Notifications
Clear all

Why isn't PUNCH GRAFTING popular?

MemberMember
(@purpleclock)

Posted : 02/22/2011 6:13 am

I can see eye to eye with you.

Lasers, burning layers of skin didn't sound practical to me.

Chemical peels, seems outright insane.

I recognize how both lasers and chemical peels can be well controlled procedures but not as well controlled as I can assume a punch technique would be; not only that, punch techniques only have a few side effects, of which I find to be minor consequences in comparison to those found in other methods of eliminating scars.

I've looked through some of the comments on punch techniques and there are some mixed views but I feel that it is worth a chance. (check up on the "Scar treatments" page under the "Acne info" tab and you'll see some of the primary concerns that arise out of a procedure, I've noted that they did occur in some of the personal experiences with the surgery that I have read)

I apologize that I don't have any of the links available to other member's detailing their experience with punch techniques but there is a simple process of finding them:

Search through the board by typing in "grafting" to the search and browse through some of the titles that relate with people that are providing their experience with the procedure. It is best to consider what these people say and get an opinion on it (learn about complications that can take place, one person mentioned they took a medicine that complicated their recovery in a skin graft).

Sadly I did not come across any "before and after" pictures, however, if it is of any help, I did come across a youtube video displaying a punch elevation procedure (I consider punch elevation very similar to grafting, all that varies is where the skin comes from, I assume, ?):

(Caution, this is a surgery! Not for weak stomaches)

Acne scar revision by Dr. Young Bellevue, WA (part two, says subcision but I think it looks like elevation? Must be to some degree similar.)

I have too considered the procedure but I'm on hold until I blow through a financial rut I'm in.

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/25/2011 2:28 am

bump

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 08/01/2013 2:23 am

Hi Starkim, did you had it done? (punch graft)