Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scar Treatments I've Had

MemberMember
(@tyga)

Posted : 12/10/2011 2:44 am

^well shit. That is expensive. Personally I'd rather stay ugly with money vs ugly and no money.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/10/2011 3:48 pm

How much does this cost in the U.S.? That is pretty expensive, but if it is working and you think it's worth it go for it. :)

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 12/11/2011 1:59 am

How much does this cost in the U.S.? That is pretty expensive, but if it is working and you think it's worth it go for it. smile.png

I think its a waste of money as well but if it makes me feel better about myself then its worth all the money i am spending. I also have a good job so money isnt really an issue.

Heres another photo from yesterday. with make up and without. massive difference lol

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/11/2011 4:20 pm

How much does this cost in the U.S.? That is pretty expensive, but if it is working and you think it's worth it go for it. smile.png

I think its a waste of money as well but if it makes me feel better about myself then its worth all the money i am spending. I also have a good job so money isnt really an issue.

Heres another photo from yesterday. with make up and without. massive difference lol

Right on.

How do you cover the indents and such?

MemberMember
(@goofyrfy)

Posted : 12/12/2011 1:43 am

WOW! It looks SO different! I dont know why people are saying it looks the same, it for sure doesnt.... and you look awesome too! I'm so happy for you! I hope I can find a way to fade my scars (but cheap, I'm poor haha) sometime soon! Congrats.

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 12/12/2011 2:38 am

Right on.

they are not noticeable when i get subcision. i guess my indents are small enough that the make up just fills them in. i work in retail so being bruised on my face can be quite shocking for customers and the make up helps massively. no one can notice im even wearing make up unless they study my face.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/13/2011 3:37 pm

Right on.

they are not noticeable when i get subcision. i guess my indents are small enough that the make up just fills them in. i work in retail so being bruised on my face can be quite shocking for customers and the make up helps massively. no one can notice im even wearing make up unless they study my face.

So makeup only works right after you get the subscion? Or does it work all the time now that your scars aren't as deep?

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 12/13/2011 8:01 pm

over time my scars are less deeper so the make up fills it in a lot better. also it helps that my face is swollen

MemberMember
(@weidong)

Posted : 12/14/2011 10:07 am

Amazing!!!

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@lianghaochen)

Posted : 12/21/2011 5:53 pm

Your skin looks near perfect on day 5, looking forward to see your result by month 6!:)

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 12/27/2011 4:37 am

It's been about 3 weeks since I had my 4th subcision and my bruises are gone. Thought it was time for before and after photos.

Prepared to be amazed!

My depressed and rolling scars have very much decreased. My 5th subcision is in February. I will continue to update this as I go along.

post-47746-0-48491300-1324978500_thumb.p

post-47746-0-05036400-1324978545_thumb.p

post-47746-0-48491300-1324978500_thumb.p

post-47746-0-05036400-1324978545_thumb.p

MemberMember
(@hopej1245)

Posted : 12/29/2011 10:18 pm

Wow congrats it's really working for you! Thanks for coming back to update!

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 01/01/2012 8:33 pm

Wow! Your pictures are amazing! It must have been an extremely painful experience to go through what you did. I did notice some improvement from your very first picture on your first post, and the very last one you did on your last post. How do you feel about all of it so far? You said the needles hurt, but are you confident overall with everything? You skin looks smoother and more healthy for sure and I can see the curve of your face, but I could also see it before, so the scars have a good improvement but still a soft, bumpy texture that's present a little, but not much.

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 01/02/2012 6:59 am

Its been a very long journey. Some days my face looks amazing while other days it looks horrible. I just try to take it one day at a time.

My face is SLOWLY filling out (which you can see from the photos). I can see a difference and so can everyone around me. It has been around 7 months since my first treatment. I've had 4 subcisions so far (5th next month) and I can see that over time it is improving. When I first started I was expecting a miracle. I thought the first treatment would fix most of my scars but this is not the case. So if you are planning to get subcision, don't expect your face to be fixed in 1 subcision. This was one of the reasons why I made this thread so people can see that my face is improving but it's not instant.

Heres a time line for people new to this thread.

My 1st subcision June 2011: I had massive bruising and saw about 10% improvement. Bruising lasted for 1 month.

My 2nd subcision August 2011: My bruising was bad but only lasted 3 weeks. I saw about 10% improvement.

My 3rd subcision October 2011: My bruising wasn't that bad compared to the last time and it only lasted 2 weeks. I saw about 20% improvement.

My 4th subcision December 2011: My bruising was mild but the subcision was more brutal. Bruising lasted just over a week. I am seeing about 80% improvement compared to when I started.

My 5th subcision February 2012:

MemberMember
(@oopli)

Posted : 01/08/2012 8:10 pm

this thread is very informative, thanks for keeping us posted. Very nice improvements so far!!

MemberMember
(@jacno)

Posted : 01/30/2012 11:30 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated Greg, your skin looks way better. I was wondering if you still plan on getting a fraxel after? Or will you be satisfied with the subcisions? Fraxel has alot of risk of what I read... Anyways im sure I can speak for everyone when we all hope you bang alot of chicks now that your skins improved so much

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 01/31/2012 2:51 am

Good job staying so motivated. Things are looking up for you man. Have you considered some type of retinoid? Maybe some tazarac would help with the extra stuff. I heard some people like it.

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 02/01/2012 10:00 pm

The fact that you're just and only doing subcision for your scars and you've gotten so much improvement is amazing. Think of how they'll look with fillers! Nobody will even notice you had deep scarring. I don't understand why a couple of people said they see no improvement, there is definitely marked improvement! And I believe they'll only continue to get better as your skin regenerates itself. Look into taking some supplements for extra healing. I love this thread. Thanks for posting! :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/02/2012 8:42 am

The fact that you're just and only doing subcision for your scars and you've gotten so much improvement is amazing. Think of how they'll look with fillers! Nobody will even notice you had deep scarring. I don't understand why a couple of people said they see no improvement, there is definitely marked improvement! And I believe they'll only continue to get better as your skin regenerates itself. Look into taking some supplements for extra healing. I love this thread. Thanks for posting! smile.png

^ Agreed, this is a solid thread.

MemberMember
(@allex)

Posted : 02/02/2012 12:18 pm

Hi Greg, thanks for sharing with us your journey, and especially those photos. I can see that you are trying to show the real improvement as much as you can, which we really appreciated. And from the last photo, you are right about the 80% improvement, and I am so happy for you.

I have severe scarring, almost the exact same type as you do. When I saw your first photo, I can totally relate to how you feel! I probably have all the procedures done that are available during the past ten years, I am only listing some expensive ones here:

microdermabrasion (multiple, $1000+) - of course didn't work. didn't know much about that back then.

Collagen injection ($800) - no result as soon as swelling subsides

fillers ($3000 + over time) - they might have help somewhat, but really nothing dramatic

dermabrasion ($1500) - painful, long downtown, not sure about improvement at all

Isolagen ($4000) - expensive, and not sure about the results. least value for money!

TCA-CROSS ($2000, 6 sessions) - probably the best thing I have done. Filled many deeper icepicks

Profractional ($2000, 3 sessions) - no visible improvement whatsoever

Right now, I am still heavily scarred, mostly with rolling scars as you do. In bad lighting, my face looks like crap, like a endless wavy mountain, which makes me want to cry. From your experience, I thought subcision may work for me as well? The unfortunate thing is that not many doctors want to do it. They all love to recommend lasers, because it is easy money and they don't have to do much!

What I am most concerned about is the down time, as I work full time. How many days after treatment you can't go out and meet people? When can you apply some concealer? When are the bruises become untoniceable (under aggressive treatment). You seem skilled in putting make up, and may I ask what you were using? You know as a guy, you don't want people to see you are "wearing" something on your face!

Thanks again for this thread. Did I mention you look a LOT better?

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 02/04/2012 1:09 am

It is 2 days before I get my 5th subscision treatment. I will upload a before and after photo in the next couple of days.

My face is still scarred but its not very noticable now. In some lighting it still looks bad but NOTHING like how it use to look. A lot of the deep scarring and indents are now gone. There is only small ones now (which the doctor did say would happen). My doctor aimed for the big ones first and once they are gone, he will work on the smaller ones.

@jacno - Yes I still plan on getting fraxel because I still have some small red dots on my face. They do not appear in the photos and they are probably the worst part about my face at the moment. They are on my left side of my face on my cheeks and next to my eye.

@allex - It sounds like you have tried EVERYTHING! I first tried microdermabrasion and was guaranteed really good results. After spending about $2000, I realized this wasnt helping at all. It did remove some of my scars but nothing really worth all that money for. It turns out that they just wanted my money.

I work in retail with 30+ hours a week so downtime for me was also an issue. I spoke to my work about what I wanted to do and they were very accepting about it. The worst treatment was the first and I would recommend at least 2 weeks off work because the bruising was very bad. After every treatment, your face adapts to it and it gets easier. I also found covering it with make up works excellent. I can now manage to have the procedure and go back to work the next day but cover my face with make up. It's still noticable but no one pays attention.

What I find strange about getting this procedure done is my confidence seems to be lifted when I have bruises on my face. I can walk into places and everyone just stops and looks at me. It's a very weird feeling. I seem to worry more about people looking at me for having scars on my face then having bruises on my face so go figure lol As I said, the more times you get it, the more you are prepared for it. Using make up is not hard. I had a friend of mine show me how to use the make up and it was simple. You can apply make up the next day without any problems. However if you have a black eye (like I did - turn back to page 2) then you cant cover that, but as I said, no one really notices or cares. Everyone has been totally supportive of me wearing make up and even having bruises all on my face. I told them why and they were excited for me and wanted to know more. The support I got was amazing - not just from people I work with, but with customers.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/04/2012 8:31 am

It is 2 days before I get my 5th subscision treatment. I will upload a before and after photo in the next couple of days.

My face is still scarred but its not very noticable now. In some lighting it still looks bad but NOTHING like how it use to look. A lot of the deep scarring and indents are now gone. There is only small ones now (which the doctor did say would happen). My doctor aimed for the big ones first and once they are gone, he will work on the smaller ones.

@jacno - Yes I still plan on getting fraxel because I still have some small red dots on my face. They do not appear in the photos and they are probably the worst part about my face at the moment. They are on my left side of my face on my cheeks and next to my eye.

@allex - It sounds like you have tried EVERYTHING! I first tried microdermabrasion and was guaranteed really good results. After spending about $2000, I realized this wasnt helping at all. It did remove some of my scars but nothing really worth all that money for. It turns out that they just wanted my money.

I work in retail with 30+ hours a week so downtime for me was also an issue. I spoke to my work about what I wanted to do and they were very accepting about it. The worst treatment was the first and I would recommend at least 2 weeks off work because the bruising was very bad. After every treatment, your face adapts to it and it gets easier. I also found covering it with make up works excellent. I can now manage to have the procedure and go back to work the next day but cover my face with make up. It's still noticable but no one pays attention.

What I find strange about getting this procedure done is my confidence seems to be lifted when I have bruises on my face. I can walk into places and everyone just stops and looks at me. It's a very weird feeling. I seem to worry more about people looking at me for having scars on my face then having bruises on my face so go figure lol As I said, the more times you get it, the more you are prepared for it. Using make up is not hard. I had a friend of mine show me how to use the make up and it was simple. You can apply make up the next day without any problems. However if you have a black eye (like I did - turn back to page 2) then you cant cover that, but as I said, no one really notices or cares. Everyone has been totally supportive of me wearing make up and even having bruises all on my face. I told them why and they were excited for me and wanted to know more. The support I got was amazing - not just from people I work with, but with customers.

Greg, what are the red dots from that you are talking about?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/04/2012 6:56 pm

Hey, thanks for keeping us updated...I'm looking forward to see the results after your 5th subcision! Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 02/05/2012 5:05 am

Greg, what are the red dots from that you are talking about?

Here is a better photo under different light. You can see the red areas more clearer

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 02/05/2012 5:20 am

Here is a photo of before my 3rd subscision and before my 5th subscision (now) with no flash and under the same lighting. As you can see, there is a big improvement.

I will upload more photos after my 5th subscision tomorrow!

post-47746-0-22502700-1328437157_thumb.p

post-47746-0-22502700-1328437157_thumb.p