Notifications
Clear all

Full article for Subcision-Suction method!

MemberMember
(@jbird12)

Posted : 03/20/2011 10:43 am

I just had subcision Friday and will be incorporating suction into my recovery starting today. I don't have access to the machines they used in the study but I can't imagine it really matters what you use for "suctioning".

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 03/21/2011 10:22 pm

I just had subcision Friday and will be incorporating suction into my recovery starting today. I don't have access to the machines they used in the study but I can't imagine it really matters what you use for "suctioning".

Good luck, please keep us updated!

MemberMember
(@coconut-scar)

Posted : 03/26/2011 7:34 pm

I can't believe that this treatment has not become more mainstream !

I know it's soon but this is HUGE. If a scar can be elevated, the rest is so much easier.

This is the answer. Subscision followed by Suctioning during the recurrence peeriod (usually 3 days after Subscision)

Wow.. This could absolutely work.

MemberMember
(@coconut-scar)

Posted : 04/03/2011 3:08 pm

I found something on the internet where someone was asking a doctor about the Suscision Suction technique. I didn't post it here because it wouldn't be helpful to those of us who are optimistic about this new inspiring method. Anyway, the doctors response was " Liposuction for scars doesn't make sense." My jaw dropped! Are you serious??? This is how out of touch some doctors are. They wont even look at a new study. What does liposuction have to do with s :D uctioning scars 3 days after subscision with a microdermabrasion vacuum for a 2 week period!?

I am a firm believer that Subscision Suction is the first major hurdle in improving scars dramatically.. We need to get the word out people.

"They" are not listening to us...YET.

Subscision Suction improves scars by 80 %

There isn't anything else out there that can claim this.

Let's keep this thread alive.

Is there anybody there that agrees?

MemberMember
(@raiderdood)

Posted : 04/04/2011 12:52 am

I wonder if this in a way can be incorporated with something such as needling.. Some people here use needles to attack the scar subscision style... I actually have myself but some scars showed zero improvement(temple scar) which means they were really tethered down.. If this could somehow be used in conjuction with needling since it breaks down scar tissue maybe it could improve the results as well

Doubt it.

Subcision is more effective because it cuts the scar tissue that is pulling down your skin. It also causes a hematoma which can induce many things like collagen growth. Don't think needling can achieve that.

The whole point of this treatment is to disconnect the scar tissue thats tethering down your skin. Causing a hematoma (creates a gap between skin and scar tissue) and basically sucking your skin so that the scar tissue don't reattach itself while you still have a hematoma. At least this is how I read it. No point in trying to mix and match needling with a technique meant for subcision.

Anyways, this is an amazing read. I've personally had subcision done and I know exactly what this article is talking about and it makes so much sense. Anyone have luck sharing this with their doctor?

MemberMember
(@go-pens)

Posted : 04/17/2011 10:55 pm

Hi, first time caller, long time listener.

Just bumping this up to see if anyone's heard anything new about this method, or possibly tried it out and have any insight to it. And also, to get it above the posts that people have made to tell the world that they've lost hope. This looks like it could be very promising, and I would hate to see this thread just disappear.

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 04/18/2011 1:14 pm

Im having my third subcision done next month and want to perform the suction by myself.

I'll let you guys know if it is actually better than subcision alone as I have had subcision twice already

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 05/12/2011 7:12 pm

Has anybody else here tried this yet?

My appointment for subcision is on May 23. Downtime will last longer with suction but I have the time. Done with finals soon and wont start Summer class until June 20.

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 05/15/2011 5:57 pm

Up. Nobody else has done this?

Some things I analyzed:

Patients who started suction late and/or had long intervals between sessions only had a 44% improvement. Meanwhile those who had suction nearly everyday had a 75% improvement. That's an extra 41% improvement which

I would assume that traditional subcision without suction would have a 35%-40% improvement so an extra 41% improvement is like having the results of two subcisions.

I cant wait to try it out. I hope this is the miracle we have all been looking for.

MemberMember
(@go-pens)

Posted : 05/18/2011 1:20 am

Let us know how it goes, the results from the research look extremely promising. Unfortunately, I'm sure a lot of people have passed over this topic because it doesn't have a sexy "OMG A CURE" title. Hell, I didn't even see it until a few months after it was originally posted.

I'm really excited to see how it works out for you though. Be sure to keep me and whoever else may be reading this updated.

Also, are you having the suction part done by the doctor as well, or are you doing it at home on your own? And if you are doing it at home, what are you planning on using?

MemberMember
(@mclarensupra)

Posted : 05/18/2011 6:46 pm

80% is so much better than anything else out there.

MemberMember
(@go-pens)

Posted : 05/25/2011 10:02 pm

My appointment for subcision is on May 23. Downtime will last longer with suction but I have the time. Done with finals soon and wont start Summer class until June 20.

How did it end up going? Any updates?

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 06/04/2011 10:43 pm

Yea it seems a lot of people are overlooking this thread. 74% improvement is by far more of an improvement than any other treatment after one session.

Due to my doctor being out of town, I had to delay my treatment. I will be having it this Monday.

He missed a bunch of scars the first two times so Im going to make SURE he doesnt miss them this time. Im going to mark each scar individually. I have 35 rolling scars or so I want to be subcised.

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 06/06/2011 6:50 pm

Had my scars subcised earlier today. I made sure my doctor did not miss the scars this time as I marked each one carefully. One scar didnt get up getting subcised however but it's not a big deal. Thankfully my doctor was open to what I had to say when I complained about scars being missed.

I will start vacuuming any re-depressing subcised scars starting on Thursday.

Most of my scars are relatively shallow and it seems that it will LIKELY be completely leveled after subcision-suction. If I can achieve that and achieve a 50%+ improvement on my deeper scars, I would be soooooo HAPPY.

MemberMember
(@crystalized)

Posted : 06/09/2011 4:07 am

Had my scars subcised earlier today. I made sure my doctor did not miss the scars this time as I marked each one carefully. One scar didnt get up getting subcised however but it's not a big deal. Thankfully my doctor was open to what I had to say when I complained about scars being missed.

I will start vacuuming any re-depressing subcised scars starting on Thursday.

Most of my scars are relatively shallow and it seems that it will LIKELY be completely leveled after subcision-suction. If I can achieve that and achieve a 50%+ improvement on my deeper scars, I would be soooooo HAPPY.

Good luck. Very keen to hear how it works out for you. Keep us updated.

MemberMember
(@icepikachu)

Posted : 06/09/2011 9:24 am

Hey AcnePwns, what device are you using in order to "vacuuming" your scars? May try it with really agressive and deep dermarolling.

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 06/09/2011 3:18 pm

Just did my first session of suctioning a couple hours ago. I only went over the scars that are either depressing, flat (even to the skin level), or nearly flat. I spent about 2-4 seconds on each scar. Most of my scars are still quite swollen so I left those alone.

Hey AcnePwns, what device are you using in order to "vacuuming" your scars? May try it with really agressive and deep dermarolling.
MemberMember
(@coconut-scar)

Posted : 06/27/2011 6:39 am

folks dermarolling will not be beneficial.

This method involves..subscision, which releases the scar. the suctioning keeps the scar from re-attaching. needling or dermarolling in this case will not help. Please keep us posted with your subscision/ suctioning results. Good Luck to all attempting this. I feel this method makes a lot of sense.

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 06/27/2011 5:54 pm

I have thoroughly researched this before. Look at my other thread on this and you will not find a doctor in the US who peforms this procedure that Lajevardi (sp??) in Iran will do.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 06/30/2011 11:20 am

I'm happy to hear that people have been trying this technique and excited to hear your results! Please keep us updated.

Ylem, most doctors don't know about this study, but I plan to get the subcision done and then do the suctioning treatment on my own. I have a small microderm machine I bought off ebay.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 06/30/2011 11:21 am

I agree that needling probably wouldn't have the same effect as suctioning. You're trying to keep the scars from reattaching and while that can cause bruising, it's not going to cause small wounds like dermarolling. Just my opinion...

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 07/17/2011 8:06 pm

bump :)

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 07/17/2011 9:52 pm

Well, I agree that maybe subsicion combined with something else MIGHT help a little, but I did subcision + DEEP FX combo and it did not work.

MemberMember
(@cjsoccer3)

Posted : 07/18/2011 12:24 am

sorry guys. i know subscision can give some of the biggest improvements, especially with suction. However, this article posted by the person who started the tread topic is decitful. LOOK AT ALL THE PHOTOS AND THE LIGHT CONFIGURATION. We all have scars here and we all know that light makes all the difference, at some light settings my scars look comfortably presentable, in some they look drop dead horrible. IN ONE PHOTO LIGHT IS BEAMING OFF THE GUYS CHEEKBONE. IN ALL OF THEM THE LIGHT WAS MANIPULATED TO GIVE BETTER THAN REALISTIC RESULTS. Im sorry and believe me I am, but dont see how we can actually trust the article.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 07/18/2011 9:57 am

Ok, I can see some extra lighting in the first set of pics, but what about the second set? This isn't a website that's trying to push a product, this is a journal written after some research. Please don't shoot this down when it's still such a new treatment, this is a relatively cheap way to treat rolling scars with little risk of complications, and I am DEFINITELY going to try it as soon as I can receive subcision.

Lets try it BEFORE making assumptions about the intentions of the doctors who wrote this article. At least one person on this board has had success with this treatment, some of his shallow scars disappeared. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone else who gives it a chance.