to have improved over the years.

Alot of colour has returned.probably around 70-80%. You have to look hard to notice it.

Im planning to have more done. This time recell combined with needling in order to break up scar tissue under the skin.

So yes its a success for me. Think about it. There was up until now no cure for the loss of pigmentation!

I also beleive there is continued R&D to improve the product.

Will add more in thecining days. Hard to write on a mobile

malia02, angrej, Hope01 and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 02/17/2015 5:13 pm

Ill write more when i have more time but results are great and seem to have improved over the years.

Alot of colour has returned.probably around 70-80%. You have to look hard to notice it.

Im planning to have more done. This time recell combined with needling in order to break up scar tissue under the skin.

So yes its a success for me. Think about it. There was up until now no cure for the loss of pigmentation!

excellent bourc please do i to am thinking of getting recell or non autologous melanocyte transplant you might want to check out the latter here is a link http://www.drmulekar.com/melanocyte_transplantation.asp i am still unsure which to go for but i will definitely be getting one this summer. Im really glad recell was a success and please do update it in your own time. Thanks for giving me hope in fixing my hypo pigmentation.

MemberMember
(@kittycat1630)

Posted : 02/19/2015 7:14 pm

Borec could you check your inbox I PM-ed you my email if you could communicate with me it would be great. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 03/26/2015 12:28 pm

Hey borec any chance of that update soon ?

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 04/21/2015 10:41 am

Hey dude any chance of the update?

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/23/2015 6:45 am

Any chance of some pictures?

MemberMember
(@angrej)

Posted : 09/01/2015 7:41 am

Hi bourec how are you getting on know? I have been a long term lurker on this site your posts encouraged me to finally create an account i too am also thinking of booking in for recell with dr rawlins so would just like to know how things are going your scarring looks so much smoother from the pictures.