Notifications
Clear all

Why isn't PUNCH GRAFTING popular?

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/10/2011 10:47 pm

I find faults saying Asians or Caucasians can't or can do this and that. Asians are a group of many races thus different skin types and thickness even within one race. An individual will just have to gauge his or her own skin to find what's suitable or not. What one can say for sure that one's skin color can effect laser treatment as darker the skin tone the more laser/light rays it absorbs.

Well, I've noticed asians having the best results with cross and it was pioneered by a Korean so tested on asians.

Asians are at a much higher risk for s/e's with laser such as pigmentation problems. It only makes sense there would be procedures that would be more suitable for them than caucasians -- it's just not that much research is devoted to it.

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/11/2011 1:02 am

I find faults saying Asians or Caucasians can't or can do this and that. Asians are a group of many races thus different skin types and thickness even within one race. An individual will just have to gauge his or her own skin to find what's suitable or not. What one can say for sure that one's skin color can effect laser treatment as darker the skin tone the more laser/light rays it absorbs.

Well, I've noticed asians having the best results with cross and it was pioneered by a Korean so tested on asians.

Asians are at a much higher risk for s/e's with laser such as pigmentation problems. It only makes sense there would be procedures that would be more suitable for them than caucasians -- it's just not that much research is devoted to it.

My main point was about the skin thickness characteristics..that's not true. You're just reinforcing what I said about lasers.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/11/2011 4:27 pm

My main point was about the skin thickness characteristics..that's not true. You're just reinforcing what I said about lasers.

They do have thicker skin.

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/11/2011 5:02 pm

They do have thicker skin.

The skin thickness varies amongst Asians which consist of different races and within one race that still applies. What you're implying is like saying that all Mexicans have blond hair. It's not true. lol

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/11/2011 5:50 pm

Mexicans have thicker skin usually too. Most olive/darker skinned people do.

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/11/2011 6:19 pm

There are plenty of Koreans, Chinese, and SE Asians that have thin skinned. I wouldn't bother to input here if one was to say that are likely to have thicker skin but you're suggesting they all do which is pretty ignorant. Lasers has nothing to do with the skin thickness but skin color. lol

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/11/2011 7:42 pm

Most of them are thicker skinned. Even the more thinner skinned are more thiucker than light caucasians.

I wouldn't bother to input here if one was to say that are likely to have thicker skin but you're suggesting they all do which is pretty ignorant.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I needed to write like a lawyer and provide a disclaimer.

I know that the pigment is why lasers aren't good for them. I never said it was because of their skin thickness. You assumed I meant that.

Oh, and I found out that non-white skin is more compact in the SC and recovers quicker and better than white skin, which reinforces my theory about cross and ethnic skin. So, I was apparently right despite not writing it out like a lawyer and not saying "most."

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/11/2011 8:14 pm

Most of them are thicker skinned. Even the more thinner skinned are more thiucker than light caucasians.

I wouldn't bother to input here if one was to say that are likely to have thicker skin but you're suggesting they all do which is pretty ignorant.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I needed to write like a lawyer and provide a disclaimer.

I know that the pigment is why lasers aren't good for them. I never said it was because of their skin thickness. You assumed I meant that.

Oh, and I found out that non-white skin is more compact in the SC and recovers quicker and better than white skin, which reinforces my theory about cross and ethnic skin. So, I was apparently right despite not writing it out like a lawyer and not saying "most."

Stop with the convoluted arguments. No one here is saying you have to speak like a lawyer but when you state ignorant remarks then that's where I come it. You obviously don't know much about lasers as you stated in a past thread you discredited professionals advice on test spots thus thinking you're above their better judgement and now states more crap without any backing. lasers can be done to people of color, non ablative...the ablative laser requires test spot to for risk of hypopigmentation and people of color requiring low ablative settings. i'm asian and i did not get improvements with tca cross.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/11/2011 9:28 pm

Stop with the convoluted arguments. No one here is saying you have to speak like a lawyer but when you state ignorant remarks then that's where I come it. You obviously don't know much about lasers as you stated in a past thread you discredited professionals advice on test spots thus thinking you're above their better judgement and now states more crap without any backing. lasers can be done to people of color, non ablative...the ablative laser requires test spot to for risk of hypopigmentation and people of color requiring low ablative settings. i'm asian and i did not get improvements with tca cross.

You took my comment, which I stated numerous times was just a theory of mine, as a blanket statement and as fact.

So (the bolded part) is why you're now stalking my posts and trying to argue with me? Grow up! You're such a baby. I still stand my my opinion about the test spot. I never claimed to be an expert. These "experts" mess up a TON of people's skin, so I really don't use their word as gospel. It's my OPINION the skin of the armpit is different than the face. Get over it.

It's written in about every study that asians and others of color really shouldn't have ablative laser or dermabrasion. Further, someone did have a test spot on this site in the past and they STILL got pigmentation problems even though the test spot was fine.

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/11/2011 9:52 pm

So (the bolded part) is why you're now stalking my posts and trying to argue with me? Grow up! You're such a baby. I still stand my my opinion about the test spot. I never claimed to be an expert. These "experts" mess up a TON of people's skin, so I really don't use their word as gospel. It's my OPINION the skin of the armpit is different than the face. Get over it.

This is a forum after all as I post in lots of threads and now your screaming out stalker? So who here is the big baby?

You have an OPINION AS SO DO I. Just because you look foolish then try to make it into something it's not. Who here needs to really grow up?

My posts has been made to correct but also to share knowledge that might help others (Asians, etc.) and to learn as well...not attack. Disagreements are a part of life if you can handle that then step aside.

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/11/2011 10:13 pm

You took my comment, which I stated numerous times was just a theory of mine, as a blanket statement and as fact.

It's written in about every study that asians and others of color really shouldn't have ablative laser or dermabrasion. Further, someone did have a test spot on this site in the past and they STILL got pigmentation problems even though the test spot was fine.

Again, let me rephrase:

Refrain with the convoluted arguments...when you state ignorant remarks then that's where the problem lies. You left out the part of my post "There are plenty of Koreans, Chinese, and SE Asians that have thin skin". There are large numbers of fair skinned Asians which are perfect candidates of variety of lasers.

As I stated I would find it okay if you said "most do" as a compromise to the marginal of ignorance (leeway) but I would say half or less than that have thick skin.

You obviously don't know much about lasers (same for Asians) as you stated in a past thread discrediting professional advice concerning certain test spots thus thinking you're above their better judgement and now states more crap without any backing. Lasers can be done to people of color from non ablative laser to ablative laser (ablative lasers requires test spots for risk of hypopigmentation, a potential risk, and could assume requiring low ablative settings...and Caucasian do test spot as well as they aren't unacceptable to hypopigmentation). So stop throwing bs what is not good or is good for Asian skin because you obvious don't know what you're talking about...Asians cannot be grouped altogether since its comprises of different races, colors, etc. I'm Asian and I did not get improvements with TCA cross so I guess I don't fall into your so-called theory.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/11/2011 10:26 pm

Again, let me rephrase:

Refrain with the convoluted arguments...when you state ignorant remarks then that's where the problem lies. You left out the part of my post "There are plenty of Koreans, Chinese, and SE Asians that have thin skin". There are large numbers of fair skinned Asians which are perfect candidates of variety of lasers.

As I stated I would find it okay if you said "most do" as a compromise to the marginal of ignorance (leeway) but I would say half or less than that have thick skin.

You obviously don't know much about lasers (same for Asians) as you stated in a past thread discrediting professional advice concerning certain test spots thus thinking you're above their better judgement and now states more crap without any backing. Lasers can be done to people of color from non ablative laser to ablative laser (ablative lasers requires test spots for risk of hypopigmentation, a potential risk, and could assume requiring low ablative settings...and Caucasian do test spot as well as they aren't unacceptable to hypopigmentation). So stop throwing bs what is not good or is good for Asian skin because you obvious don't know what you're talking about...Asians cannot be grouped altogether since its comprises of different races, colors, etc. I'm Asian and I did not get improvements with TCA cross so I guess I don't fall into your so-called theory.

I don't have to write "most" unless I am being held to strict rules of opinion. I am not claiming to be an authority, yet you are trying to subject me to their standards. Again with the ear thing -- you are obviously mad about that. That was my opinion just like the Asians and Cross was an opinion/theory. Go back and read my posts about asians and cross -- in most, if not all, I don't remember, I say it's a "theory" I have -- not a fact.

Prove to me that plenty of asians have thinner skin than whites who are fairskinned Fitz 1. I don't believe you on your word.

>>>>>As I stated I would find it okay if you said "most do" as a compromise to the marginal of ignorance (leeway) but I would say half or less than that have thick skin.>>>>

Who the fuck do you think you are? I don't have to write according to your rules.

Asians and dark skinned people are at a higher risk for laser pigmentation and that is in every experts articles about laser. It is my opinion that armpit is not a reliable test spot and I am entitled to that opinion. Behind the ear is better, which is probably why your MD did it there first and not on the armpit. If the armpit was the best and most reliable spot they'd just go there first. For you to tell the poster to not get the ear test and to do the armpit test instead was rash IMO. If you can't deal with people having opinions of their own you shouldn't be on a forum such as this because people will disagree with you. I hope they start to single you out and quote you and start arguments afterward like you have done to me...

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/11/2011 10:47 pm

I don't have to write "most" unless I am being held to strict rules of opinion. I am not claiming to be an authority, yet you are trying to subject me to their standards. Again with the ear thing -- you are obviously mad about that. That was my opinion just like the Asians and Cross was an opinion/theory. Go back and read my posts about asians and cross -- in most, if not all, I don't remember, I say it's a "theory" I have -- not a fact.

Prove to me that plenty of asians have thinner skin than whites who are fairskinned Fitz 1. I don't believe you on your word.

>>>>>As I stated I would find it okay if you said "most do" as a compromise to the marginal of ignorance (leeway) but I would say half or less than that have thick skin.>>>>

Who the fuck do you think you are? I don't have to write according to your rules.

Asians and dark skinned people are at a higher risk for laser pigmentation and that is in every experts articles about laser. It is my opinion that armpit is not a reliable test spot and I am entitled to that opinion. Behind the ear is better, which is probably why your MD did it there first and not on the armpit. If the armpit was the best and most reliable spot they'd just go there first. For you to tell the poster to not get the ear test and to do the armpit test instead was rash IMO. If you can't deal with people having opinions of their own you shouldn't be on a forum such as this because people will disagree with you. I hope they start to single you out and quote you and start arguments afterward like you have done to me...

More convoluted arguments...Cease with bringing up irrelevancies in here because I will not respond to utter nonsense about my so-called rules, etc.

I've already commented about your bs theory in my last post. Where is your proof that popped out your behind that most have thick skin?? I am Asian and live in an area with lots of different Asians...I have thin skin so that's proof right there.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound about armpit and ear? I feel embarrassed for you but to go back on topic...obviously you can't comprehend when I say you cannot group all Asians as a whole due to different races, skin types, etc. so lets not go around in circles as I said this many times. Also, I would be glad to go into further details concerning my laser test spot in that thread but I think it was too much for you since I proved you wrong.

Nice try in trying to turn the tables around but as I said if you can have an opinion so can I. If you can't handle the heat then don't dish it out. Simply, right?

Also, I've already commented enough about your lack of knowledge concerning lasers so go back and read that.

I cannot comment on the other stuff you mentioned because you are deeply disturbed. I would advise you to take a break from forums since you can't tolerate someone with different views. I'm friendly and wouldn't mind working out problems you are having via PM. HTB.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/12/2011 3:24 am

Prove to me that plenty of asians have thinner skin than whites who are fair skinned Fitz 1. I don't believe you on your word.

More convoluted arguments...Cease with bringing up irrelevancies in here because I will not respond to utter nonsense about my so-called rules, etc.

I've already commented about your bs theory in my last post. Where is your proof that popped out your behind that most have thick skin?? I am Asian and live in an area with lots of different Asians...I have thin skin so that's proof right there.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound about armpit and ear? I feel embarrassed for you but to go back on topic...obviously you can't comprehend when I say you cannot group all Asians as a whole due to different races, skin types, etc. so lets not go around in circles as I said this many times. Also, I would be glad to go into further details concerning my laser test spot in that thread but I think it was too much for you since I proved you wrong.

Nice try in trying to turn the tables around but as I said if you can have an opinion so can I. If you can't handle the heat then don't dish it out. Simply, right?

Also, I've already commented enough about your lack of knowledge concerning lasers so go back and read that.

I cannot comment on the other stuff you mentioned because you are deeply disturbed. I would advise you to take a break from forums since you can't tolerate someone with different views. I'm friendly and wouldn't mind working out problems you are having via PM. HTB.

You are the one who has convoluted views. I have to cater to your unwritten rules on how I phrase my opinions? Are you for real?

You won't respond to any of my points -- what about how every medical article stresses that lasers are to be used with the utmost caution in asians? Why do you not respond to that?

>>>Where is your proof that popped out your behind that most have thick skin?? I am Asian and live in an area with lots of different Asians...I have thin skin so that's proof right there. >>>

Well I have white skin and live around a lot of whites and it's thinner than asian skin. (See how utterly ridiculous this proof is?) Your subjective opinion, just because you're asian is not proof, sorry.

>>>>Do you know how ridiculous you sound about armpit and ear? I feel embarrassed for you but to go back on topic...obviously you can't comprehend when I say you cannot group all Asians as a whole due to different races, skin types, etc. so lets not go around in circles as I said this many times. Also, I would be glad to go into further details concerning my laser test spot in that thread but I think it was too much for you since I proved you wrong.>>>>

Do you? The armpit has more hair, many more sweat glands, and also apocrine glands and lymph nodes which the ear and face do not. I comprehend what you say but I disagree, something you obviously can't handle since you're going around quoting my responses and attacking them -- even one of my own experience with retinoids. You never PROVED me wrong. Where is your proof? If anything (getting back to lasers and asian skin) you proved me right because your test spot is PIH and you couldn't have the lasers you speak so highly of.

>>>>>Nice try in trying to turn the tables around but as I said if you can have an opinion so can I. If you can't handle the heat then don't dish it out. Simply, right? >>>

The difference between my opinion and yours is that I am not following you around, quoting your posts and telling you how to word them, and also taking an antagonistic tone in my opinion -- not until you did those things to me.

>>>Also, I've already commented enough about your lack of knowledge concerning lasers so go back and read that. >>>

I never said too much about lasers except that it's probably not best to use them on dark skinned people without risking major PIH, which is also in all the medical literature.

>>>I cannot comment on the other stuff you mentioned because you are deeply disturbed. I would advise you to take a break from forums since you can't tolerate someone with different views. I'm friendly and wouldn't mind working out problems you are having via PM.>>>

I'm deeply disturbed?? You're the one going around quoting posts of mine on various different threads trying to start a fight with me.

I don't need your advisement, thanks. You also need to look at yourself since you're the one who can't tolerate different views -- ex. test spot, use of retinoids, and opinions about cross and asian skin that were clearly stated as a "theory" and not "fact."

I'd rather not have anything to do with you via PM or otherwise.

MemberMember
(@r800)

Posted : 02/12/2011 3:50 am

Prove to me that plenty of asians have thinner skin than whites who are fair skinned Fitz 1. I don't believe you on your word.

You are the one who has convoluted views. I have to cater to your unwritten rules on how I phrase my opinions? Are you for real?

You won't respond to any of my points -- what about how every medical article stresses that lasers are to be used with the utmost caution in asians? Why do you not respond to that?

>>>Where is your proof that popped out your behind that most have thick skin?? I am Asian and live in an area with lots of different Asians...I have thin skin so that's proof right there. >>>

Well I have white skin and live around a lot of whites and it's thinner than asian skin. (See how utterly ridiculous this proof is?) Your subjective opinion, just because you're asian is not proof, sorry.

>>>>Do you know how ridiculous you sound about armpit and ear? I feel embarrassed for you but to go back on topic...obviously you can't comprehend when I say you cannot group all Asians as a whole due to different races, skin types, etc. so lets not go around in circles as I said this many times. Also, I would be glad to go into further details concerning my laser test spot in that thread but I think it was too much for you since I proved you wrong.>>>>

Do you? The armpit has more hair, many more sweat glands, and also apocrine glands and lymph nodes which the ear and face do not. I comprehend what you say but I disagree, something you obviously can't handle since you're going around quoting my responses and attacking them -- even one of my own experience with retinoids. You never PROVED me wrong. Where is your proof? If anything (getting back to lasers and asian skin) you proved me right because your test spot is PIH and you couldn't have the lasers you speak so highly of.

>>>>>Nice try in trying to turn the tables around but as I said if you can have an opinion so can I. If you can't handle the heat then don't dish it out. Simply, right? >>>

The difference between my opinion and yours is that I am not following you around, quoting your posts and telling you how to word them, and also taking an antagonistic tone in my opinion -- not until you did those things to me.

>>>Also, I've already commented enough about your lack of knowledge concerning lasers so go back and read that. >>>

I never said too much about lasers except that it's probably not best to use them on dark skinned people without risking major PIH, which is also in all the medical literature.

>>>I cannot comment on the other stuff you mentioned because you are deeply disturbed. I would advise you to take a break from forums since you can't tolerate someone with different views. I'm friendly and wouldn't mind working out problems you are having via PM.>>>

I'm deeply disturbed?? You're the one going around quoting posts of mine on various different threads trying to start a fight with me.

I don't need your advisement, thanks. You also need to look at yourself since you're the one who can't tolerate different views -- ex. test spot, use of retinoids, and opinions about cross and asian skin that were clearly stated as a "theory" and not "fact."

I'd rather not have anything to do with you via PM or otherwise.

Hey,How things go so far?

its very unnecessary

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/12/2011 12:53 pm

@r800 Thank you! Totally unnecessary as this person speaks in volume of utter rubbish.

Here are two opinions in which one, Anti-Em, can't tolerate someone else's opinion then realizing she has faults in her own opinion thus derailing the discussion with nonsense.

Epic post = Epic fail thus Anti-Em

I'm dealing with a childish person who steeps to profanity.

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/12/2011 1:00 pm

Case in point. Profane and delusional views.

MemberMember
(@substate)

Posted : 02/12/2011 2:58 pm

sigh.. get a room you two

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/12/2011 3:08 pm

sigh.. get a room you two

Chapter is closed so troll along.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/12/2011 4:57 pm

I used one profane word.

S800 is probably you since they joined last week. I used to be a mod and I've seen people have about 10 user names. Sometimes they even talked to themselves....it was creepy and a riot and it happened A LOT.

Still didn't address my points about lasers -- you just keep derailing.

Why didn't you get laser since it's so good for asian skin and you're thin-skinned? Oh yeah-- you had PIH on your test spot....

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/12/2011 5:08 pm

If you are so worried about multiple accounts why don't you contact a moderator to verify IPs...you'll just be proven wrong AGAIN....along with this so-called stalking/harassment and now your attacking members, who commented on your rude behavior, accusing them of being the same member. There's a reason why you are NO longer a mod due to your lack of better judgement. That forum you used to belong to is probably full of garbage like you're spewing out now so go back there.

The derailment is about my laser as this thread is about PUNCH GRAFT. I'll be more than happy to discuss this matter via PM but I know that's not the case as you're just covering your ass. Do you have any actual relevant inputs or just trolling like the next?

I used one profane word.

S800 is probably you since they joined last week. I used to be a mod and I've seen people have about 10 user names. Sometimes they even talked to themselves....it was creepy and a riot and it happened A LOT.

Why didn't you get laser since it's so good for asian skin and you're thin-skinned? Oh yeah-- you had PIH on your test spot....

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/12/2011 5:42 pm

If you are so worried about multiple accounts why don't you contact a moderator to verify IPs...you'll just be proven wrong AGAIN....along with this so-called stalking/harassment and now utter crap attacking members, who commented on your rude behavior, accusing them of being the same member. There's a reason why you are no longer a mod due to your lack of better judgement. That forum you used to belong to is probably full of garbage like you're spewing out now so go back there.

The derailment is about my laser as this thread is about PUNCH GRAFT. I'll be more than happy to discuss this matter via PM but I know that's not the case as you're just covering your ass. Do you have any actual relevant inputs or just trolling like the next?

I used one profane word.

I could care less if you have more than one account. Not to mention a confirm from a mod would make no difference since it's really easy to get around -- most people have more than one PC so different IP's..

I am not a mod because I stopped posting. I didn't post here for years. I don't even come here now that much. I also didn't like being a mod and will never do it again -- it's too much work -- people don't realize.... I also didn't like that I felt I had to censor myself. I was a mod here.

You weren't worried about derailing this thread when you started the debate. I don't want to do via PM -- it's you who is covering your ass -- oh look now you used profanity. Maybe I should highlight it and call you disturbed. Since you want to take it to PM it's you who is afraid you'll look like a fool.

You're still defecting my points.. Don't start a debate you can't finish.

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/12/2011 5:45 pm

FYI: NO ONE CARES about your socalled-mod past. Other than looking foolish you're just plain out trolling and hijacking this thread.

I could care less if you have more than one account. Not to mention a confirm from a mod would make no difference since it's really easy to get around -- most people have more than one PC so different IP's..

I am not a mod because I stopped posting. I didn't post here for years. I don't even come here now that much. I also didn't like being a mod and will never do it again -- it's too much work -- people don't realize.... I also didn't like that I felt I had to censor myself. I was a mod here.

You weren't worried about derailing this thread when you started the debate. I don't want to do via PM -- it's you who is covering your ass -- oh look now you used profanity. Maybe I should highlight it and call you disturbed. Since you want to take it to PM it's you who is afraid you'll look like a fool.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 02/12/2011 5:54 pm

FYI: NO ONE CARES about your socalled-mod past. Other than looking foolish you're just plain out trolling and hijacking this thread.

I clarified the mod points that YOU raised. I don't evade your points like you do mine.

Again, not responding to my points. Funny how you kept saying it was I who kept deflecting when it is you. You started this fight, what's the matter? Did I make points you can't validly address now? Is that why you want to take it to PM?

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/12/2011 6:02 pm

No one here has been fighting except for you with the cursing, accusation, and now trolling. However, I did find it funny that you thought I was stalking you but now I find it sad and pathetic. Your points has been a charade which you can play that alone.

I clarified the mod points that YOU raised. I don't evade your points like you do mine.

Again, not responding to my points. Funny how you kept saying it was I who kept deflecting when it is you. You started this fight, what's the matter? Did I make points you can't validly address now? Is that why you want to take it to PM?